Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• happiest bride on earth

Re: Earl of Sandwich

i first tried this place in tampa, fl last year, and it was great! when i read it was coming to dtd, i was super excited. really hope construction moves along fast!
    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy."

"There is really no secret about our approach. We keep moving forward - opening up new doors and doing new things - because we're curious. And curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. We're always exploring and experimenting. We call it 'Imagineering' - the blending of creative imagination with technical know-how."

-Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by planetsix View Post
    I never knew what EoS was until now, and oh my golly.... THEY SOUND AMAZING!!!! So excited (and hungry!!!)
    Amazing is an understatement.

It does look like they are going incredibly slow right now. I don't think they will open until late fall at the earliest if they keep this pace up.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Hopefully it won't take that long. The Disney refurb site originally said "late spring" then they recently switched it to "summer". I haven't checked out the construction since the 15th and they are definitely working on it albeit at a much slower rate than we all would prefer. I'm going to check out the construction when I'm there on Saturday. If I had to guess I would say late summer to early fall.

• I am number 4 of 999

To quote an internet meme: "MY BODY IS READY!"

Part of me has to wonder, was anybody excited about Le Brea reopening? Not really. Hardly anyone is in there whenever I go by... Is everyone excited about Earl of Sandwich? YES! YES!! YES!!! I'm just wondering if Le Brea was ticked at Disney for opening another sandwich shop (at the other end of Downtown Disney where people will START hungry, and be full by the time they reach Le Brea) so maybe Disney delayed EoS for a couple months to let Le Brea have the summer crowds. Once Earl of Sandwich opens, with Buena Vista Street serving actual Starbucks, I'm not seeing a need for poor Le Brea in the future...
    Last edited by ghosty4; 06-29-2012 at 03:33 AM.
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

You can get a pretty good view of the Earl of Sandwich building from the monorail heading into DTD and again from the top of the staircase. As of a couple days ago, it still looks like a totally gutted building. It doesn't look anywhere close to opening.

• Former ODV/SE CM

This was on twitter (https://twitter.com/earlofsandwich) on 6/28:
    Hannah Fergie@hannahfbaby
    @earlofsandwich Hi!!!! when will you guys be opening in Anaheim?
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.0)]
    [/COLOR]Earl of Sandwich@earlofsandwich
    @hannahfbaby We haven't announced the opening yet but check back for updates!
    I actually heard this said by a CM over the loud speakers at Big Thunder in 1995, "Please do not sit on the rocks. You will fall...and you will die."

• Joe Flowers

Sorry to bring up an old post, but I didn't want to start a whole new thread. I was at Disneyland this weekend and was able to see the state of the Earl of Sandwich. It definitely looks like there is a bit more work to do there.

The construction wall was open on the right side and you could see all the work remaining inside.
    Name:  EarlofSandwich-100.jpg
Views: 729
Size:  182.1 KB

And one of the windows was partially open, and you can see what has been completed so far inside.
    Name:  EarlofSandwich-101.jpg
Views: 731
Size:  194.2 KB

On a side note, I'm really looking forward to the Earl of Sandwich coming to Downtown Disney. It's one of the places I always go when I'm at Walt Disney World. I only wish they had found a location a little closer to the entrance of the park. I'm worried they're not going to get as much foot traffic all the way at the end. Time will tell I suppose...

• Minion

Dang!! I was really looking forward to eating there during my trip at the end of Sept, but jeez it doesn't even look close to being done. I wonder what's taking so long.

Also, I really don't think having it all the way at the other end of DtD will affect its popularity. This is Earl of Sandwich, man! People will be willing to trek down there for it!

• Insomniac

Rainforest cafe and ESPN zone don't seem to have a problem being at the end of DTD so I doubt the reasonably priced Earl of Sandwich will have a problem.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    Rainforest cafe and ESPN zone don't seem to have a problem being at the end of DTD so I doubt the reasonably priced Earl of Sandwich will have a problem.
    ..Also keep in mind that the monorail makes this location fairly accessible from Tomorrowland.
    "Maybe the definition of home is the place where you are never forgiven, so you may always belong there, bound my guilt. And maybe the cost of belonging is worth it."

• Insomniac

^^Exactly
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

so really how good is this place? never been. how does it stack up against subway

It's hard to describe but all I can say is that it doesn't even compare to Subway. Subway looks like a joke compared to this place.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Subway??? THAT'S your unit of measurement when it comes to sandwiches??? When you order a hamburger at a highly rated restaurant do you ask the waiter how it stacks up against the Whopper? Oh wait, you probably don't go to nice restaurants if you think Subway is an adequate baseline for sandwich stores. You wont be able to stomach that bland stale garbage that sits in those bins all day after you get your hands on an Earl of Sandwich sandwich. It's perfectly proportioned, perfectly toasted and very reasonably priced. People like you are the worst. Quit eating trash food and spend the same amount of money at a real sandwich store or a deli for god sakes.

Is it like Corner Bakery or Panera Bread?
    With kind regards,
    The Tony

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast