Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Closed Account

Marvel in the Parks: Put photos of Jack Kirby and Stan Lee in the Lincoln exit hall

The Lincoln exit hall has Walt, Jim Henson, George Lucas...shouldn't Disney recognize the creators of the characters that are currently making them billions of dollars by adding photos of Jack Kirby and Stan Lee to the wall? It'd be a quick and easy addition and a small step to bringing Marvel into the parks.

• formerly very helpful

Re: Marvel in the Parks: Put photos of Jack Kirby and Stan Lee in the Lincoln exit ha

If that could get Henry Ford's picture taken away, I'd be all for it!

• Minion

Re: Marvel in the Parks: Put photos of Jack Kirby and Stan Lee in the Lincoln exit ha

I think thats a great idea!
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

stan lee is agreat american

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Theoretically that wall is supposed to portray people who made major contributions to the American Dream. So no.

But then again there is that huge portrait of Miley Cyrus. I guess I'll have to change my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Theoretically that wall is supposed to portray people who made major contributions to the American Dream. So no.
    If that's the standard, then Stan and Jack definitely should be there.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

Yeah I agree they should be added, I mean Miley is there? :/

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

of course they should. If Miley can be on the wall, so should the creators of the marvel universe filled with heroes that nearly every American knows the names of. I mean, who DOESN'T know who Spiderman is?

• Not on the Jedi Council

Yeah, I was thinkin' Miley could leave also. The Hannah Montana inspiration girl left the building a long time ago, and the current version isn't a role model by any stretch.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

I'd love to see the hallway continue the theme of the attraction.
    Historic facts/stories.
    Maybe photos of all the US Presidents.

And for heaven's sake. Remove Miley.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• -

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    And for heaven's sake. Remove Miley.
    Maybe she will be president one day.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Maybe she will be president one day.
    President of something
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

I'm all for it. I met Kirby about six months before he died. He was only about five foot seven, which surprised me; I thought he'd look like some of the characters he drew! He was a wonderful man. We talked about his WW2 experience, how he came ashore at Normandy on D-Day plus 1, how the first dead bodies he'd ever seen were there and that there were hundreds of them. I mentioned that I had been born too late to be drafted into Vietnam and he put his hand on my shoulder and said that he was glad that I didn't have to go even though he didn't even know my name.

I cried the day he died.
    Everyone is entitled to an informed opinion.
    Harlan Ellison

I may not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but I do shine.

Texan by birth, Californian by choice.

There should be a sticky thread called "This Day in Disney History." The company has a long history and this would be a good way to acknowledge it. Walt was born 112 years ago; that's quite a chunk of American history and culture.

• Closed Account

I vote for this pic of Stan Lee:
    Name:  stan-lee-asgard.jpg
Views: 419
Size:  144.0 KB

Unfortunately, Disney has turned that exit wall from Walt's people who contributed to the American dream to just a who's who in The Walt Disney Company. If that's the criteria for getting put up on the wall, then, sure, add Stan and Jack.

What I wish for is to have the wall for ANY person who contributed to the American dream, not just someone who's made money for Disney.
    "In many ways, the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their selves to our judgment. We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read. But the bitter truth we critics must face, is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. But there are times when a critic truly risks something, and that is in the discovery and defense of the new. The world is often unkind to new talent, new creations, the new needs friends." - Anton Ego

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast