Some questions about rides on the Disneyland RR....

Ok so, the Disneyland Railroad is one of the only things in the parks that I really have no clue about whatsoever. It's usually one of the things I skip when I get the times to go out to the parks, but next time I really want to make it special. Does anyone know what you have to do to get a ride on the Lilly Belle and/or the locomotive (or coal car or whatever)? I've been looking around for answers on the internet but there doesn't seem to be any one clear answer. Thanks!

• Johnny and Me!

Re: Some questions about rides on the Disneyland RR....

All you have to do is ask a conductor at the Main Street RR Station. The Lilly Belle and the Tender are only open certain times of day (both close at dusk), so if you can't get a ride, ask again later.

Also, if the red freight cars are out, you can ask for a ride in the caboose! This can be done from any station, as long as it isn't already full.

Get there early and ask a Conductor if you can ride the Lilly Belle.
    Rides near the Engine are called Tender Rides. Same thing just ask a conductor. It helps if you have an 8 year old with you.

It's a must do!

We ride the DLRR all day! Not only is it fun to go around in any seat to see the entire loop, but it is also the best way to get around the park!

Getting from land to land, or from one side of the park to the front gates, its much faster than walking and gives you time to rest your tired feeties!

Try using it to your advantage next trip

• Minion

Just so you know, the Lilly Belle isn't always out on the tracks, and they also don't allow LB or tender seat rides when it's really hot. You also have to ask the very first thing in the morning.

• See Ya Real Soon!

We use the Train to get from one side of the park to the others, just to get a brake. It is just too bad the main street isn't accessable.

I so want to ride the Liberty Belle but I have to avoid stairs. Can you get off at the Main Street Station and ask then? Also if you are given a time say 2 hours away, can you get off the train at the Main Street Station and then reboard from there?

If you want to ride in the caboose you don't have to ask. You can just go down and open the door. It's usually not full. To ride on the tender you have to board at Main Street and ride all the way around. If they need to add water when they stop in New Orleans Square then they don't have passengers on the tender. Also not all of the engines have a tender seat so you might have to wait for more than one train to go by. Enjoy your trip. Riding on the train is one of my son's favorite things to do. He even wants to be one of the engineers for the DLRR when he grows up.
    Visit the Hamand Family Blog to see what we've been up to. http://matthamand.blogspot.com

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by disneychrista View Post
    We use the Train to get from one side of the park to the others, just to get a brake. It is just too bad the main street isn't accessable.

I so want to ride the Liberty Belle but I have to avoid stairs. Can you get off at the Main Street Station and ask then? Also if you are given a time say 2 hours away, can you get off the train at the Main Street Station and then reboard from there?
    I have a friend in a wheelchair and you just use the handicapped accessible New Orleans Square stop. If you can't get up to the Main Street station to ask for a ride or appointment, you can ask at NOS or City Hall. But if you wanted to hop on the train somewhere else and then get off at Main Street and get back on, that's no problem either. I've found that when I'm with my friend, we get a scheduled reservation so the CMs at the Main Street station leave room for us to board at NOS rather than filling it up at MS.

• What happened to Rosita?

For the Lily Belle, and the Tender Car I imagine, I've found that it's best to get there before park opening so you can stand in line at the Main Street Station doors. If it is on the tracks that day, you then ask the cast member and he/she will have a clipboard with the time you can sign up for.

It usually fills up fast and every time I've done it, there were others in line looking to get a reservation too.

Hope you have fun.
    John Hammond: "All major theme parks have had delays. When they opened Disneyland in 1956 [sic], nothing worked!"
    Dr. Ian Malcolm: "But, John. If the Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists."