Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Re: Mad T Party songs revealed

meh..
    I believe my future must be brighter than my past. Without that belief, I'm just waiting to die. --> http://www.youtube.com/theantidietsecrets

• Insomniac

Sounds like... I thought they were showing the music? Ohwell Mad T Party looks meh to me.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• keh!

double meh.

• Toad Hall

Im actually excited for this, I know this is going to be a hit like electronica especially now that they confirmed that they are bringing back the main djs from electronica to spin after the band plays. It sure is going to go on for a few years i expect. And plus the lighting and rigging they been doing looks awesome, not to mention how much better the stage and bars look. Im sure this will become just as if not more popular then electronica
    <font size=4> </font>

Hate it. Would like for it to be gone now!

I was hopeing for better. The main problem is limited space. They will not use Hollywood and greatly enlarged the stage leaving less room for guests. They could have easily removed 20' feet of false front to the Monsters ride and moved the stage to the back, leaving a lot more room to move or dance.

The area is now too small....

The play list is disappointing, but we will have to see how they adopt and play them.
    I was hoping that they would be be creative and include songs like...."Heads will Roll" by the Yeah Yeah Yeah's

LINK:
    Heads Will Roll - YouTube

The lyrics and dance beat fits the theme perfect...
    "Looking Glass.... take the past
    Shut your eyes... Realize
    OH OH

OFF OFF OFF with your HEAD
    DANCE DANCE DANCE till your DEAD...
    Heads will roll
    Heads will roll on the floor......."

• Banned User

Those costumes (and that blog post) are stupid and embarassing.

Go build a wonderland miniland not some cringe worthy crap like this. Bring back TRON!

That seems like it's going to be really awkward...

For some reason, I was expecting them to have two separate areas: the stage where the band would play and then I hoped that the DJ would be housed somewhere else. What they should have done is put the DJ inside stage 12 and made that a complete "club" instead of having it be an arcade.

How is the switch going to work? 30 minutes band, 30 minutes DJ? Back and forth? It'll be weird to have the DJ just stop (I mean, yes, the music will fade out...) instead of having them do a full set.

I'm intrigued as to how it's going to play out...

can't wait to see the actual execution of this whole thing..
    I believe my future must be brighter than my past. Without that belief, I'm just waiting to die. --> http://www.youtube.com/theantidietsecrets

• revolutionary waltz

The concept seems to be a mess of elements. There's a clear glam rock/rave influence in most of the costumes/merchandise/set pieces, which is a fairly strong concept, albeit perhaps not as family friendly as it could be due to unfortunate implications. However, there are so many strange deviations, I'm concerned about what I'm seeing from Mad T Party. Things like the white rabbit DJs who look sleek--almost futuristic--and a tracklist that has basically zero relevance to any of these things thematically (Pogo's work, from Glow Fest, would've made more sense, I feel), really feel out of place to me.

Of course, this is only based on words and static pictures though, so I'd be more than happy for Mad T Party to prove me wrong. :3

EDIT: Hm, I seemed to have missed that the tracklist is going to be a cover band's work. If they're putting their own spin on it, I could definitely see it working.

• The Fantasyland guy

Everyone who feels the need to hate on this idea: please let it play out BEFORE you render judgement. What happened before Glowfest?.... A bunch of us hated the idea and said it would never work only to have a lot of us love it later. What happened before ElecTRONica?... A bunch of us hated the idea and said it would never work, only to have a lot of us love it later.

Look, it's happening all again, and it will continue to happen as long as Disney keeps doing these risky night club concepts. I LOVE both versions so far and look forward to something new. I am an AP who actually spends money at Disneyland now (in the form of drinks) because of these parties.

With that said, I think the Mad T party announced song selection sounds dumb. I will wait until I see it in person until I render judgement. Having the DJ's be announced as the same ones from EletcTRONica shows to me that someone is thinking this through.
    Last edited by TheDude; 05-11-2012 at 10:33 PM.

• Become part of MY world!

I'm one of those that hated the concept art as soon as I saw it! Mostly because I love Alice and thought they could have done better. I still feel that way, but what I'm seeing so far, I hate to admit, is actually looking TONS better than I expected! A lot of it reminds me of Alice:Madness Returns, which for me is awesome(I know a lot of people would hate that if they knew what kind of game that is LOL). But I can't wait to see the final product now. And I saw pics of the costumes yesterday. I LOVE Alice's dress, I want that! But the Mad Hatter one still looks flippin ugly, as I'm sure the others will too.
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

• Toad Hall

Quote Originally Posted by tromo58 View Post
    That seems like it's going to be really awkward...

For some reason, I was expecting them to have two separate areas: the stage where the band would play and then I hoped that the DJ would be housed somewhere else. What they should have done is put the DJ inside stage 12 and made that a complete "club" instead of having it be an arcade.

How is the switch going to work? 30 minutes band, 30 minutes DJ? Back and forth? It'll be weird to have the DJ just stop (I mean, yes, the music will fade out...) instead of having them do a full set.

I'm intrigued as to how it's going to play out...

Im thinking the bands will play earlier in the evening and that the djs will play off until the later hours of the evening
    <font size=4> </font>

• Hello

I wish I could stop the madness before it starts....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast