Red Face Where does DL & DCA get their "guest feedback"?

Hi Micechatters! ,

I was recently reading the micechat update regarding improvements on Ariel's Undersea Adventure.
    It say's that after receiving "guest feedbacks" Disney officials (or Imagineers) decided to make some improvements to the ride.

Iv'e seen cast members asking questions exiting the parks but they have "pre-written" questions and not much of "ride" experiences or opinions.-I don't imagine them asking if we "liked" Ariel's hair...

So is there actually a place, mail or phone were a guest can submit a feedback or opinion on a certain ride or show?

Thank you so much!

• Senior Minion

Re: Where does DL & DCA get there "guest feedback"?

Yeah, they have other ways of doing guest research. They'll ask people to go to a room and fill out more detailed questionnaires on computers and at times ask people to participate in discussions. I'd assume they also work with outside market research companies who have their own methods, usually online these days, but I'm not sure about that. I'm sure some CM's will know more...
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Banned User

I been asked both in the parks and through online. Even once taken back in a room that focused specifically on Disney dining. If asked in person or online, I usually fill them out since I know me moaning and complaining here will only do 1% of what it could do of me moaning and complaining on their official channels!

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    I been asked both in the parks and through online. Even once taken back in a room that focused specifically on Disney dining. If asked in person or online, I usually fill them out since I know me moaning and complaining here will only do 1% of what it could do of me moaning and complaining on their official channels!
    Yeah, way more. When you do those surveys they use your answers to do statistical analysis to represent people in your demographic group. So each individual is basically assumed to represent a relatively large group of similar people.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Minion

Afew years ago now, maybe 5 or 6, I got asked to answer afew questions just inside the entrance to Disneyland. They had iPad type things and they would click whatever I said. Obviously they weren't actually iPads but it was some sort of touch screen thingy that they held.

• Disney Fan 4 Life

We did that same type of survey at the exit of DCA earlier this year
    “Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.”

• Minion

Re: Where does DL & DCA get their "guest feedback"?

When TLM first opened they had survey CMs at the exit surveying guests as they exited the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron W View Post
    When TLM first opened they had survey CMs at the exit surveying guests as they exited the ride.
    Do you know if Cast Members were asking questions regarding the Mermaid ride itself?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by splash_mtn View Post
    Do you know if Cast Members were asking questions regarding the Mermaid ride itself?
    Yes - I don't remember the exact wording, but the usual "How did you like it?", "What did you like?", "What did you not like?", etc.

They were stationed right in the exit path, under the dome, before you got back out to the main walkway.

•   
    • ALL DISNEY ALL THE TIME

Blog Entries

I do plenty of surveys , around 5 min to 10 a month. at the gate they ask for my pass and my email adress and a day or two later they send me a survey. they have taken me into a room with computers next to city hall for like a 5 min questionair. the other survey type is on the spot and I mostly do these at dca , I did one that asked about rides but i didn't ride mermaid that day so i didn't answer questions on it. I get picked for surveys alot , it's mostly because I accenedtaley make eye contact then they come running
    Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come