Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Boat shoes all day long

Exclamation 2012 Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend!

Is this thread a little early? Probably.

I have been getting a little excited about the Disneyland Half Marathon and I can only assume that some of you are in the same boat! It seems like as each year passes, more Mice Chatters are signing up for the race. Or at least saying that they will sign up the following year...all good things!

Some of you may be beginners to half marathons, while others season vets, but either way, everyone can use a little advice and/or motivation. I am not the person to give either of those, but I can point out some people that can.

The below site belongs to Jeff Galloway and features his signature training programs, all free for viewing.
    Run Injury Free with Jeff Galloway: Your Complete Running Resource. Marathon Training, Half Marathon Training, 10K Training.

While not as good-looking as Mr. Galloway, Hal Higdon also offers up good training programs for less-experienced runners looking for training plans and guidance.
    Hal Higdon Training Programs

It is pretty likely you will be able to find something useful on one of the above sites to aid in your training. Come race day, excuses flow like wine regarding missteps in training, so why not avoid that train by TCOB (taking care of business) now?

So, who will be between Downtown Disney and the DLH on Sunday, September 2nd at 5:45 am in short pants?
    "Let's get weird" -Abraham Lincoln

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Re: 2012 Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend!

I'm so excited! My first half marathon! My first ever just had to be Disney! I've been training really hard for months now and am doing 5Ks and 10Ks now to pass time. It's been a dream of mine and I just can't wait! I'll be ready. Running has become a huge hobby of mine now and I just love long distance running. Got my hotel booked for the weekend and my little "cheering" squad haha. I'm eagerly awaiting the route map to be released this year to see if we'll be running through the beautiful Route 66 town of Radiator Springs and past the Ornament Valley

•   
    • Minion

I am not running (I do 5Ks and the logistics for that race didn't work out for me), but I am planning on volunteering for at least one day during the Half-Marathon weekend. So I'll be one of the friendly faces handing you water, giving you your race shirt, or cheering you on.

• Circle of Ancients

I'll be there. This will be my 3rd Disneyland 1/2 Marathon and either my 10th or 11th 1/2 Marathon total (depends on if I run another before Disney).

It's always a great race and I know this year will be amazing too!!!

I did the 5th Anniversary race 2 years ago and it was the best. I wanted to do it last year too but it filled up so fast by the time i remembered it was sold out :/ I'm really hoping the run will include running through cars land
    Plain and simple, I love Disney.
    Pin Collector since 2008.
    Annual Pass Owner Since 2007
    Favorite Ride Quote: "R2! Lightspeed to Endor!"

Curious, we're there are unusual characters at the regular half last year? They had Hercules, Tarzan, and the lost boys at the Tink half, so I'm looking forward to who may be at this one!

• Sock Puppet

My Fiance and I are doing this a couple weeks after our wedding. It'll be our third Half marathon together and my 4th overall... All at Disney! I can't wait! Does anybody know about when to expect to see the course come out? I'll be excited to run through Cars land!

Under an Umbrella in Portland! Just a short 2 hour flight from Anaheim

I am in for my 5th DLand half. Stll have the best medal of any Dis-Race out there. Moved from Anaheom to Oregon a couple months ago, so I will miss my training runs around the resort area, but the Cypress 10K/5K is over my birthday trip in July, so will be doing that to prep for DLand.

And thanks to BoygunaSurf for being the #1 MiceChat Cheermouse when it comes to the race. Glad there are no Vegas trips interfering with your schedule this year. LOL

Good luck to everyone and may you have 4 months of happy and healthy training!
    Glory, Glory Man United! And the Reds go marching on! On!! ON!!!

I survived my first Marathon. Got my Mickey at WDW after 6:22:08 of "fun" on the course. Not happy with the time, so I will go back and be getting Goofy next year!

Renthead, good to see you are still in the game! I lived in Portland for a while, so you should start seeing the sun around the Fourth of July!

Asianway, the only "unusual" characters I saw were men running in women's dresses a couple years back.

A source confirmed the course map sould hit the streets as early as the beginning of June - hopefully we get to round the bases. I am not sure how many of you have gone the minimalist route, but if you have, I STRONGLY suggest trying out the Saucony Kinvara 2 (the 3 is out but our team issues are backordered). They are ultra light, well ventilated, and the sole is very flexible - all good bullets for a 13.1 mile shoe.

I retired from running training for a while and am doing multi-sport getting ready for a couple big triathlons, so hopefully come Labor Day Weekend I can hold it together for a strictly running race. It sounds like a good number of you guys are getting geared up - I'm stoked to see how all the Chatters do this year!

Question: do most of you come early, enjoy the park while it is a little less crowded, run, and then head home the following day? Or, do you come the day before, enjoy a day at the park and expo, run, and then park hop afterwards so as to not wear out your legs before the run?

We are probably going to come down earlier, a few days of walking doesn't seem to have too much of an affect on performance, but just curious.

Just some ramblings, getting excited!

Also running this race for the first time assumming I get enough training in (lagging a bit - my 8 year old daughter easily out-ran me at the Santa Anita Derby 5K a few weeks ago, but heck, a half marathon is all about endurance, not speed, right!).

Really hoping Angel Stadium is included this year!

Thanks for the training program web-site link!

• DMTNT

Boygunasurf - I usually come in on Saturday, check-in, hit the expo, then enjoy the day around the pool. Run the half on Sunday, then hit the parks for the day before driving home.

Let's hope we get to the run through Angel Stadium. I believe the Angel's on the road that weekend so we should be able to. Also, hoping we get to run through Radiator Springs.

Good luck training everyone.

My goal this year was to run a 1/2 Marathon. I really wanted to run this one, but waited too long to sign up. (I'm still not in 1/2 Marathon shape, though).

I did sign up for the 5K, and excited to do that. I just started running last year, and I've done a couple of 5Ks. Still have a goal of a 1/2 this year. I actually think it's better that I'm not doing this as my first 1/2 though.

I'm doing the 5k and I'm pumped!

Good Evening to all!

As you may or may not know, the course map has been posted!

http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/ewwo...Course-Map.pdf

Running the bases as rumored!

• DMTNT

It looks like the same course as 2010.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast