Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Avengers and disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    I would be ok with the Innoventions building becoming the stark expo attraction and show.
    Now THAT would be a good attraction.

It's good to know I'm not the only one who noticed Mr. Stark Sr.'s resemblance to Walt Disney in some way. The whole EPCOT/World's Fair idea plays a big role in that storyline, and they could definitely use the Marvel franchise to bring those ideas back into the parks. Hey, I think they integrated the Lucasfilms characters and stories into the parks quite nicely - certain Marvel storylines could fit just as well.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    ^ THAT is a seriously excellent post.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mylothelostboy View Post
    The whole EPCOT/World's Fair idea plays a big role in that storyline, and they could definitely use the Marvel franchise to bring those ideas back into the parks.
    Why should Marvel, which is apparently starting to push back to retain its own distinct identity, want to be associated with Disneyland? You yourself admit that, as a cultural institution, Disneyland has lost so much standing that it can no longer respectably present its own ideas to the world as itself. If the Disney and Disneyland derived ideas presented in Iron Man 2 are still strong then they do not need the mask of another entity (Marvel) unless the original (Disney and Disneyland) no longer holds the respect of the public. The argument for Stark Expo due to its being a derivative of Tomorrowland is only one for why Marvel should fight the concept as it ties the Marvel brand, which is in a period of tremendous growth, with Disneyland, a brand whose own fans admit is near death as a distinct and inspiring identity.

• Down Pluto!

Quote Originally Posted by bayouguy View Post
    Avengers at Downtown Disney. Close but not in Disneyland.
    I am with you! You have my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    "Disney" is not a theme, it is a condition of ownership.
    It is neither - it is a "BRAND" - ask Disney the Marketeers. (or as you say below )

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Thanks!

Why should Marvel, which is apparently starting to push back to retain its own distinct identity, want to be associated with Disneyland? You yourself admit that, as a cultural institution, Disneyland has lost so much standing that it can no longer respectably present its own ideas to the world as itself. If the Disney and Disneyland derived ideas presented in Iron Man 2 are still strong then they do not need the mask of another entity (Marvel) unless the original (Disney and Disneyland) no longer holds the respect of the public. The argument for Stark Expo due to its being a derivative of Tomorrowland is only one for why Marvel should fight the concept as it ties the Marvel brand, which is in a period of tremendous growth, with Disneyland, a brand whose own fans admit is near death as a distinct and inspiring identity.
    Further awesomeness. True words lazyboy97O...
    Last edited by Sambo; 04-29-2012 at 04:47 PM.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

I would love to be able to stand next to a real iron man suit, so a meet and greet would be great. Then again, Disney probably couldn't pull it off, so never mind.

They should have did an Avengers-themed dance party instead of Mad T Party.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123