Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Wild Idea: Replace Star Tours With Avengers

In the perspective of Iron Man? How big is his suit?

• Banned User

Yeah I dont really see the point either! Star Tours is now the second most popular ride in the area after SM!

Not only that, you got many DEAD areas in the same spot: Innoventions and Captain EO. Captain EO area would be too limited unless its a movie of some kind, which would be fine. Innoventions seems to be the more popular choice and honestly when was the last time anyone has been inside that building? Exactly!

No keep the stuff that is popular and WORKS! Lose the dead weight!

• Closed Account

I support this idea. They could theme it around flying a Quinjet to fight giant Marvel villains. Fing Fang Foom, the mole man beast from FF#1, and they could end it with Galactus.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

I am on the "Stark Expo" band wagon, I would like to see that in innoventions! On a side note, my husband just told me that the Song they made for the sequence in Iron Man 2 for the Stark Expo stuff was created by the Sherman Brothers. It sounds like "Great big beautiful tomorrow" song. hah

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

• Minion

I would be very much in favor of this, from the standpoint of only allowing Disney-owned films to be represented in the park. Star Wars and Indiana Jones should be evicted from the park, let George Lucas and Steven Spielberg build their own damn parks and quit squatting on Disney property. Their attractions should be re-themed to Disney-owned films or else just made into non-film-based attractions.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by cakvalasc View Post
    On a side note, my husband just told me that the Song they made for the sequence in Iron Man 2 for the Stark Expo stuff was created by the Sherman Brothers. It sounds like "Great big beautiful tomorrow" song. hah
    Richard exclusively, but who's counting...

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Star Tours is and new and very much loved...why take it out? There are other rides with less love and more space that can be gone and no one will miss them really

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Not against it. There's nothing inspiring about Star Tours and I find the repeatability very low.
    It just needs to exceed the quality of the ride it's taking over.
    Last edited by DLFreak71; 05-12-2012 at 10:25 AM.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

nooo my Star tours!
    one of my favorite rides in tomorrowland, both before and after the refurb. I don't care if Disney owns Marvel, Spiderman and The Avengers were never "Disney" characters when we were growing up. They still aren't thought of as that...
    Are you also suggesting that the superheroes walk around the park because in my opinion that would look very strange.
    And in response to the micechatter who said we should take out Indiana Jones and Star tours.. :O :O
    no way! Both Indie and Star tours are classics in my mind and I'm sure they are to thousands of other guests as well.
    Taking out either of these rides would cause an uproar and you know it
    nobody would stand for that.

• keh!

NEVER.

guests already take an awkward trip to the Great Barrier Reef in Tomorrowland, we don't need to go to New York as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiksotik View Post
    Definitely not Star Tours, but perhaps Buzz and most definitely Innoventions.

I agree either I inventions or buzzlightyear. Preferably innovations with a whole new building, buzz is too small of a building.

Also star tours ride technology is good for what it is but is also not something that would live up to the avengers franchise anymore. I find the large ride vehicle and small screen a bit outdated in my opinion to help tell a story with super heroes. Star tours works because your suppose to be in a large transport devise looking out at the action. Avengers needs to have a ride vehicle that throws you into the action

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

I'm sorry but I am with a majority of the people here. I go on Star Tours when I get the chance (when it is not crowded or FP's don't run out) but Iron Man does not belong there. Star Tours stays. No debate.

Quote Originally Posted by greeeneyes17 View Post
    nooo my Star tours!
    one of my favorite rides in tomorrowland, both before and after the refurb. I don't care if Disney owns Marvel, Spiderman and The Avengers were never "Disney" characters when we were growing up. They still aren't thought of as that...
    Are you also suggesting that the superheroes walk around the park because in my opinion that would look very strange.
    And in response to the micechatter who said we should take out Indiana Jones and Star tours.. :O :O
    no way! Both Indie and Star tours are classics in my mind and I'm sure they are to thousands of other guests as well.
    Taking out either of these rides would cause an uproar and you know it
    nobody would stand for that.
    the thing is now, kids are going to be raised up with Marvel characters being in the "disney norm"

Just because superheros have powers that seem futuristic doesn't mean they belong in Tomorrowland. I can't say I have much love for the idea of introducing The Avengers into Disneyland at all, but based on the box office takings, I recognize I may be a minority on this front. It feels a little "one of these things is not like the others" to me...though I can't articulate why exactly. I suppose the introduction of Star Tours inspired similar feelings of disjointedness when first suggested though.

All that said, Star Tours is wildly popular, especially with the new upgrade. If we're finding homes for new attractions, how 'bout we cast our eye toward real estate hosting rides that have long since lost their luster (i.e. Captain EO, Innoventions, Autopia).

Better yet, how 'bout we bulldoze Toon Town and just build a Comic Land? Then The Avengers and all the other Marvel franchises could go nuts.

• Jedi Knight

hahahaha no waaaaaaaay

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast