Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Mischievous Mouse

September 2012: Halloween transition

Dates:

September 14 through October 31, 2012

Halloween Time | Special Events | Disneyland Park

We will be there from the Sept. 15th to the 23rd - this will be our first Halloween @ DLR!!!!

We first saw Christmas there in 2010. All our previous visits have been regular park decor.

This is a HUGE BONUS!! I was already just thrilled that we could all be there (my "whole" family), I thought 2010 was the last for all of us. I was also concerned that we would arrive "during" the transtion rather than after.

This will be our biggest, best Disneylan vacation to date.

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• One More Day

Re: September 2012: Halloween transition

Haha that is the exact time we will be there

• Mischievous Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by yoda1138777 View Post
    Haha that is the exact time we will be there
    right on!!

yeah, I never would have expected the Halloween stuff up so quick after Labor day! This is so exciting!!!

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• Halloween 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer's Apprentice View Post
    yeah, I never would have expected the Halloween stuff up so quick after Labor day! This is so exciting!!!
    The last few years HalloweenTime at the Disneyland Resort has started mid-September, mainly due to the draw of Haunted Mansion Holiday (which uses Fast Pass while the rest of the year the Mansion runs without Fast Pass) and Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy.

What is uncertain this year is whether the separately-ticketed Mickey's Trick-Or-Treat Party will be held at Disneyland (as it has the last two years) or at California Adventure (as it had been previously).

• One More Day

Gotta be at Disneyland since the castle is part of the main fireworks display last time i went, (fingers crossed).

A friend of mine said that they start around the 14th the halloween decor and may still be finishing when we get there the 15th.

You know you are all gonna make me break out my Halloween movies....

Quote Originally Posted by dougeebear View Post
    The last few years HalloweenTime at the Disneyland Resort has started mid-September, mainly due to the draw of Haunted Mansion Holiday (which uses Fast Pass while the rest of the year the Mansion runs without Fast Pass) and Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy. .
    My only complaint about Halloween Time, is the Haunted Mansion overlay. It should go up the week after Halloween. The overlay is Christmas, the Haunted Mansion screams Halloween, and the overlay is nowhere near as good as the original. Its nice to see once a year, but if you visit between September and January its the holiday version, its overkill. I liked it the 1st time I went on it, but after one view, is boring. I do like the music and the decor of the outside of the mansion, its just around too long. They should put an overlay on some other things and leave Haunted Mansion alone until November.

---------- Post added 05-02-2012 at 03:29 PM ----------

Wonder if the inside updates to Matterhorn will allow Halloween overlay?

We are going in October and plan to attend the Halloween party one night. Does anyone have any information to add about things to do/see at this time of year that us newbies should know?

In the old abandoned old abandoned amusement park.

A Matterhorn overlay would be AWESOME! Have fun on your trip, Apprentice.

• MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by Myahlove1 View Post
    We are going in October and plan to attend the Halloween party one night. Does anyone have any information to add about things to do/see at this time of year that us newbies should know?
    Ride Space Mountain as the halloween version: Ghost Galaxy, is awesome!
    Favorite Ride: Indiana Jones Adventure

Sign the Petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/goo...-original-form

• i believe in faeries.

we're going in september, too... 12-17th. i was worried about the haunted mansion being closed for the holiday overlay, but if it's open on the 14, that will be perfect!! the haunted mansion is what my daughter is the most excited about, i really hope she can experience it.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Nice...love Ghost Galaxy and HMH.......my bet is that Mickey's party will be at Disneyland at least 2 more years....then switch back since by then the Fireworks will be like 5 years old and it would be cheaper it at DCA...and have a WOC show for Halloween

Super excited to see this thread. We will be there September 10-17!! Halloween at Disneyland has become our favorite

Quote Originally Posted by brian11811 View Post
    My only complaint about Halloween Time, is the Haunted Mansion overlay. It should go up the week after Halloween. The overlay is Christmas, the Haunted Mansion screams Halloween, and the overlay is nowhere near as good as the original. Its nice to see once a year, but if you visit between September and January its the holiday version, its overkill. I liked it the 1st time I went on it, but after one view, is boring. I do like the music and the decor of the outside of the mansion, its just around too long. They should put an overlay on some other things and leave Haunted Mansion alone until November.
    Couldn't agree with you more.
    Greg

• Minion

I WIll be thir any time i wonna go to the park ill gota get ride down and my frinds is comeing in sept so get to meet up him
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattșoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast