Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   

Mickey Halloween Party Disneyland Park 2012

Will Disneyland still have the Mickey Halloween Party this year at Disneyland Park?

Re: Mickey Halloween Party Disneyland Park 2012

It's still unknown at this point... but as the last two years have been a HUGE success I don't really see that changing!

•   
    • Minion

Although it might be cool if they moved it over to DCA since it will be finished. I will go either way of course I love the Halloween parties.

• Minion

We should know soon. Tickets went on sale in May last year. This is the first year we will be going. Looking forward to it regardless of which park. There's pros and cons to both parks, so it really doesn't matter to me.

Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort dates are from September 14 through October 31, 2012. Mickey's Halloween Party is still included in event's description.
    Source: Halloween Time | Special Events | Disneyland Park

• Halloween 2011

Quote Originally Posted by JPWDW View Post
    Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort dates are from September 14 through October 31, 2012. Mickey's Halloween Party is still included in event's description.
    Source: Halloween Time | Special Events | Disneyland Park
    Read that page carefully. It touts Halloween events at the Disneyland Resortwhich includes both parks, all hotels, and Downtown Disney. In the right hand margin of the page it clearly states the location as Disneyland Park and California Adventure Park.

The location of Mickey's Halloween Parties for 2012 has not yet been revealed.

• Queen Elsa

It need to go back to DCA so that it can free up Disneyland's place for people that don't go to the Halloween events can stay longer at Disneyland side when the party goes on the nights the party is going.

•   

I think they are not doing the halloween party this year. Maybe they are going to do the Mickey Christmas Party at Disneyland Party like the one in WDW.

One of the reasons they started the private Halloween Parties at DL were the insane crowds that clogged the freeway and made the experience not so fun according to reports on-line, but with DCA getting a new lease on life maybe they feel that they can reintroduce a free event in 2013 that is featured in both parks and handle the crowds? I could see this being true especially if they create a unique Halloween show with the WoC fountains.

Wasn't it reported that the designer of "Sleepy Hollow Mountain" and "Dia de los Muertos" at Knotts Scary Farms had been hired to work on projects for Disneyland? Imagine a family friendly 'huant' in the Redwood Creak Challenge Trail area?

• Halloween 2011

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicBear View Post
    One of the reasons they started the private Halloween Parties at DL were the insane crowds that clogged the freeway and made the experience not so fun according to reports on-line, but with DCA getting a new lease on life maybe they feel that they can reintroduce a free event in 2013 that is featured in both parks and handle the crowds? I could see this being true especially if they create a unique Halloween show with the WoC fountains.
    From what I can recall (and find online) the Halloween party has been a separately ticketed event since its creation in 2005. Originally called Mickey's Halloween Treat, it was held at California Adventure 2005-2007, changed its name to Mickey's Trick-or-Treat Party in 2008-2009 while still being held at California Adventure, moved across the esplanade to Disneyland in 2010-2011 due to construction at California Adventure. Disneyland debuted the HallowScreams fireworks in 2009 for free, then held them only on separately ticketed Party nights in 2010 and 2011.

Knowing Disney, they are unlikely to give up something that generates revenue like the Party, so I highly doubt it would become a free event no matter which park it is held at. There may be free showings of either HallowScreams at Disneyland or a Halloween themed WoC show at California Adventure, but I'm sure Disney is trying to figure out a way to get guests to pay for the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicBear View Post
    Wasn't it reported that the designer of "Sleepy Hollow Mountain" and "Dia de los Muertos" at Knotts Scary Farms had been hired to work on projects for Disneyland? Imagine a family friendly 'huant' in the Redwood Creak Challenge Trail area?
    It was reported that he was hired by Disney, but not what his projects are. Most likely, another Imagineer rather than a haunt-specific project.

I am conflicted about which park I'd like to see the Halloween party. We are visiting in October for a week and I don't like the idea of Disneyland closing early more than once while we're there. Hopefully we find out soon.

• Fun times

Just saw this on the Disneyland page, looks like there will be a paid event. I wish I new when tickets were going on sale, we will be there in early October.

Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort

Halloween Time is the most be-witching time of the year at Disneyland Resort.
    See favorite Disney Characters dressed in their spooky best with fun and
    surprises around every corner.

• Step into Haunted Mansion Holiday
      brought to you by Jack Skellington.
    • Drop in for ghostly encounters on The Twilight
      Zone Tower of Terror.
    • Witness the terrifying transformation as Space Mountain becomes Ghost Galaxy.
    • Trick-or-treat at Mickey's Halloween Party on select nights. Separate
      admission required.

Quote Originally Posted by brem View Post
    Just saw this on the Disneyland page, looks like there will be a paid event. I wish I new when tickets were going on sale, we will be there in early October.

Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort

Halloween Time is the most be-witching time of the year at Disneyland Resort.
    See favorite Disney Characters dressed in their spooky best with fun and
    surprises around every corner.

• Step into Haunted Mansion Holiday
      brought to you by Jack Skellington.
    • Drop in for ghostly encounters on The Twilight
      Zone Tower of Terror.
    • Witness the terrifying transformation as Space Mountain becomes Ghost Galaxy.
    • Trick-or-treat at Mickey's Halloween Party on select nights. Separate
      admission required.
    That still doesn't specify which park. Maybe they'll do something different this year and do some parties at DCA and some at Disneyland.

•   

Where is the halloween party going to be at this year at DL or DCA.

• LOL

"Maybe they'll do something different this year and do some parties at DCA and some at Disneyland."

I have been wondering about this myself. DCA is finished in less than a month. They could easily do 2 parties a week in each park on different nights and really increase the revenue from hard ticket events.

It may be interesting to have the option of trick or treating at the park of your choice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast