photopass question

Anyone who has bought them OR works for DL photopass. I have two questions.

1. How long do the photos sat on your account.
    2. Is there a way to print the pictures off the CD, for myself and family?

My plan is to go about a week or so before my sister comes here in June and get a lot of solo pictures with the characters and then go back with her and the rest of my family(who ever wants to go ) and get more pictures and get the CD from photopass

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Re: photopass question

Disney's PhotoPass Service

Disney's PhotoPass Service gives you professional photographs of your Disneyland Resort vacation. View the photos online, order prints and create custom photo keepsakes.
    Our photographers can be easily found throughout the Disney Theme Parks and can provide you with a complimentary Disney's PhotoPass card. Re-use the card every time you stop for photographs.
    To view photographs, come back to DisneyPhotoPass.com within 30 days, log in (or register if you haven't done so already), and enter the number from your card.
    Then you can edit your photos, share them and create all kinds of products. Plus, prints and Disney's PhotoCD are available.
    Be sure to bring your own camera — you can also upload your own photos to use in creating your own mugs, calendars and other keepsakes, as well as ordering prints.
    Get all the details and register for Disney's PhotoPass Service.

source: Disney's PhotoPass Service | Guest Services | Disneyland Resort
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Dreaming of next trip

the photos sit on the website for 30 days, but we always get the CD.
    Yes you can print the photos off of the CD, at home or in the stores that offer that service.
    There is a document on the cd that gives you rights to print the photos on the cd, this allows you to print them at a photo center.
    Get as many photos as you can on the CD they can even combine photopasses. We get our CD before we leave the park that way we can look at them as soon as we get home.
    Last edited by mouseknotts; 05-12-2012 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Better info

Quote Originally Posted by mouseknotts View Post
    the photos sit on the website for 30 days, but we always get the CD.
    Yes you can print the photos off of the CD, at home or in the stores that offer that service.
    There is a document on the cd that gives you rights to print the photos on the cd, this allows you to print them at a photo center.
    Get as many photos as you can on the CD they can even combine photopasses. We get our CD before we leave the park that way we can look at them as soon as we get home.
    CAn you print out as many copies as you want for as long as you want? I guess that would be the catch for me

---------- Post added 05-13-2012 at 07:01 PM ----------

thanks freak I went to the photopass site and not to DL, good catch btw

• Dreaming of next trip

you can print as many copies as you want as long as they are for non comercial use.

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

I just went to Disneyland's website.
    Did a search for photo pass
    and found it from there.
    You're very welcome, but it honestly it just took a few seconds to find.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

i went to google, typed in Disney photopass and went to their FAQ/help. Didn't see it there so i came here.

Also only took a few seconds to find it wasn't there

• One Little Spark...

My best advice for the photopass.... bring your own camera and have them take the picture with your camera. The cost of the photos is outrageous and completely not worth it. These are not professional photographers, only CMs who are trained on how to work the camera. It's definitely one of the biggest scams in the park.

• Minion

I think buying individual pictures from Photopass is a rip-off, but I think the CD is a good deal. You can stack as many pictures on there as you want and print them anywhere you want. I have always found our PP pictures to be very high quality, if only because the cameras they use are better than the one I typically take to the park. Do I have a high-end DSLR with multiple lenses and bells and whistles? Yes. Do I want to take it around with me everywhere and risk damaging it? Not usually, no. I think for families going on a full trip to the parks, the Photopass CD is a very good value with high quality pictures, if you take advantage of all of the Photopass opportunities.

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by DreamsofColor View Post
    My best advice for the photopass.... bring your own camera and have them take the picture with your camera. The cost of the photos is outrageous and completely not worth it. These are not professional photographers, only CMs who are trained on how to work the camera. It's definitely one of the biggest scams in the park.
    I have to agree.
    I'd just bring your camera (or camera phone) and have the CM take the photo.
    They are always happy to take pictures with your camera.
    Quote by Al:
    -Al Lutz

i know about the camera but mine kinda sucks, as well as eats batteries lol, and i want to have a good set for my sisters, I figure if the 4 of us go, and split the 80 dollar price(tax and shipping im GUESSING) thats oly 20 Per Person

My camera is good and i will have that along but im looking something nice for us all as this is the first time we will all be in the same state at once( barring funerals) unfortunately my brother wont be there with his family as him and one of my sisters are fighting 10 years later

• Under that tree again!

You may want to find an extra camera battery. Also if you are letting the PP Phtographers use your camera, adjust settings before it's your turn. Then the photographer can zoom and shoot and get decent shots on your camera.

For the CD, go into the photo shop at the hub end of Main Street. Ask for a PP Gallery CD with a voucher for the PhotoCD. You pay the PhotoCD price for this and get the Gallery CD. Then when home use the voucher to order your Photo CD. This makse the Gallery CD a free component of the package. The Gallery CD has stock photos on it and normally costs about $40.

Also don't forget when you are having your pictures taken, to get a few shots in different poses, and ask if there are any special poses. Special poses like holding Tink or balloons.
    Last edited by swampymarsh; 05-15-2012 at 11:03 AM.

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

^nice tips
    Quote by Al:
    -Al Lutz

• I am number 4 of 999

Quote Originally Posted by DreamsofColor View Post
    These are not professional photographers, only CMs who are trained on how to work the camera.
    Just wanted to make sure you read this part. The pictures that I've had taken by them are almost always horrible. Bad angles, over-exposed, out of focus. IF they make it to the website at all. We went to Walt Disney World one year, and we had a voucher for a free print and the ONLY thing I wanted a print of was us with Pirate Mickey. Well, we waited in line, took a few pictures and went right to the photo place. ALL of the pictures were junk (reasons mentioned above), so we had to go BACK to the character spot, wait AGAIN, had the same photographer and I was like, "OK, here is what I WANT!". It's annoying, I know I go through it myself, but TAKE a personal camera. It's worth it in the end.