Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• -

Re: I know I have to face reality, but just for the sake of fantasy...

Quote Originally Posted by Not My Real Name View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the PM was at the '64 World's Fair.
    It was in a sense. The ride system was used for the Ford Magic Skyway.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

•   
    • ALL DISNEY ALL THE TIME

Blog Entries

I loved it and every time I go to wdw i ride it at leaset once a day. it's a good place to relax and enjoy the veiw

• ---------------

Several people summed up why PM was a great attraction.
    I also do the same as others, ride PM when in WDW.
    Correct me if I'm wrong.
    PM (WDW) does use the rotating tires in certain places. I swear I saw them, especially when the ride "picked up".
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Well when I went on the one at WDW......these are the reason I liked it (and went on it 3 times)
    1) Its relaxing
    2) A good way to take a break
    3) NO line
    4) a ride you can sneak food on and not feel bad since your the only person/group in the car

• curiouser and curiouser

I hope I didn't offend anyone with what I wrote (which I undoubtedly did considering the negative rep I got). I suppose my main frustration lies in the fact that you have this eyesore of a track that has been sitting there unused for ten years now, but also my overall dissatisfaction with the (lack of) theming in the Autopia/PM northern section of TL, which the unattractive cement structures of the PM does little to improve.

I understand that Autopia is still a popular attraction with kids.
    Personally, I would prefer if they tore the whole thing down and replaced it with something more fitting that more people can enjoy, but if nothing else, I think a retheming of that area is long overdue, and this includes getting rid of the People Mover track.

Quote Originally Posted by DLcub View Post
    I hope I didn't offend anyone with what I wrote (which I undoubtedly did considering the negative rep I got). I suppose my main frustration lies in the fact that you have this eyesore of a track that has been sitting there unused for ten years now, but also my overall dissatisfaction with the (lack of) theming in the Autopia/PM northern section of TL, which the unattractive cement structures of the PM does little to improve.

Personally, I would prefer if they tore the whole thing down and replaced it with something more fitting that more people can enjoy, but if nothing else, I think a retheming of that area is long overdue, and this includes getting rid of the People Mover track.
    There is no reason you should get a negative rep for your other post. You were just stating your opinion and asking a question. Last time I checked that wasn’t against the rules. I’d contact the Micechat police if I were you and get that neg rep expunged.

• My Children's Father

How about a PM type system that would run from M&F down to a station at the West end of DtD, and then to a station at the East end of DtD? Maybe it could have a "spur" line going further south to serve the parking lot (the name escapes me) south of the Paradise Pier Hotel (and the Hotel), which eventually could be extended to a future third gate (and second parking structure. Would you like to see a WORKING PM above DtD? Or would it be an eyesore?

I think such a system would cost tens of millions, but could cost less than rebuilding it in the park because it would take advantage of mostly open space. Not that I've called USA dig Alert or inventoried manhole covers (gotta watch out for those gas lines), but I think it would be easier to build without being intertwined with a dozen rides and attractions ....

I think that's why they have not taken the track down. They're probably waiting for the next major re-do of Tomorrowland, when large portions of it will likely be closed anyway.
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Element of Laughter

Besides being a nice diversion from thrill rides, and a nice way to relax and get off your feet for about 15 minutes, the PeopleMover provided a sense of motion and kinetic energy to Tomorrowland. It fit in well with the whole "world on the move" theme, and kept Tomorrowland from feeling like a ghost town at night.
    ​Pinkamena Diane Pie, is that you?

• formerly very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by DLcub View Post

As the one who started this whole discussion in the first place, let me say that while I don't agree with your opinion, I found NOTHING offensive about it. I saw it for what it was: A fellow Disney fan sharing his opinion about Disneyland. If anyone had a problem with you sharing your feelings, I for one welcome a differing of views. And honestly, many of your points are very well made.

Thank you for sharing them.

• Done with MC.

DLCub, I think your post was just fine.

• Oh, I just LOVE your hat!

Never got a chance to ride it, but as most posters said above, I'd enjoy it because of the relaxing benefit.. Kinda like riding the Train and doing the full circle tour when your feet are just dead tired, I'd see the PeopleMover as a little R&R at the park...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12