One Park Per day or Park Hopper

My family and I are going to visit the Disneyland resort later this month and plan on going to the parks for 2 days. I was wondering whether it is better to visit California Adventure, and DL both of the days, or is it better to focus on DL one day and California Adventure the next?

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Re: One Park Per day or Park Hopper

Personally
    I'd do the park hopper (in case one park is busier than another)
    It's a $15 difference
    If you stay for 3 days, Disney's website has a special offer of $199 (additional $26, plus a magic morning breakfast)

Tickets & Packages | Tickets & Reservations | Disneyland Resort
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• One More Day

For us it depends on what the majority wants to do, if you wanna cut a lot of the walking we do one park a day, sometimes going back and forth takes a little out of you. So unless you are trying to catch specific shows or trying to avoid certain crowds I think a park a day is good as long as the trip ends at Disneyland

•   
    • Minion

I always say park hopper. I hate being limited and the fact they are across a plaza from each other makes it very convenient. Nohting like hitting Space Mountain, Star Tours and ToT on the same day

• Minion

I also say park hopper. They're so close together, it's easy to just go back and forth. Is this your first time? While DCA does have a lot to do, so does DL, and being locked into DCA if there are things you missed at DL is kind of a bummer.

I say 1park per day is your best bet. Park hopping is preferred by most locals I know because they already have experienced everything and can just leave/come back whenever they want. If you haven't been to DLR in a long while, or ever, dedicating one day to a park will get you immersed in that park alone and be well worth it. Take your time and you'll get through the entire park just in one day. If a park is crowded, just bear the crowds. Purchase the park hopper ONLY if you are sure you will park hop. $15 is not much, but $15 is $15. You don't want to end up paying those extra $15 and not park hop at all. There is so much to do in each park. Do you really wanna park hop in the middle of the day?

Regardless of what your decision is, have fun!
    ~things are looking mighty satisfactual~

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

When we went to WDW last year (I know...whole nother world) we thought
    we didn't need park hoppers.
    We didn't do it. We regretted it.
    I get to Disneyland about once a year.
    Having the flexibility to go from one park to the next is nice.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Indiana Scott

PH's are the only way to go for us. DCA is tough to make into a whole day park and after your there for a few hours, it's wonderful to go back into DLR, especially at night.

• Minion

We like to go to dca in first in the morning until like 4 go to Disneyland until dinner then do Disneyland the next day also if seeing world of color I might recommend staying at dca until 2 going to the other park and come back for night time

It's a music Celebration
    Come on, come on, come on
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Come on, come on, come on
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    Personally
    I'd do the park hopper (in case one park is busier than another)
    It's a $15 difference
    If you stay for 3 days, Disney's website has a special offer of $199 (additional $26, plus a magic morning breakfast)<~~~~ huh what?

Tickets & Packages | Tickets & Reservations | Disneyland Resort
    HUH,what breakfast?........................................ ..............................

•   
    • Minion

Another vote for the park hopper ticket, since the difference isn't that great in the price. If you are there for only one day, I think you can get away with a ticket to one park--friends of mine have done that, and we've certainly found enough to do at DLR--but having the flexibility to pop back and forth between DCA and DLR really pays off.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Noty View Post
    HUH,what breakfast?........................................ ..............................
    I'm taking it they no longer do the breakfast thing w/ Magic Mornings.
    It's been a long time since we've done one.
    I stand corrected.
    Just Magic Morning.
    Quote by Al:
    -Al Lutz

I'd do the park hopper. I easily get tired of DCA within a few hours given all the construction. I'd do one full day at DL and the next start at DCA hit all the attractions that you want then head back over to DL and then head back over to DCA for World of color if you haven't seen it.

if you want to see DCA at all, then get a Park Hopper. You can't spend a whole day in DCA.
    To All Who Come to this Happy Place.... Welcome! Disneyland is Your Land!

• Minion

we just took my kussion to disneyland for his brithday and we boght him the 3 day one disney park per day we got around to dca aroud 12:00pm and we got did most of everything the park besisede 3 actratons tot and Aladdin mickey fun wheel to add the `15 dollers if wont to everything dcA
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattșoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr