Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Under that tree again!

Annual Passholders get chance to preview Cars Land and Buena Vista Street - $50+

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/news...t-got-happier/
    New link, goes to a page to the paid reservation to preview, contest to preview, and info about AP MMs.

Experience the all-new Cars Land and Buena Vista Street days before the Disney California Adventure Park grand re-opening to the public on June 15, 2012. Annual Passholders can explore the town of Radiator Springs and experience the California Walt Disney met in the 1920s!
    Annual Passholders may purchase up to 8 tickets. All members of your party must be present and show a Disneyland Resort Annual Passport valid as of the date of the event for which the ticket was purchased — either June 9 or June 10, 2012. Event admission includes a 1-Day 1-Park Ticket to Disney California Adventure Park for the entire day.
    Last edited by swampymarsh; 05-16-2012 at 01:35 PM.

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

re: Annual Passholders get chance to preview Cars Land and Buena Vista Street - $50+

I think the topic of the thread should be changed a bit, since there's a few other topics with similar titles and are about different dates. Perhaps mention "... with a price."

As cool as this is for anyone willing to slap down 50 bucks just to enter a land (okay 2, but BVS is mostly scenery), I'll just wait. Either I win the Ralphs contest or I get selected for the free AP preview. Spend enough money on APs as it is, don't wanna pay more. Nice that it's going to charity though.

500 bucks for the Carthay seems a bit steep, too.

• Here's my 2 cents

re: Annual Passholders get chance to preview Cars Land and Buena Vista Street - $50+

the money being charged is being used by Disney to donate to CHOC, they get the tax benefit we get to see the land 6 days early. BTW, this started out as a Club 33 thing over a week ago, then it was offered to D23 members and now to APs, the crowds you thought you would avoid by doing this preview just got invited to the party too,

But the $500 dinner preview? c'mon, to me Disney seems out of touch with their Club33, D23 and AP audience, that they seem to think they can fill the place over those two days at that rate, I would think even Warren buffett would say no to that deal.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Cool....I can wait though looks great but a week is not enough time for me to be worth 50 bucks...now 3 months ago sure....but it was not even close to ready then so they could not of done it.

Anyway have fun all you luck people that can go to an event like this

Quote Originally Posted by tomrules1955 View Post
    But the $500 dinner preview? c'mon, to me Disney seems out of touch with their Club33, D23 and AP audience, that they seem to think they can fill the place over those two days at that rate, I would think even Warren buffett would say no to that deal.
    I just purchased two tickets for the Sunday dinner preview. I am hoping the price point keeps things civil.

A $500/head dinner is perfectly in line with what most charity dinners cost these days. It's actually on the low end. This is a charity dinner in reality, after all.

So does the annual pass contest still happen the next day?

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by DL714 View Post
    I just purchased two tickets for the Sunday dinner preview. I am hoping the price point keeps things civil.
    Must be nice to be independantly wealthy! Give us a full trip report with pics please then.

• Minion

the money being charged is being used by Disney to donate to CHOC, they get the tax benefit we get to see the land 6 days early. BTW, this started out as a Club 33 thing over a week ago, then it was offered to D23 members and now to APs, the crowds you thought you would avoid by doing this preview just got invited to the party too.
    Wow, this is really good to know and sealed the deal for me. I'll take my chances with the Ralphs promo and the 11th AP preview and if I don't get either of those, I'll take my chances with the regular crowds.

---------- Post added 05-15-2012 at 05:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by GregC View Post
    Must be nice to be independantly wealthy! Give us a full trip report with pics please then.
    No need for the dig. We all have different incomes and make different decisions with our money. DL714 is probably right in that the price tag makes for a different, likely more civil crowd.

• Minion

It should be quite nice. Whether or not it's for Disney to get a tax benefit, it's going to charity. If Disney wants to reap more money, by all means, they should go for it. Just as long as their service continues to live up to expectations like I believe it has. I'm just hoping for not a lot of visual spoilers and a lot of verification that the Flying Tires will not feature the beach balls. Fingers crossed.

• Not on the Jedi Council

I am considering the $50 option. Even that would be a different group than the 5 mile lines I went through on Ariel last year. Those people were generally nice, it was just at "free", there were a whoooole bunch of em.

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by MAH4546 View Post
    This is a charity dinner in reality, after all.
    Uh, no it is not. Is the ticket price, or any portion tax deductible (for the guest)? No. If this were really a fundraiser, it would be tax deductible (or for big gala events, at least a portion of the ticket price). The announcement of the $500K donation on the event page is just slick marketing. It's fine if DLR wants to make a donation... they deserve credit and all the tax benefits. But that donation has NOTHING to do with this event.

To use it to trick people into thinking that this event is for charity is abhorrent. And that's precisely what they've done.
    --Jonathan

Bought the $500 tickets and already looking forward to it! As a Northern California passholder who visists a few times a year but can rarely get to these special events, I think its great. Yes, Disney is making some extra bucks off of me but hey, they already get enough of my disposable income, why not a little more.
    I would have eaten at Cathay anyway and to be able to say I was part of the preview, more than worth the price.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DOOM BGI View Post
    Uh, no it is not. Is the ticket price, or any portion tax deductible (for the guest)? No. If this were really a fundraiser, it would be tax deductible (or for big gala events, at least a portion of the ticket price). The announcement of the $500K donation on the event page is just slick marketing. It's fine if DLR wants to make a donation... they deserve credit and all the tax benefits. But that donation has NOTHING to do with this event.

To use it to trick people into thinking that this event is for charity is abhorrent. And that's precisely what they've done.
    Bingo.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Minion

if i didn't think it would be a total cluster I would go

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast