Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vikings

• șoș Tom șoș

Vikings

Much has been said about ideas for the parks and for entertainment and what not but I wanna add my two cents. I know the Matterhorn is our Ice Ride at Disneyland but I would love to see a Viking ride back where the Big Thunder Mtn BBQ used to be behind Big Thunder.

I guess everytime I see that loading station for the old skyway, I think of Vikings. Like Pirates and Cowboys and Knights- Vikings are one of those really cool classic themes. I know there is a ride in Epcot in one of the pavillions but I sure wouldn't mind seeing another ride take and utlilize the space behind Big Thunder.

It's also one of the areas of legend that I suppose there is a Princess tail that I think would make a great traditional animated film. Its just a thought.

• Metal Head

being of norse descent I too would enjoy a viking attraction.

perhaps there could be a daily raid on storybook land
    How much longer will it take
    For the world to see.
    We should learn to live
    And simply let it be.
    Bloodstone, bloodstone.

• șoș Tom șoș

metal god is cool

Quote Originally Posted by Metal God

Dang thats rad!

• Race Car Driver

Quote Originally Posted by Metal God

Hahahahahahaha
    Yes, it is fast....

No, you can't drive IT.

Drive it like it's stolen.

• I Hug My Tapirs

I agree! I think that would make an awesome ride. But that's also my half-Swedish, half-Norse blood talking.

I've also thought that some of the Norse mythology would make a really cool film.
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States
    Valhalla at Blackpool Pleasure Beach in England would be a good starting point for the type of attraction (only not as drenching wet, please)

I wouldn't mind getting an upgraded version of Maelstrom in our third gate which could have a theme similar to Disneysea (as part of my Disneysea/epcot hybrid thirdgate idea) it'd be cool and it could benifit from all the new tech and effects that are out now

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    I wouldn't mind getting an upgraded version of Maelstrom in our third gate which could have a theme similar to Disneysea (as part of my Disneysea/epcot hybrid thirdgate idea) it'd be cool and it could benifit from all the new tech and effects that are out now
    Maelstrom? Is that like Asgard?

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    Maelstrom? Is that like Asgard?
    wha? I don't get what you mean

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/guide...pws-norway.htm

here's a link to Epcot's Norway area

as you can see Maelstrom is the vicking ride

• șoș Tom șoș

Ohhh yes, I know what it is. Te he he, I hear good things about this ride, a lot like Pirates but with some nifty special effects and reversals and such.

I wouldn't necessarily advocate a clone of this ride, but something similar.

Sorry about the confussion, Asgard is a Norse mythical place kinda like Olympus I suppose.

Ohhh yes, I know what it is. Te he he, I hear good things about this ride, a lot like Pirates but with some nifty special effects and reversals and such.

I wouldn't necessarily advocate a clone of this ride, but something similar.

Sorry about the confussion, Asgard is a Norse mythical place kinda like Olympus I suppose.
    sounds more like the squishy big headed alien dudes from star gate

and I dunno cloning this ride might do well like pirates

we could do what Paris did for their pirates ride, add in all new Animatronic technologies and make everything like version 2.0 keeping what works fixing the weak spots and adding new excitment

the concept of going backwords is great too

like I said I'd like to see this in our third gate

that would leave Maelstrom as our Pirates and then we could get Sinbad as the Small World equivilant

• șoș Tom șoș

Ha ha you mentioned Star Gate- thats rad... I wonder since MGM owns the rights to Stargate if they have anything related to it at MGM Studios. I wouldn't really ever want a Stargate ride, but I think it would pretty sweet to see the props and such.

Besides the Asgard from that show, got the name from the mythology of the Greeks hence the main squishy headed grey alien is named Thor.

Rock on with the Maelstorm

Ha ha you mentioned Star Gate- thats rad... I wonder since MGM owns the rights to Stargate if they have anything related to it at MGM Studios. I wouldn't really ever want a Stargate ride, but I think it would pretty sweet to see the props and such.

Besides the Asgard from that show, got the name from the mythology of the Greeks hence the main squishy headed grey alien is named Thor.

Rock on with the Maelstorm
    actualy a stargate ride wouldn't be half bad I used to imagine it using Indy like technology, of course that hope died when they built Dinosoar instead and it dies back even more knowing that they're probably going to lose the MGM name

and yeah I remeber some of the aliens and such were all taken from mythology didn't know about Norway though

• I Hug My Tapirs

I was really hoping for that for years, but then Six Flags opened up a Stargate motion simulator a year or so ago, so I suppose that's out the window. I would love to see Disney's take on a Stargate attraction, though! The theming that would be possible... a queue that walks you through the SGC...

Or if they wanted to build something off Atlantis - they could build a coaster that's like a puddle jumper ride, maybe with the Wraith attacking you (although the Wraith are very "dark" bad guys for a Disney attraction). Oh, the possibilities...

From the Greeks? Or do you mean the Greek translations of Norse names? Thor was a Norse god, and the Asgard had a ship named the Valhalla.
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by xfkirsten

From the Greeks? Or do you mean the Greek translations of Norse names? Thor was a Norse god, and the Asgard had a ship named the Valhalla.
    Yes I am so sorry I meant Norse, gee what a dummy.

Which Six Flags has a Stargate simulator?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast