Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Avengers and disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    I say put the rumored meet and greet in Innoventions.
    Since it's a debate on should or shouldn't they be in the park
    Innoventions seems like a good compromise. They could be there, but not in your face.
    I'd be fine with a meet in greet in DCA (I guess Hollywood section).
    It'd be cool if they converted Innoventions to having a meet and great, as well as a bunch of exhibits and movie memorabilia on display. I'm sure there are quite.a few comic book geeks like me who'd get a kick out of being up close with Captain America's shield, etc.
    Last edited by noleafclover1980; 04-28-2012 at 11:00 AM.

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

I'd rather Innoventions go back to a show
    but in the mean time, it could house this "rumored" meet and greet.

The bottom portion can become an attraction
    and the top could be the meet n greet
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    I'd rather Innoventions go back to a show
    but in the mean time, it could house this "rumored" meet and greet.
    Honestly I'd rather they just tear down the whole building to make room for a new attraction... there seems to be no plans to make use of the revolving theater, so may as well just tear it out so they can build something from the ground up and not work around the design.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Intoventions....becomes the Avengers Show...there that would make most people on the boards angry...will people that go to the park love it....in the end no matter what Disney does with Marvel someone will be mad

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Intoventions....becomes the Avengers Show...there that would make most people on the boards angry...will people that go to the park love it....in the end no matter what Disney does with Marvel someone will be mad
    Considering some people still say Star Wars and Indiana Jones don't belong, it's just a risk they will have to take. You can never please everybody.

• Down Pluto!

Quote Originally Posted by noleafclover1980 View Post
    Considering some people still say Star Wars and Indiana Jones don't belong, it's just a risk they will have to take. You can never please everybody.
    But Disney does have examples of not pleasing just about everyone. I am ever hopeful they can still learn...

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Senior Minion

Didn't Iger already confirm that the Marvel characters would be coming to the parks eventually, but it's going to take some time?
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

innoventions should have a trailer of the show or something w/ meet and greet that would be okay i guess

• Blew By You

Avengers at Downtown Disney. Close but not in Disneyland.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    However, let's not forget the ongoing contracts with Universal for the Marvel franchise. And yes - the Avengers in Disneyland would be like having a Woody Woodpecker meet and greet at Disneyland - just as out of place.

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by bayouguy View Post
    Avengers at Downtown Disney. Close but not in Disneyland.
    That's good too.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    But Disney does have examples of not pleasing just about everyone. I am ever hopeful they can still learn...
    Name a few that aren't older fans that generally get angry over ANY change? The only outright failure in popularity (other than DCA 1.0) has been Winnie the Pooh. People act like Pirate's Cove for example is a travesty of justice... yet it's increased foot traffic on the island by a LOT.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

"Disney" is not a theme, it is a condition of ownership. To reduce it to a theme is to commit the very same missteps that have typically prevented other themed experiences from attaining the same level of emotional response as those created by Disney. Ornamentation and expense do not create this response, it is the thoughtful process of choosing what to include and exclude, authentic and anachronistic, that build up to create a specific environment that resonates with the audience.

That the fans of Disneyland do not see its own merits is the biggest shame. Would there be a similar embrace if the characters of Sky High, another set of Disney superheroes, were to enter into the Marvel Cinematic Universe? Or why not include Agent P as an Avenger? Maybe Rapunzel should go help Merida in her quest for independence? Even in the multifaceted world of comic books there are different lines and universes that recognize each other's differences and how it would not make sense for them to all just ignore these "rules" that are built up as part of the fiction. Marvel created the contemporary superhero film, genre and its popularity not by treating superheroes as silly or campy, but by respecting their true identity and taking them seriously.

That Disney has not just plopped down Marvel meet and greets should be celebrated. Unfortunately it is probably a result of political infighting, but it would also show a respect not only to the fiction and integrity of Disneyland, but also the fiction and integrity of the Marvel characters. It is okay if the two do not have natural overlaps. It means they are their own things. If there is a way in which they do naturally overlap, then allow for that narrative to be explored, but do not force it because ownership has changed. Disney could sell off or spin off Marvel (if maintaining all of Walt's 47 square miles of central Florida is not sacred, why should Marvel be?).

Only further removing Innovention's connection to Tomorrowland helps neither. It only further removes the identity of a place which has been lacking a solid identity since the 1970s. It also just furthers the identity crisis of Tomorrowland at large. It breaks down the atmosphere that creates a sense of place and further devolves the land into the confusion of brands and imagery that befuddles so many, and continually raises the question of "What is wrong?" That should not a question asked of a cohesive themed environment.

Universal is also a serious element in the matter of Marvel. Not for the legal issues regarding the three existing licensing agreements, but because what was done with the first of those. It was with the Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man that Universal truly and clearly bested Disney, finally ending Disney's position as the unchallenged supreme in the world of themed experiences. Since then, this challenge has only been furthered, especially with the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Achievements that Disney has still not seriously contended. A slapped together, out-of-theme Marvel experience at the Disneyland Resort would hardly be an example of the "Disney difference" when Universal did so much more over a decade ago. If Disney is going to build a Marvel experience it should be one that truly wows, respectful of the integrity of the existing Disney parks and the integrity of the Marvel multiverse while also reestablishing Disney as the premier name in themed entertainment, not some second-rate experience living in the shadow of Universal's work.

• Senior Minion

^ THAT is a seriously excellent post.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

•   
    • Minion

I would be ok with the Innoventions building becoming the stark expo attraction and show. You could still use the moving theater to have different scenes for the stark expo.

The first scene could be Tony Start introducing the same video from Iron Man 2 where his father talks about the city of tomorrow. If you watch it it's done in a very Disney like way. They could even splice Walt Disney himself into the movie. The next scene could be some of the visions of tomorrow and of course then a villain could interrupt the show and threaten all the guests. The next scene could be a fight scene between the avengers and the villain. And then the final scene could be them giving the guests a vision into a safer tomorrow. on the way out a meet and greet with the avengers.

Just a quick arm chair idea missing lots of details I know but I think it could be done extremely well and fit into the theme of tomorrowland.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast