Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Dreamer

Re: Mad T Party songs revealed

Quote Originally Posted by Ursulalvr View Post
    Methamphetamine Slang Names
    Not this again, that is a myth. Just the fact that it's brought up is made to stir up some controversy with no basis. If you really wanna go that route, anything as simple as Ice Cream can refer to a drug. Seriously this is a ridiculous argument.
    I just say it how I see it, what's wrong with that?

• No Disassemble!

This blog sheds more light to the fact that this event is intended to be more of a music festival (think coachella) rather than the clubby environment that was Electronica. And the hints to the playlist..? this is troublesome as it's pretty transparent that Disney wants to get parents involved in this event, which is honorable in concept but could detract the younger crowd many of which are local teenagers & young adults who are really the ones that bring the energy to these parties and make them a success night after night.

Perhaps Disney is hoping to bump up the alcohol sales with this move. Or maybe taking action to prevent the underage drinking & use of ecstasy (confirmed by me) that they may/may not have gotten wind of when Electronica was going on. Either way, while I can remain hopeful, it's not looking like my cup of "T".

Quote Originally Posted by G24T View Post
    This blog sheds more light to the fact that this event is intended to be more of a music festival (think coachella) rather than the clubby environment that was Electronica. And the hints to the playlist..? this is troublesome as it's pretty transparent that Disney wants to get parents involved in this event, which is honorable in concept but could detract the younger crowd many of which are local teenagers & young adults who are really the ones that bring the energy to these parties and make them a success night after night.

Perhaps Disney is hoping to bump up the alcohol sales with this move. Or maybe taking action to prevent the underage drinking & use of ecstasy (confirmed by me) that they may/may not have gotten wind of when Electronica was going on. Either way, while I can remain hopeful, it's not looking like my cup of "T".
    Somewhere in here is the reason why these street festivals may be profitable but are also entirely inappropriate. While Disney continues to make progress in an overall theme park experience they are perfectly capable of stubbing their collective feet (and even breaking toes) on a gigantic slab of granite.
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

• No Disassemble!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursulalvr View Post
    Methamphetamine Slang Names
    Not this again, that is a myth. Just the fact that it's brought up is made to stir up some controversy with no basis. If you really wanna go that route, anything as simple as Ice Cream can refer to a drug. Seriously this is a ridiculous argument.
    While not directly related to Meth or "Ice Cream" whatever ice cream is.. I posted something a month ago in this thread: Opinions of Mad T Party..... about the subtle undertones that Disney marketing is trying to make with it's Mad T Party merchandise.

Whether the top brass knew this or not the "Alice in Wonderland" theme is widely popular in the underground rave community as demonstrated in the below fliers for past events.

Attachment 18718Attachment 18719

Attachment 18720

Or perhaps they knew.. it seems like their marketing staff sure did.

Attachment 18721Attachment 18722

Pushing this kind of image will definitely bring in ravers early-on and will bring in more if word gets out that the event is worth going to. While I don't have any problems with the raver community (being a former raver myself) there is no question that psychedelic drugs are an integral aspect of it and are often more dangerous than they are fun. With the lack of security checking at the gate it's up to the in-park security to keep things safe and enjoyable for everyone, let's hope that they're up to the challenge.

.. or the thing could suck so bad that even ravers won't go to it.
    It's fairly obvious that while Disney's trying to broaden things up they still want to retain that young energy that was making Electronica a draw to unsuspecting tourists. According to Disney such things as rock candy and lollypops should sell enough to break even. I find this funny because things like lollypops, suckers, and what's known as "Jewell Candy" are hot sells at raves because when on the drug ecstacy it is used to alleviate a common side effect where the user loses some control of their tongue causing a sucking action to happen.

Look. I'm not judging Disney for what they may or may not be doing but I am being very observant with the way they are marketing this new party and in my opinion there are some wires being crossed up in corporate. On one hand there are people in marketing that seem to have pretty good knowledge of the atmosphere of music festivals or raves and on the other hand there are executives who seem to be greenlighting marketing's ideas while not fully understanding the culture that drives the scene they're trying to create.

The fact of the matter is that (from what I have witnessed) underage drinking & ecstacy use was going on during Electronica. Mad T Party, while designed to appeal to many ages, contains some elements in both their marketing and theming that could bring the same crowd back to the lot come opeining day. To completely dismiss that Disney is sneaking certain elements of drug culture into Mad T Party is in my opinion ignorant.

• Sock Puppet

this mad t party thing is growing on me.. little by little. i will give it a chance, the music may be great, i just gotta wait and see.. and after seeing the stage( see photo ) i am actually getting really excited! I cannot wait!

---------- Post added 05-14-2012 at 11:04 AM ----------

The fact of the matter is that (from what I have witnessed) underage drinking & ecstacy use was going on during Electronica. Mad T Party, while designed to appeal to many ages, contains some elements in both their marketing and theming that could bring the same crowd back to the lot come opeining day. To completely dismiss that Disney is sneaking certain elements of drug culture into Mad T Party is in my opinion ignorant.

are you sure about the ecstasy? are you sure the people weren't just having fun dancing?

• No Disassemble!

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    are you sure about the ecstasy? are you sure the people weren't just having fun dancing?
    I'm positive. The very first time I visited Electronica I ended up giving LED light shows to several groups of teens. As it is customary in the rave community I asked them prior to giving them the light show if they were "rolling" (a term used to describe when someone is at the peak of their ecstacy experience) and they confirmed that they were. One kid even offered me half a pill but I declined pointing to my wife & kids and he understood.

• Minion

I'm positive. The very first time I visited Electronica I ended up giving LED light shows to several groups of teens. As it is customary in the rave community I asked them prior to giving them the light show if they were "rolling" (a term used to describe when someone is at the peak of their ecstacy experience) and they confirmed that they were. One kid even offered me half a pill but I declined pointing to my wife & kids and he understood.
    I understand the concern, but let's not be naive and pretend that illegal drugs haven't been used at Disneyland on a daily basis for decades.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

Quote Originally Posted by BrodyDanger View Post
    I understand the concern, but let's not be naive and pretend that illegal drugs haven't been used at Disneyland on a daily basis for decades.
    I was on vacation at DL before Electronica started and I saw a few candy kids rolling, they were on the tram with us and having a grande ole time!

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

• No Disassemble!

Quote Originally Posted by BrodyDanger View Post
    Good point!

• Banned User

The stories I hear about DL in the 60s I'm surprised that park survived at all!

Mad T Party is looking very good! Lots of details and colors! I'm excited to see what the arcade and games will be like! I still can't believe DCA has become the place with great night life?

As soon as I read Gwen Stefani I knew it was for the song "What You Waiting For?", I actually thought of this video/concept when the Mad T Party was announced.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    Mad T Party is looking very good! Lots of details and colors! I'm excited to see what the arcade and games will be like! I still can't believe DCA has become the place with great night life?
    It's just another example of how DCA has changed over the years. It used to be dead at night, now with WoC, new attractions, PP, BVS and Carsland at night, I wonder if they'll ever bring back the Electrical Parade to DCA lol.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123