Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

New Years Eve at Disneyland ... Questions?

Happy Day After Christmas, First Day of Hanukkah and Kwanzaa.

Have a few questions about possibly going to DL for NYE this year. We have always wanted to and this year we may actually have the chance to do so.

My questions:

Can you get Black out Day tickets on NYE???

What is the ABSOLUTE latest you can enter DL without being locked out?

Any other MiceChatters going to be there? Would be cool to meet up.

Thanks.

Re: New Years Eve at Disneyland ... Questions?

Yes, you can still purchase Block out tickets for that day.

You can go into the Park whenever you want. Nobody can predict when's the latest to go in. Though, I can guarantee you Disneyland will be closed to capacity, but no one can tell you when. Though I wouldn't advise you going later. I love California Adventure, but I wouldn't even go there that day, except for maybe the first 2 hours of the park's opening.

• Circle of Ancients

I'm going and I'm looking forward to it with both excitement and trepidation since I love DL and DCA, but hate big crowds! If it gets too intense, I'm leaving and going back to the hotel.

Speaking of hotels, do DLR hotel guest have guaranteed entry /re-entry to the parks if they're full?

(Sirclinksalot...Hope you don't mind me adding that question on to your questions )

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

I will add a question too:

Do they do a special fireworks show at 12:00???

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Adventures with Duffy

Smile Re: New Years Eve at Disneyland ... Questions?

I have been going on NYE for the past 15 years or so. The lastest I would enter DL is about 4:00-5:00 pm. In the past thats when they have closed the gates.

Also there is Fire works at DL at midnight and I have heard, but not sure they may have fire works at DCA at midnight also. They have done it in the past, but stoped.

Have a wonderful holiday and Happy New Year.

• The Candidate

Do they do anything else that is special?

• Circle of Ancients

When I looked at the calendar I saw that DL is open till 2 am and it looks like they are doing three Fantasmic shows, but I may be mistaken! My family and I will probably be at the Club Buzz dance floor for a good part of the evening and my son will probably be playing DDR all night!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Buttercup
    When I looked at the calendar I saw that DL is open till 2 am and it looks like they are doing three Fantasmic shows, but I may be mistaken! My family and I will probably be at the Club Buzz dance floor for a good part of the evening and my son will probably be playing DDR all night!
    ohhhhh I wish it was me going to

• Adventures with Duffy

Talking Re: New Years Eve at Disneyland ... Questions?

I'm not sure if you'll think its special but on NYE they hand out hats and noise makers to everyone. There are different spots in each park where you can get them. Its kind of fun.

There also DJs and sometimes bands in different spots. I am not sure what they are planning this year. And of course there is the count down, which I think they start at 9:00 pm or at least they have in the past.

And just so everyone knows, the Blue Byu(sp?) has a dinner menu all day, but will have the Monte Cristos if you ask for them. No on the menu for what ever reason in the past.

I have been hanging out at DCA at night these past few years, but when I was at DL, you sort of need to find a place where you want to be early, like 6:00 to 8:00 pm. Because its been hard to move around in the past. Just to many people. But its still fun to people watch.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Anders, Jr Miss Sunnygirl and I will be there! NYE at DL is always so magical and fun. I can hardly wait.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• done

I had checked Disney's website, and for DCA, it does list midnight fireworks, but it's unclear if they have separate fireworks or if it's the same fireworks that are being shot off at Disneyland. Maybe they'll pipe in the same music to DCA for those fireworks.

We haven't done it in 7 years, but we're actually doing DL for New Year's Eve this year. We're figuring on getting there early and staying all day. We got hotel reservations nearby for Friday and Saturday night for decent rates too.

Hope it doesn't rain too much, and maybe only in the daytime...

• Circle of Ancients

Maybe a little bit of rain in the afternoon will keep some people away. That'd be nice!!!

Were still debating if were going to stay at DL or hang out at DCA. Sure it'd be nice to be at Disneyland at midnight but DCA will probably be less crowded and you can get booze there.

AAAGGGGHHH ... decisions, decisions, decisions.

Blog Entries

I will be there on NYE as well. We went last year for the first time and had a wodnerful night. We arrived around 7 and were lucky that it had rained that day therefore it was not too crowded. We spent the earlier part of the evening in DCA dancing and listening to the Fab Four and then headed to DL around 10 to get a spot by the castle. We had a great time standing there hitting the giant balls around. Note this: Once you have your spot and it gets later you will not be able to move! Everyone is standing and packed like sardines, my legs were killing me after!!!!

We are arriving around the same time this year. I think we will be able to get into DL at some point, but if we have to ring in the New Year at DCa, that is fine.

I just checked the forecast and it looks like rain again, hopefully that will help with crowds!

Princess Buttercup - Shelley and I will keep our eyes out for you!

• A Pirate's life for me!

I hope that you all have a GREAT time! (I know you will...)

they also usually shut down tram service to Mickey and Friends after 10 or 11pm and then you have to walk the tram route to get back to the structure.

It'll get really crowded after about 8pm. I think they hand out the noise makers and hats around 10.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast