Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Unhelpful User

Wink WDI we demand stage 17 to convert into a monorail stop!

who's with me!

Re: WDI we demand stage 17 to convert into a monorail stop!

I actually think this is a fantastic idea.

The big problem would be ticketing. As it is, people boarding the monorail at Downtown Disney only need to have a ticket to Disneyland Park, so it can be a one-day, one-park ticket. If California Adventure were added to the route, everyone riding the monorail would have to have a Parkhopper, because they could technically disembark at DCA or DL. The fix would be to have the ticket scanners once you arrive at the park instead of before you board at DTD, but that could cause big traffic backups and confused patrons who overlooked signs at DTD, etc.

But yeah, I think DCA needs one, and stage 17 could be perfect. Even if they just want to build external stairs up to a second floor to leave the first floor open for catered gatherings or whatever it's used for now.
    I believe I chose the life of a tomb raider, because
    I'm addicted to the excitement that comes when life hangs in the balance.
    Famous last words.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by bkroz View Post
    I actually think this is a fantastic idea.

The big problem would be ticketing. As it is, people boarding the monorail at Downtown Disney only need to have a ticket to Disneyland Park, so it can be a one-day, one-park ticket. If California Adventure were added to the route, everyone riding the monorail would have to have a Parkhopper, because they could technically disembark at DCA or DL. The fix would be to have the ticket scanners once you arrive at the park instead of before you board at DTD, but that could cause big traffic backups and confused patrons who overlooked signs at DTD, etc.
    Actually, it would be easiest to just have the doors on some cars open at Disneyland only and CA Adventure only. The Disneyland cars would open to let passengers disembark in Tommorowland and the CA Adventure ones wouldn't. Conversely, the CA Adventure ones would open for disembarking at Stage 17 and the Disnelyand ones wouldn't. Once arriving at the Downtown Disney station, all cars would open. That way you either board a car for one park or the other and it cuts down on the confusion.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

•   
    • Minion

I'm with you. That part of Hollywoodland needs something!!!!

• formerly very helpful

I hate to be a wet blanket, but there really is no need for a stop in DCA. In WDW in Florida, there is a Monorail line from Magic Kingdom to EPCOT. However, the two parks are more than a mile or so apart. (I'm sure there's someone on these forums who knows for sure.) But here at Disneyland Resort, the two parks are right next to each other. Just a simple little walk. I don't even think they would have a station at Downtown Disney if there wasn't a station there to begin with.

• Future Animator

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Actually, it would be easiest to just have the doors on some cars open at Disneyland only and CA Adventure only. The Disneyland cars would open to let passengers disembark in Tommorowland and the CA Adventure ones wouldn't. Conversely, the CA Adventure ones would open for disembarking at Stage 17 and the Disnelyand ones wouldn't. Once arriving at the Downtown Disney station, all cars would open. That way you either board a car for one park or the other and it cuts down on the confusion.
    This guy. ^

Genius idea.

YouTube Channel:
    DisneyParkVideos

...for any Disney Theme Park Specials, Behind the Scenes, Making Of's, Celebrations, etc.

• Under that tree again!

Perhaps the Monorail will get a second loop with stops in DCA and the Pumba Parking lot.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

I like the idea and support it, as others have stated it seems kind of redundant to have another stop like this as the parks are so close but overall Disney is about overkill for somethings.

Again, I support it!

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    I hate to be a wet blanket, but there really is no need for a stop in DCA. In WDW in Florida, there is a Monorail line from Magic Kingdom to EPCOT. However, the two parks are more than a mile or so apart. (I'm sure there's someone on these forums who knows for sure.) But here at Disneyland Resort, the two parks are right next to each other. Just a simple little walk. I don't even think they would have a station at Downtown Disney if there wasn't a station there to begin with.
    While this is true, the walk from the northeastern corner of Tomorrowland to Hollywoodland can be a real pain. It can take 25 - 30 minutes without any traffic jams. I would like to see the monorail become a real form of transportation in the resort. Honestly, it seems better in the long run to have a leg travel to the Mickey & Friends parking deck and to a future third park and create a real system that can reduce tram traffic and involve people in the magic right from the get-go.
    I believe I chose the life of a tomb raider, because
    I'm addicted to the excitement that comes when life hangs in the balance.
    Famous last words.

• My Children's Father

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    So if I wanted to ride from TL to S17, I would have to ride in a "DL" car to DtD, get out, then jump into a "DCA" car? I suppose I would have to exit the station first, and re-enter showing my parkhopper/AP, ride back to TL, and finally get to S17.

When you consider how much longer the boarding procedures will be, and the extra time it will take the trains to complete the circuit (due to an additional stop) I'm afraid adding a stop would destroy the modicum of efficiency the Monorail affords (especially if they're running more than one train).

I'm not taking up my pitchfork for this fight. Now if you want to run a Monorail (or PeopleMover) from M&F to Carsland, now you're talking!
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Future Imagineer

Sounds like an awesome idea.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Ideally a peoplemover would be even better since there is practically no wait and cars are continuously moving. What they need to do is buyout Gardenwalk and have 3 stops including DL, DCA, and Gardenwalk.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

I love transportation discussions! If I didn't lose my schematic on a weekly basis, I'd post my ideas for DLR connectivity

• Not on the Jedi Council

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Perhaps the Monorail will get a second loop with stops in DCA and the Pumba Parking lot.
    Y'know, I think the monorail would be more fun with a loop!

• Minion

Hopefully this helps out with the discussion:

Remain Seated Please: No Monorail for California Adventure

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast