Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Mischievous Mouse

Replacing BLAB with a WALL-E adventure.

It's never been close to an E ticket ride. It was really an opportunity to take advantage of the popularity of TS while offering a Space theme ride to Tomorrow Land. It's more that run it's course. It's barely "shall do ride" and more of "may do ride" for guests, rarely appealing to children over the age of 10, and known for it's very short wait times.

WALL-E, on the other hand has much more promise to offer more exiting technical appeal. With 3D, Imagineers could really offer a spectacular ride. Interactive and innovative.

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Re: Replacing BLAB with a WALL-E adventure.

Was it ever supposed to an E-ticket. So what does Wall-E have that has more appeal? Shoot at fat people?
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

•   
    • ALL DISNEY ALL THE TIME

Blog Entries

I'm at disney at least twice a week and there is always a line of people to ride this ride , it my be a short one but this ride is a high capacity one. while I agree walle would fit better I don't think everything needs to be 3d , taking out real dementional characters for a movie screen would upset me. I for one love astro blasters and toy story midway. I think making this one 3d is a horible idea

---------- Post added 05-06-2012 at 09:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
    Was it ever supposed to an E-ticket. So what does Wall-E have that has more appeal? Shoot at fat people?
    excelent point! and lol
    Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^toy Story Mania disagrees with you....as much as I dislike screens.....Toy Story does it SOOO much better then the buzz rides....I really don't care for Buzz because besides the whole not fitting theme, the tech on it is pretty old (soo ironic), its slow (and no I dont just mean the vehicles) and really did nothing new or that fun.

I would be up for a hybrid ride of half screens and half reprops (like Transformers) and it would be even cooler if they could try to teach you SOMETHING, if done right learning can be fun

• Minion

I don't think Toy Story Mania does it better, it's nice to have ACTUAL things to shoot at. I love Wall-E, and perhaps a dark ride somewhere could be fun, but I enjoy Buzz every time I go, and I usually ride it more than once.

•   
    • ALL DISNEY ALL THE TIME

Blog Entries

^^ lets do some simple math here tsmm 850 people per hour(roughly 10,000 guests a day) 45 min line blab 2500 people per hour (roughly 30,000 riders a day)10 min line , i think the numbers speak for themselves. both based on a 12 hour day even thoe dl is open longer
    Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come

Why cant they make a WALL-E attraction in the Innoventions room...I dont know have like a hanger type ride through an adventure in space and sets of WALL-E?

• Mischievous Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by Trav1Disney View Post
    I'm at disney at least twice a week and there is always a line of people to ride this ride , it my be a short one but this ride is a high capacity one. while I agree walle would fit better I don't think everything needs to be 3d , taking out real dementional characters for a movie screen would upset me. I for one love astro blasters and toy story midway. I think making this one 3d is a horible idea

---------- Post added 05-06-2012 at 09:47 AM ----------

excelent point! and lol

That was funny!

---------- Post added 05-06-2012 at 10:23 AM ----------

What I'm saying is, blab was done like 70's Disney animations. Need I say more.

Today the powers that be have raised the bar significantly. Technology offers some unique combinations of imagination and innovation. They could really create something, quite literally, out of this world.

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
    So what does Wall-E have that has more appeal?
    Kinda my question.
    I think Buzz has more kid appeal over Wall•E.
    Just my opinion.
    TSMM my arms kills before I'm done
    I don't feel that way with Buzz
    so most of the time I prefer Buzz.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trav1Disney View Post
    ^^ lets do some simple math here tsmm 850 people per hour(roughly 10,000 guests a day) 45 min line blab 2500 people per hour (roughly 30,000 riders a day)10 min line , i think the numbers speak for themselves. both based on a 12 hour day even thoe dl is open longer
    Buzz is a people eater like Pirates, Small World, HM and Mermaid...in no way does the fact that more people can go on them make them better rides.

Toy Story by far has a bigger fan base, heck even a video game was made because people wanted to play it at home. Its much more fast pasted, interment, rewarding and interactive then Buzz.

I'm a video gamer but for me....I have a lot of trouble knowing if my shots even hit since there are like 20 other people aiming at the same target as me...using the same color laser.

Also go to DCA on almost any given day and the line for Toy Story is over 40 mins in the first ten mins and 90 for almost the whole day.....yeah I would say it too poplar which keeps me from ride it more then I would like

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer's Apprentice View Post
    It's never been close to an E ticket ride.
    It was never supposed to be. It is a modern take on the classic dark ride like Snow White or Mr. Toad. It was just enhanced with lazer guns and video game scoring.

It was really an opportunity to take advantage of the popularity of TS while offering a Space theme ride to Tomorrow Land. It's more that run it's course.
    It opened in 2005. Seven years to me does not seem like running its course. Because of the scoring factor, the ride has definite repeatability. When it consistently sends out empty cars and no one is riding anymore, I will feel then that it has run its course.

It's barely "shall do ride" and more of "may do ride" for guests, rarely appealing to children over the age of 10, and known for it's very short wait times.
    I'm very competitive. Therefore, this is always a must do ride for me. Further, whether I am riding with my two children who are under 10, or with a group of adults, this ride has been found appealing by all.

In addition, the short wait times are due to the Omnimover system. It is the same reason that Haunted Mansion and the mermaid ride have short waits.

WALL-E, on the other hand has much more promise to offer more exiting technical appeal. With 3D, Imagineers could really offer a spectacular ride. Interactive and innovative.
    I'm with the group that is wondering why WALL-E has more promise than Buzz. I think it comes down to personal preference. You may be a WALL-E fan, I wasn't really that impressed. I'll chalk it up to a difference of opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    TSMM my arms kills before I'm done
    I don't feel that way with Buzz
    so most of the time I prefer Buzz.
    I agree. While I find Midway Mania fun, I can't really ride it more than once per trip because I feel like my arms are going to fall off.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Back on Topic...people are saying Wall-E is not as poplar as Buzz...but Cars is one of the lowest rated Disney movie (I know it make a lot off toys though) and the new land looks great.....heck Splash is based on a movie most people have never seen

I'm sure if done right Wall-E could be themed like an E-ticket but just be a shorter ride then most. Plus Wall-e would seem like a great time to put to use a interactive Q while keeping with theme

• Minion

I think walle has possiblities as an attraction but I feel it would be better served as a possible Captain Eo replacement then one for buzz! Personally I think buzz is a great attraction!
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Back on Topic...people are saying Wall-E is not as poplar as Buzz...but Cars is one of the lowest rated Disney movie (I know it make a lot off toys though) and the new land looks great.....heck Splash is based on a movie most people have never seen

I'm sure if done right Wall-E could be themed like an E-ticket but just be a shorter ride then most. Plus Wall-e would seem like a great time to put to use a interactive Q while keeping with theme
    Is there even merchandise for Wall•E.
    You see Toy Story Merchandise all over the place. I'm trying to even think if I've seen Wall•E Merchandise lately (at least at the Disney store).
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Banned User

Buzz gets a line, but that could just be cause it's all ages. I think Wall E is a superior film, especially in the Pixar canon, and definitely needs an attraction in Tomorrowland. Now does that attraction need to replace Buzz, I don't really care, but as one of the only Pixar films that fits a themed land, they should take advantage.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast