• Minion

Recycled Tiki's?

I was at Disneyland Sunday and I noticed a few things I did not see from earlier trips. Please note that the last trip too Disneyland was about 2 years ago. But I was riding with a good friend that goes at least once a month and she thought they were new also!

In Pirates of the Carabean, I noticed 2! new birds other then the one stuck in the Q.

First one is a seagull purched on top of a skelitons head after the first or 2nd drop into the dead cavern on your right. Just before the shipwreck and Captins quarters. The seagull moves his head and squacks a bit.

Later on, in the burning village section before entering the jail, there is a drunken pirate over you on a bridge holding a berral of run and pretending to fall. To his left now stands a perrat that has a few lines and LOOKS EXACTLY like Diago, one of the host's of the Tiki room.

Are these new?

• /sigh

I believe those two birds have been there for quite a while. But not sure how long. Can anyone verify that?
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• Tour Ready

Both birds have been there since opening in 1967. They can be seen in the grand opening TV special "Disneyland - From Pirates of the Carribean to the World of Tomorrow." Also there is no Bird in the Tiki Room named Diago. The 4 host birds are Jose, Michael, Pierre and Fritz.

• șoș Tom șoș

I agree I have seen those birds there everytime- consider perhaps that you don't ride on the right side of the boats as often so things that might other wise have not been right there, suddenly popped out...Just a thought.

Also I don't think I have ever ever ever ridden that ride when some animatronic pirate or creature was missing for repairs so maybe you've come every time they were down for Birds repair, te he he

• /sigh

I have to say, I absolutely love the parrot at the end of the ride wearing the pirate hat. I just wish he had a patch on his eye to compliment!
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• Banned User

They have always been there.

• Minion

K. Thanks. I guess I just dont remeber them. Im also bad with names

• Hooterville, USA

The croc at the beginning of the ride is gone. But the birds have been forever.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.