Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Red Face Brave officially coming to WOC

Strange that no one's posting this yet. Not sure how I feel about this since I don't like CGI animation, but let's discuss. If nothing else, I hope this gets rid of the obtrusive Pirates 4 segment and brings the show back to its original glory. Like Tron, I hope this goes in at the end and leaves the rest of the show in tact.

Wall Photos | Facebook

Re: Brave officially coming to WOC

Any dates yet for the Brave segment?

I wasn't impressed with the animation of Brave until I saw the preview in 3D in front The Avengers. Whoa! Completely turned me around. Looked spectacular. It will be interesting to see how WOC makes use of the music from Brave which is most enchanting in the truest Scottish tradition. WOC segment starts June 15 with the rest of the reboot of DCA.

Also, a Brave Meet and Greet opens this Friday in Fantasyland over by it's a small world. Given the popularity of the Tangled Meet and Greet this should come as a suprise to .... nobody
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

• Minion

I licke the pirates segment but brave at the end
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattșoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

• Minion

This is one of the things that bugs me about WoC. The blatant promotional aspect. Adding Brave to the show a week prior to its opening is basically just a commercial. As no one will have seen it, there will be no emotional connection to the movie. I just wish they would focus on making the show the best it can be and tone down the in-your-face marketing.

• -

I like having these extra segments added to the end of the show as they add to the rewatchability of the show. I would have preferred them to capitalize on the Avengers and use that, but I do look forward to the Brave segment.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

so if it wasn't clear already, Disney's claim and promise to add and update new sequences into WOC was really them promising to utilize the show to advertise their upcoming films. whoo hooo...
    Learn How To Lose Fat Without Dieting Ever Again! --> http://www.theantidietsecrets.com

• Tom Bricker

The Pirates 4 segment may not fit perfectly with the rest of the show, but I enjoy it and it's the one section of the show that consistently gets applause and cheers from the crowd when we're there. I hope it isn't removed for this.

I appreciate World of Color for what it is--a montage show with no real sense of cohesion. It doesn't really bother me that Disney uses it to promote various films or that PotC4 makes it a bit disjointed. Now, if there were a PotC segment in the middle of Illuminations, that would be a different story!

• Dream in wonderful color!

Yeah the plan all along was to add new scenes to the show whenever a new movie comes out.. I don't mind, it keeps the show fresh and it isn't the first time Disney used its parks to promote new films. They do this with meet-and-greets, parades, all the time.

Also, the blog confirmed that the new scene will not be an encore and instead will be added directly into the show. As a result the Pirates segment will return to its original format.
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

• Minion

As long as they don't start putting
    Brave Opening June 22
    Then I am all for new segments I for one really think they have done a great job with WOC and cannot wait to see the Brave segemnts
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

As long as its as cool as Tron ending then I'm good with any Disney movies...hoping Wretch it Ralph will be at the end of the show too this fall

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by nonob88 View Post
    Yeah the plan all along was to add new scenes to the show whenever a new movie comes out.. I don't mind, it keeps the show fresh and it isn't the first time Disney used its parks to promote new films. They do this with meet-and-greets, parades, all the time.

Also, the blog confirmed that the new scene will not be an encore and instead will be added directly into the show. As a result the Pirates segment will return to its original format.
    Yeah agreed, I took it that as the plan from day one! It just makes sense from a marketbility viewpoint!

And to be honest, the few they did, Tron and POTC 4 has been REALLY good! That's what brings people back to the show over and over again so its a win-win. In fact I wasnt sure if I was going to watch WOC opening weekend of DCA 2.0, but with this announcement I will for sure now! I'm curious to see what they will do and I have no interest to see the actual movie itself! None in fact!

I think this is why WOC is really a great concept even if people hate the fact its just promoting new movies with it. But the show can always change and morph which is pretty cool! Look at what they did for with NYE and 4th of July. If Al is right and they get a full on Xmas version this year, that alone will make DCA the go-to for its own Xmas events!

---------- Post added 05-15-2012 at 02:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFigment View Post
    The Pirates 4 segment may not fit perfectly with the rest of the show, but I enjoy it and it's the one section of the show that consistently gets applause and cheers from the crowd when we're there. I hope it isn't removed for this.
    Actually it does sound like its gone! They made it pretty clear POTC will return to its original segment!

But yeah, that segment gets the BIGGEST applause from anything else in the entire show! At least everytime I seen it! So I dont blame them for keeping it as long as they did, it was done really, really well!

sooooo......the question that's on everybody's mind:
    Does this mean Hellfire is coming back?!?!

• Banned User

I don't mind that they plug their upcoming stuff. It usually keeps the show interesting and I mean ... am I really going to complain about ~2 minutes? I didn't really care for the Pirates 4 segment, but the music is great and they used the fountain/fire in a way that still makes me go "whoah." If it was just a matter of running a trailer after the show, then yeah it'd be whack, but they're usually well integrated and visually well done.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

I hope that the Hellfire and Firebird sequences will be returning, they were so much better executed than the extended pirates segment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast