Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• :)

Socal AP opinion

I got everyone in my family a Socal Anual Passport, they all seem so happy but After looking @ the blockout dates (again) there are so many blackout dates! do you all think that it was worth my buck? either way, still love it :]

• no flash photography...

Re: Socal AP opinion

yes...the block out dates are when they expect it to be crowded...they are still worth it.....mt first pass was a so cal AP>>...I ahve a premium now, but rarely go when it's crowded anyway.

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

Each year at Xmas I give my sister's three kids AP's/renewals as stocking stuffers (as I am primarily the one that always takes them to the parks anyway). I have been giving them the Deluxe's every year since I started (four or five years ago), but this year I decided to "downgrade" them to SoCal's... for one reason as they get older we didn't go as much over the past year as in the past. Usually, it is decided upon in advance what days we all go (as opposed to spontaneously), and we have to carefully take into consideration all of their increasingly busy schedules (lessons, b'day parties, bar mitzvahs, sleep overs, etc.). It occured to me looking at the calendar that we rarely go on Saturdays anyway (the primary difference between SoCal and Deluxe is you lose all Saturdays and a big chunk of summer). We can easily plan our trips for Sundays or days off from school (they go to a private school that seems to have frequent "pupil free" days for parent conferences).

Then I looked at the savings for the cost of three AP's, and the difference was fairly significant, $80 for each one!

The other thing is, by getting them brand new "vouchers" instead of renewing, they can use them for the first time on ANY day to redeem for their new AP's (and they desperately needed new pictures too!). For instance last year I took them to New Year's Eve at DLR, and even with their renewed Deluxe's I had to shell out $90 for three "block out" tix! Ouch. So this year, I plan to take them with their new (cheaper) passes and I don't have to buy the extra tix!

Overall, it was one of the smartest moves I made in all of my Xmas shopping! And the funny thing is, they didn't even notice... they just saw "Annual Pass" and were delighted.

Just my personal story, I hope it helps anyone interested.
    --Jonathan

Hold up here...i'm a bit confused, heres whats up - I have bought my family members the SOCAL anual passport, so can they go any day they like (including the blockout dates) to get it activated? than once activated they must apply to the blockout date guildlines?

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

First day is exempt from the blockout dates... every day after is under the blockout date policy and it is $30 to unlock your pass on that day (does not include parking, even if you have parking added to your pass).
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Pardon a bit of ignorance here...but are these passes in question the same ones I saw being sold at my local supermarket (VONS) for about 120 bucks? Not the park-hopper tix...these were definitely APs of some sort.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

VONS currently has two types of AP's Ticket Gift Cards.

The SoCal Select AP at $119, which has more blackout days than the regular SoCal, including every Saturday and Sunday, over half the year is blocked out.

The regular SoCal AP's are $149.

There are four different types of AP's, Premium, Deluxe, SoCal and SoCal Select.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Toast
    (does not include parking, even if you have parking added to your pass).
    I was under the impression that if you had a Premium AP or Parking included in your pass that you could get a refund on your cash parking payment at Guest Realtions on your first visit. Is this not true?

--Jonathan

you do get your parking refunded that would suck if you couldnt...

ok, heres the passport(s) I bought my family: it does'nt say select anywhere on the back or front, the only place is says that is on the card where it says
    "Over 200 Pre-selected Weekday & Sunday Admissions"

heres the picture I took of one of the AP's, anyone can freely use this picture if they would like:

So they can pretty much show up new-years day with these asking to get em activated, go in the park, have fun, etc...right?

and If they do this...Can they hop parks or when they show up @ DCA or will they scan the cards at DCA and it show them on blockout date..thank you :]

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by DOOM BGI
    I was under the impression that if you had a Premium AP or Parking included in your pass that you could get a refund on your cash parking payment at Guest Realtions on your first visit. Is this not true?

Uhh... yah, I was talking about blockout tickets. Even if you normally would have parking, buying a blockout ticket does not include parking for that day.

Now on your first day, if you bought your AP in advance (like through a Disney Desk or a local Disney Store), they can't include parking when they activate the card... so you pay for parking normally and then take your parking ticket to the Bank with you and they just charge you $10 less to add parking onto your pass ($39 instead of $49).
    Burnt Toast

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by mulishaCM
    So they can pretty much show up new-years day with these asking to get em activated, go in the park, have fun, etc...right?

and If they do this...Can they hop parks or when they show up @ DCA or will they scan the cards at DCA and it show them on blockout date..thank you :]
    Yah, you will be able to use those passes for the first time on any day, even on a blockout day. After that though you are under the blockout date schedule or you pay the $30 to unlock your pass that day (a blockout ticket).

You should be able to park hop like normal on your first day.
    Burnt Toast

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Toast
    Yah, you will be able to use those passes for the first time on any day, even on a blockout day. After that though you are under the blockout date schedule or you pay the $30 to unlock your pass that day (a blockout ticket).

You should be able to park hop like normal on your first day.
    Thanks!

ahh how i love micechat, I ask for an opinion on a gift and I learn somethin new which helps alot :] thanks to everyone who helped

• Banned User

hey, are these passes cheaper then a five day pass? can and should I get one for my trip april 1st thru the 7th? and if so how do I god about gettign one?

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

I even have a SoCal pass. Bought it on July 17th to use on the B-Day, and have used it about 14 times since.

(I'm one of those people that Kevin Yee complains about).
    -Monorail Man

• Banned User

so how do I get one?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast