Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Mischievous Mouse

Re: September 2012: Halloween transition

This site shows HM opening on Friday the 21st, but THIS SITE says Sept. 16 thru Oct. 31.

So which is correct?

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^the second one is not the official site...so I'd trust the official site

• Halloween 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer's Apprentice View Post
    This site shows HM opening on Friday the 21st, but THIS SITE says Sept. 16 thru Oct. 31.

So which is correct?
    Actually, neither of those is the official Disneyland site. HalloweenTime at the Disneyland Resort officially runs Sept 14-Oct 31, with Haunted Mansion Holiday and Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy operational throughout. Halloween Time | Special Events | Disneyland Park

Haunted Mansion Holiday continues past October 31 through early January, probably closing January 6th to begin the removal of the overlay.

• A Cheerful Chick-A-Dee!

Holloween at DLR is amazing! It's cool to be there during any holiday season, but it really is spectacular. Hope you guys have a great time!

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey2005 View Post
    Super excited to see this thread. We will be there September 10-17!! Halloween at Disneyland has become our favorite
    My family and I are going in October and though I have been to DL and DCA several times we have never been there during Halloween. I am really excited to experience the parks during this time of year. Just worried about IASM being down for the holiday overlay. I can not remember for the life of me when it usually goes down. Oh well, just happy to be going.

So there is a special Halloween fireworks show at the special event, but do they still have a Halloween themed fireworks display for regular day park guests as well?

---------- Post added 07-14-2012 at 07:26 PM ----------

Also, is the only Halloween parade the one at the Halloween party event? Do they have a separate one offered earlier for regular guests?
    * *The dreams that you wish will come true* *

• Mischievous Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by dougeebear View Post
    Actually, neither of those is the official Disneyland site. HalloweenTime at the Disneyland Resort officially runs Sept 14-Oct 31, with Haunted Mansion Holiday and Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy operational throughout. Halloween Time | Special Events | Disneyland Park

Haunted Mansion Holiday continues past October 31 through early January, probably closing January 6th to begin the removal of the overlay.

The second site actually "looks" quite official - Contact Us | Disneyland News it's the first one that is actually WDW, rather than Disneyland proper. ???

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• some assembly required

Quote Originally Posted by StarDustFairy View Post
    So there is a special Halloween fireworks show at the special event, but do they still have a Halloween themed fireworks display for regular day park guests as well?
    No. As of recently, the f'works are only for the event guests on all event days. Unless something has changed from last year. If that is the case, someone plz chime in if you have the changed info! Thx.
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

Darn I'm missing it by ONE day!!!!!! so sad

• Halloween 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer's Apprentice View Post
    The second site actually "looks" quite official - Contact Us | Disneyland News it's the first one that is actually WDW, rather than Disneyland proper. ???
    I stand corrected. I am so used to Disney sites having "disney.go.com" in the URL that I overlooked this Disneylandnews site as a PR/Marketing tool for the resort. It is an official site. Unfortunately, it gives Sept 16th as the date, which is incorrect. Disney doesn't start events on a Monday, always Fridays.

There is no special Halloween fireworks for non-Party nights. They switch back to Remember Dreams Come True.

Also, is the only Halloween parade the one at the Halloween party event? Do they have a separate one offered earlier for regular guests?
    The Costume Cavalcade is run twice nightly during Party events. During other days/nights, they run SoundSational.

• Mischievous Mouse

I stand corrected. I am so used to Disney sites having "disney.go.com" in the URL that I overlooked this Disneylandnews site as a PR/Marketing tool for the resort. It is an official site. Unfortunately, it gives Sept 16th as the date, which is incorrect. Disney doesn't start events on a Monday, always Fridays.
    I thought that was weird too.

There is no special Halloween fireworks for non-Party nights. They switch back to Remember Dreams Come True.

I LOVE RDCT, so I can look fwd to this during the Halloween. I read the FW was "Halloween screams" during Halloween. or just Magic Disney Nightime FW Spectacular.

-Walt Disney

• A Suitcase & A Dream

I hope the party moves back to DCA soon, I don't know why but just don't enjoy it as much at Disneyland.

Will Space Mountain (Ghost Galaxy) be open on 9/12 and 9/13? Our trip is from 9/12 to 9/14 so I believe that our last day there 9/14 will allow us to see HMH.
    To "Hell" and back

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12