Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Any word on that rumored extended Indy refurb?

Hey everybody,

I remember hearing a few months back that DLR was planning on putting Indiana Jones under for a Matterhorn-esque refurbishment some time in the late summer. Now I hear there was actually a brief closure, for a couple of days, earlier this week and it's back open again. That's about the last thing I heard regarding Indy getting a refurbishment.

We're planning a pretty big trip for mid-September and it would be quite a bummer if it weren't open, as it's easily one of our favorite rides.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Re: Any word on that rumored extended Indy refurb?

I didn't know there was a rumor for a few months of Indy down (refurb).
    I know it's on the "fans" wish list.
    Last edited by DLFreak71; 05-05-2012 at 10:32 PM.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Minion

It seriously, seriously needs it. It breaks down so often it's practically on life support.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by ShelbyH View Post
    It seriously, seriously needs it. It breaks down so often it's practically on life support.
    I agree
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• A Beautiful Tomorrow!

From Al

A Sense of Place - MiceAge.com

And with a planned two month rehab for Indiana Jones this fall, plus the usual Holiday overlay rehabs and crazy crowds expected through all of 2012, that Alice In Wonderland rehab just keeps getting bounced all over the calendar.
    "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." Walt Disney

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by ShelbyH View Post
    While I don't agree that it's on life support, with over 17 years of technology advancement you would think that Disney could improve the mechanics and computer systems in the attraction. It is also time for a major update in the special effects category; I think they could do so much more to make this attraction shine.

• 'Til DEATH do us part...

Az, or not as close to Disneyland as I'd like to be :(

As mush as I understand it needs it, and believe me it does, I really hope it's from the end of August to the end of October (if it is 2 months). We are going for our honeymoon the beginning of November and its one of our favorite rides. We already had this issue when we went last October and POTC was closed. While we did have fun, it just wasn't a trip to Disneyland without riding POTC. If they are going to do it, when would they post it? If it is down when we planned to go, I just might have to plan another time.
    "We find it delightfully unlivable here in this ghostly retreat. Every room has wall-to-wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills. Shhh, listen!"
    -your host, your ghost host

Trips: 1992 1998 1999x2 2000 2007 2009 2011 2012 2014

Next Trip:
    ???

On Friday, October 14th, 2011, my boyfriend of 5 years proposed to me under the tunnel, right before the Court of Angels
    in Disneyland! Read my trip report about it here:http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/160167-dlr-mickeys-halloween-party-first-trip-report.html

Here is our honeymoon trip report from December 10th to the 15th 2012:http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...10th-15th.html

• Mischievous Mouse

While I agree IJA need a major modernization. I hope they wait until after September to begin

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

I hope it's finished by the end of October. I also heard that BTMR will be closed this fall. I REALLY hope they're not both closed while we're there. It would be a major bummer for us, but especially for the large group of first timers we're bringing.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

If Al's right about only 2 months...that not even close to what it needs to be updated......I say close it next January for 6 months...and update the ride for summer 2013, and then you bring back the electrical parade and a New show a the Fantasyland Theater and you will draw people into the resort next summer

• Minion

A good refurb would be lovely. It's such a great ride, it could use some TLC.

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    If Al's right about only 2 months...that not even close to what it needs to be updated......I say close it next January for 6 months...and update the ride for summer 2013, and then you bring back the electrical parade and a New show a the Fantasyland Theater and you will draw people into the resort next summer
    I really like this idea. And then they can still update BTMR this fall.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    ......I say close it next January for 6 months...
    I agree with a January start date.
    Oct-Dec (and New years) are big numbers (crowd) for Disney (Mid Nov-Jan 1 being the highest).
    Is Sept 1 - Nov 1 really enough time for Disney. Plus Mansion is down, then small world.
    Quote by Al:
    -Al Lutz

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    I agree with a January start date.
    Oct-Dec (and New years) are big numbers (crowd) for Disney (Mid Nov-Jan 1 being the highest).
    Is Sept 1 - Nov 1 really enough time for Disney. Plus Mansion is down, then small world.
    I hope during the refurb, they add this:

[img]http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/...xpedition1.jpg
    [/img]

[IMG]http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/...xpedition1.jpg
    [/IMG]

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Myahlove1 View Post
    I really like this idea. And then they can still update BTMR this fall.
    We will have to see but depending on how much they want to upgrade Big Thunder they might need 6 months for that too....meaning a BIG update wont be possible for until January 2014 since Indy needs a refurb more and they wont have two big rides down at the same time for 6 months

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast