• Creative Director

Exclamation HELP- Annual Passport question!!!

Hi,

I just recently renewed my annual passport last week through the mail. I sent it out on monday and was told it should get to disney in a couple days. Well, I am going down to the park for new years eve latter this week, and was wondering what will I do if I don't get my new annual passport mailed back to me before I leave on this wednesday.

has anyone had this problem before? if I don't get it in the mail before I leave, what should I do? do I have to buy a regular ticket? or if they already processed the payment and sent it out, that when I get there, will they be able to give me a temporary pass at the ticket booth window?

anyone?

Re: HELP- Annual Passport question!!!

I would call Guest Relations with this one. To be honest I have no idea! I have always received my replacement pass fairly quickly! But then again with the holidaze, mail has been PAINFULLY slow!
    BRYANT - MEGADISNEY
    Owner/Travel Advisor - Magical Partners Travel
    Walt Disney Company Stockholder
    D23 Charter Member

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

I asked the very same question last week... but didn't get any hard answers:

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16311

How far away from Anaheim do you live? I mailed my renewal on Sunday (12/18, when the PO was closed; so it was just like I mailed the same day as you) and had my replacement in my hands last Thursday (12/23), so the turnaround is very fast. That's from L.A. so the envelope was received overnight in both directions. If you live within CA I would say you're pretty safe to receive you new AP easily before Saturday. I would even venture to say that since the PO is closed today, it will probably be in your mailbox tomorrow.
    --Jonathan

I sent my renewal in the Monday before Christmas, and received it back on the same Friday, only five days later! The only problem was that it was going to be a surprise gift for my daughter, but when we went to the park last Friday night, our old passports had been cancelled, and they would not let us in without an explanation, in front of our daughter, who swiftly figured out what was going on. So much for the surprise!

But, Disney was VERY fast in returning the renawal to us, even the week before Christmas.

• Banned User

What happened to me is when I went to the gate with my old passport, where the machine rejected it and the CM gave us plain blue tickets that allowed us to enter the park. You do need to get a handstamp though. (I ended up getting my new passport that same day)

• A Pirate's life for me!

Yeah, as long as your new one is in the system, you can get a free pass for one day. After that, It'll cost you.

But with their quick turnaround, you should have your new one in a few days.

Good luck, and have fun!

• Creative Director

Well, I am in sacramento, which is northern california. No mail was delivered today due to the holiday, so hopefully any mail that came in within the past couple of days with no mail delivery, will show up to tomorrow. if not, I am screwed.
    I mailed it last monday, so I hope it comes tomorrow.
    if not, I will be stuck paying for a multi-day pass.

• A Pirate's life for me!

We are in your area.

When we renewed by mail a couple of months ago, we mailed it out on monday and received them the following wednesday. We paid with a check. Maybe a CC might be faster???

Do you have a neighbor that could overnight the passes to you if they show up on thursday or friday? It would be cheaper than paying for a new pass. They'll show up in your mail box in a plain light blue envelope with Anaheim as the return address city (almost looks like junk mail). Plus, they'll have renewal 20% off discount coupons which will help save you more $$$.

Good luck!