Walt Disney Christmas Parade

Hey everybody! Merry Christmas to everyone btw. Who's planning to watch the CHRISTMAS PARADE tomorrow? I heard there's a LOT more focus on our beloved Disneyland Park than usual. Does anyone know if there are going to be any reruns for those of us that are going to be out on christmas day? Or maybe someone can videotape it! I know visionfantastic has last year's parade.
    Currently at DreamWorks Animation SKG

Former Disneyland Adventureland Castmember
    [Skipper & Archaeologist]

• A Pirate's life for me!

Re: Walt Disney Christmas Parade

It comes on in our market (Bay Area) at 2:30 on channel 7. We'll be watching, along with figuring out how to put all of our new goodies together and installing batteries in those things that say, "batteries not included".

Enjoy!

• Banned User

I will be sure to see/tape it as it has been a very special year for Disneyland. I am hoping for a special Christmas wish in a form of a Musical History of Disneyland. I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

• Defeats the Huns

So how was the Special??
    I'm soooo mad at myself that I didn't TiVo it! It was the one event that I wanted to see for Christmas -- but I totally blanked and forgot about it entirely!! SOOO sooooo SOOO mad at myself.

Did anyone tape it? IF you did, any way you can uplaod it somewhere or send it to me through email? or I send a tape to me through snail mail? I'll pay for it.

• Still lost in Neverland

I was not all that impressed. It was a big commercial for the Parks and all the people (most of whom I never heard of) who are "stars" of the Disney Channels shows. The parades where staged and not really what you actually see when you go. I did like that they now covered all the Parks and we got to see some stuff from Paris, Tokyo and Hong Kong as well as the Florida and California Parks. But overall, I was just not impressed this year. It seems to be more of a showcase for the "stars" of Disney Channel now than it is about Holiday at the Parks.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

i understand your sentiments, LostBoy. i didn't even bother to watch because i have just grown so tired of the heavily edited and "staged" productions and parade coverage.

i wonder how many Guests actually go to the Magic Kingdom on Christmas Day hoping to see the taping, only to find all the lights, cameras and Regis long gone. at least they will see the real parade.

• Defeats the Huns

I'm just interested in the special because my friend is in it. hehe. he's in the Parades department. So yeah.. if anyone has it, let me know!

• A Pirate's life for me!

We were looking for familiar MiceChatters' faces in the crowds, but the cameramen were pretty fast...

Anyone that was there see themselves on TV?

• Still lost in Neverland

The parades were actually taped over two weeks ago, and I am assuming from past parades done for the TV that most of the crowd and there kids were Cast Members drafted to play Guests and behave. It is all just too staged to be believed, by us anyway. The GP probably eats it up.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Defeats the Huns

Some of the guests were actual guests. But yes, a lot of the "guests" were family and friends of cast members in the parade.

• Meega, nala kwishta!!

The only reason to watch is in there's a performer you want to see. Like last year I recorded it to watch Mariah Carey's opening (which they spent a lot of time on her) and Juanes.

not sure if people realize why they stage the parades and edit them so much.

First of all there is no way they can show the whole parade of each park in such a short two hour special but the main reason is to avoid haing duplicatd characters appear on a supposedly live telecast from each park.

They are very careful that they do not show two Sanat Claus's in two diferent parks. Each character is chosen carefully so that children do not see Mickey mouse in one suit in one park at the same time that they are supposedly comunicating live o another park then show Mickey overthere also in another suit.

All this is carefully planned

When do the xmas decorations come down?