Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Banned User

Re: After seeing all the cool new pictures from Buena Vista street....

Quote Originally Posted by Flickering Bulb View Post
    i'm waiting to see how much detail will go on the buildings. if they will age some of them, or how many areas are left blank. i prefer when the detail looks authentic rather than them thinking it's a smaller version, so let's leave out large chunks of detail like DCA's Palace of Fine Arts. there is so much more detail that could have gone into it when compared to the real one in SF, but they left areas blank, thinking just the squares with no real art work inside them was enough. i also don't want WDI to think "it's fine" when The Grove has just the same amount of detail as Disney's theme park facades. Silly Symphony Swings looks like it could have been done by the Caruso Affiliated. some area look a little shopping mall-ish to me, but it's not complete. so chances are the final results will give it that Disney vibe, and not Americana in Glendale.
    Ok, fair enough!

To be honest though, I'm not afraid of those concerns for some reason. I guess mainly because I really liked what they did with PP generally! I LOVE TSM, TLM, SSS, Paradise Park and Paradise Gardens. I'm talking the buildings and design. All of these are really strong to me. I know some people think TLM and Paradise Gardens building came out a bit more bland and/or too refined! Personnally, I know very little about this stuff, I can only tell what my eye likes and they like it, all of it. I remember PP circa 2001 and me and my eyes were NOT happy. Neither of them! I can't come up with the words to best express what I thought, so lets use what my brother said when he first got off the Pooh ride, "a piece of crap!"

I wanted to take a wrecking ball to PP the first few years and now its one of my favorite lands (although they obviously had to take a wrecking ball to some of it to get it to where it is now!). The whole area is just really inviting to me now!

I have a feeling just based on what I see I truly will love BVS, but we'll see! Eitherway, looaaads better than what was there. Its like nitpicking a lower end Mercedes over a Gremlin lol. Even with a color I wouldnt like and ugly interior I will still no doubt pick the Mercedes every time over something I dont even want sit in!

• keh!

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    Ok, fair enough!

To be honest though, I'm not afraid of those concerns for some reason. I guess mainly because I really liked what they did with PP generally! I LOVE TSM, TLM, SSS, Paradise Park and Paradise Gardens. I'm talking the buildings and design. All of these are really strong to me. I know some people think TLM and Paradise Gardens building came out a bit more bland and/or too refined! Personnally, I know very little about this stuff, I can only tell what my eye likes and they like it, all of it. I remember PP circa 2001 and me and my eyes were NOT happy. Neither of them! I can't come up with the words to best express what I thought, so lets use what my brother said when he first got off the Pooh ride, "a piece of crap!"
    Out of those you mentioned, i actually really like TSM's building BUT it would have been nice if they aged the building. an Imagineer told me that there wasn't a budget for aging the TSM building but they MAY do it in the future... the only thing they were able to paint so that it looks aged were those 2 covered structures where you can view Screamin' take off. you know, the ones w/ the Donald Duck silhouettes on top?

as for TLM, it's a nice building but when they were finished i actually thought, "That's it? they're not doing more to it?" yeah, it's a bit bland.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by s8ntmark View Post
    Does anyone STILL miss Sunshine Plaza?
    Sunshineplaza?? what's that?? Is that what they are calling the Garden Walknow??

I kid!Anyhow no I don't miss it anymore.. in fact I havn't seen any photosof BV St. can somoene point me in the directions of that thread? Orblog?

• -

Quote Originally Posted by brenden View Post
    I miss the murals. I wish they had found a way to preserve those.
    I miss those, too. It would have been great to incorporate those somehow, maybe as a covering for the internal walls on one of the shops, or inside the Carthay.

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Panda View Post
    +1. Associating "I Love LA" with watching the Dodgers win, I frequently shed tears of joy upon hearing that particular tune.
    I forgot they played that song on the loop. Now I’m even more depressed about the loop being gone. I’m sure the new stuff they are going to play will be nice, but the music loop was perfect for entering a park based on California. It was one of the few things they got right with the Sunshine Plaza.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

There are a couple of things from Sunshine Plaza that I will sincerely miss, like the Wave Fountain under the Sun Icon.

For the most part, though, Sunshine Plaza was a blank expanse that almost seemed like it was built as an afterthought. The generic theming of the plaza was a great backdrop for parades, like Block Party Bash, though. You could pretty much throw any parade in there and it would totally fit. I am also going to miss the shorter parade route. In my opinion, the new parade route is way too long and is going to cause some huge flow issues in Hollywood Land.

Buena Vista Street will be a nice change. I can't wait for the finished product. June 15th is coming up fast.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Flickering Bulb View Post
    Out of those you mentioned, i actually really like TSM's building BUT it would have been nice if they aged the building. an Imagineer told me that there wasn't a budget for aging the TSM building but they MAY do it in the future... the only thing they were able to paint so that it looks aged were those 2 covered structures where you can view Screamin' take off. you know, the ones w/ the Donald Duck silhouettes on top?

as for TLM, it's a nice building but when they were finished i actually thought, "That's it? they're not doing more to it?" yeah, it's a bit bland.
    Interesting about TSM! Didnt know that! I still like it, but I would like to see it aged as well!

TLM building is really nice to me, but that said, I do wish it retained the original look of the concept art when the building was a more tannish color to match the Palance of Fine Arts dome. I wasnt a HUGE fan when the building was finish, but I did like it and it has grown on me more now. Even if BVS doesnt wow me, I still have a feeling I will ultimately love it in time. Based on all the concept art and actual pictures, its going in the right direction for me!

And I'm really excited to see the interiors too! So far, I think they only released two shops with concept art, but both look very good!

In the old abandoned old abandoned amusement park.

As much as I'm looking forward to the new DCA, a little bit of me dies inside seeing my childhood being stripped away.

• formerly very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Mel- View Post
    I don't know....I liked it. I liked that it was different than all the other parks. I loved the music. I loved the murals. I loved the big California. Now we have an entrance copied from Disney-MGM Studios in Orlando and BVS is just another "go back in time" theme like Disneyland/MK parks and the Studio park in Florida. *shrug* At least Sunshine Plaza and the old entrance had it's own distinct personality and it's not just a rehash of all the other existing park themes.
    I have to admit that I share much of this view. Maybe it was due to cost cutting, but I liked that the original kinda did its own thing, and not just a different version of Main Street.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123