Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: special trams for annual passholders

To be fair to the OP, I dont think he was trying to say it in terms of 'entitlement' I think he was simply saying since most APs know the spiel so well it isnt really needed, thats all! So maybe a tram that doesnt provide the spiel would be suitable for others. I GET what he's saying. He's not saying "lets seperate ourselves from the naive tourist" he was really just saying that as someone who visits often they dont need to hear the same spiel all the time, so maybe there could be trams thats not needed.

And notice he ALSO said a spiel for Apers that can be more useful for them directly. Again, I dont think that's 'entitlement' just giving a more useful/appropriate message to different audiences which is done all the time in places.

Look, I dont agree thats really needed, but lets not beat up on the guy for what was a simple suggestion. It doesnt sound like he was saying they should get 'better' treatment, simply something different geared towards the AP audience. Not the end of the world.

But that said, sorry OP, thats just how it is. Anyone who travels on planes often hears the SAME safety spiel in every plane, city and country regardless. Business travellers probably know the spiel as much as the flight attendants that gives them, but thats just part of the experience. Like others said you can always tune it out (I tune everything out with my Ipod when I'm at Disney...yeah I KNOW people, but the happy music drives me crazy after 10 hours of it and its fun to listen to Kanye West in FL lol) OR just walk! Its 10 mins basically from the times I walked it.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

I doubt they would
    nor do I think it's necessary.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Minion

all people are treadeted equalley and one tram is fine
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattșoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
    Always amazing that some people feel their annual pass (which allows access to Disneyland at a ridiculous discount) should also get such perks as this, or a special entrance, or extra fastpasses, etc.

The tram should also be gold-plated, and should pick up guests right next to their car (parked in a premium parking spot as well, naturally).

WHAT?!? You mean getting into Disneyland hundreds of days per year with an AP at a huge discount for literally pennies on the dollar doesn't warrant special perks and reserved tram service without a safety spiel?!?

But, but... but... I'm an Annual Passholder!!! I pay your salary and I know how this ride works!

Oh, pardon me, I don't know where that came from.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Westsider View Post
    WHAT?!? You mean getting into Disneyland hundreds of days per year with an AP at a huge discount for literally pennies on the dollar doesn't warrant special perks and reserved tram service without a safety spiel?!?

But, but... but... I'm an Annual Passholder!!! I pay your salary and I know how this ride works!

Oh, pardon me, I don't know where that came from.
    C'mon Westsider, thats not what the guy was remotely implying! He was simply saying there was no need to hear it if you go all the time and was trying to throw out a suggestion, which once again, would give APers a different spiel vs tourist or day trippers! How is that being 'entitled' exactly?

I dont agree its needed but he wasnt trying to say APers should be separated OR treated differently, ie, better than others out there, simply a different message for a different audience.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    To be fair to the OP, I dont think he was trying to say it in terms of 'entitlement' I think he was simply saying since most APs know the spiel so well it isnt really needed, thats all! So maybe a tram that doesnt provide the spiel would be suitable for others. I GET what he's saying. He's not saying "lets seperate ourselves from the naive tourist" he was really just saying that as someone who visits often they dont need to hear the same spiel all the time, so maybe there could be trams thats not needed.

And notice he ALSO said a spiel for Apers that can be more useful for them directly. Again, I dont think that's 'entitlement' just giving a more useful/appropriate message to different audiences which is done all the time in places.

Look, I dont agree thats really needed, but lets not beat up on the guy for what was a simple suggestion. It doesnt sound like he was saying they should get 'better' treatment, simply something different geared towards the AP audience. Not the end of the world.
    Very well said.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

•   
    • Minion

C'mon Westsider, thats not what the guy was remotely implying! He was simply saying there was no need to hear it if you go all the time and was trying to throw out a suggestion, which once again, would give APers a different spiel vs tourist or day trippers! How is that being 'entitled' exactly?

I dont agree its needed but he wasnt trying to say APers should be separated OR treated differently, ie, better than others out there, simply a different message for a different audience.
    I'm with WorldDisney on this one. The OP has never shown any sort of 'elitist' attitude in his other posts. There's no reason to be so harsh on him in all these responses.

The spiel on the tram does get old, but as others said you can always tune it out. I do get a kick out of the return tram spiel saying "if you intend to return to the park later today..." when I'm leaving at midnight,

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    I do get a kick out of the return tram spiel saying "if you intend to return to the park later today..." when I'm leaving at midnight,
    At night I've heard them cut the audio once that piece starts playing. One operator cut if off mid-sentence and said "They're cold, they're tired, they're going home, not back to the park!"

• Lighting Design Lover

I personally liked it when the CM at the back of the tram (I guess you'd call them conductors?) used to say the spiel themselves, that way it'd be a little different each time, and especially at night when everyone was going home anyway they'd tell a few jokes or lighten and keep everyone awake!!

And I understand what the OP was saying, but if the spiel annoys you then I'd say just walk (it's actually fairly short, relaxing, and at night you can often make the walk before you'd get to Mickey and Friends waiting for several trams! Or take a detoured walk through DD, see some shops!)

the only thing that i think the annual passes should always have is some form of discount. the fact that disney could at any time just get rid of them worries me. id probably buy less things in the park. im okay with waiting on the normal tram

• Here's my 2 cents

What a waste of time, those trams (cattle cars really) are so inefficent, park in Pumbaa and walk or Toy Story and ride an enclosed air conditioned bus that leave that lot constantly and drop much closer to the Park entrance and when returning to the lot, the busses leave all the time, they dont wait until theyre full.
    I'm amazed that there are Aps that still have some sense of entitlement, that by having a pass they seem to think they own stock in the company. please get over it. Besides access Disneyland all year, free parking, food and mechandise discounts, how could you possibly even consider you deserve MORE? More than some family that plops down full valuse admission, pay full value for food and merchandise and possibly stays overnight on the Disney property? those kinds of guests, if anyone deserve MORE.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

• Minion

Fair enough. But think through the logistics on this one. I park in BCML, walk through the structure, and see the crowds for trams in the loading areas every day. How does this get set up, at what expense, and at what extra labor costs? All to prevent someone from hearing safety reminders and info about park amenities?

How would you separate the special AP trams? Reserve one loading area for AP's only, build gates and fences to wall off that loading area, and then staff extra CM's at entry gates to prevent any tourist from getting on that tram because the safety spiel is edited or eliminated?

And how do you explain that to the tourist family who is excited to get to Disneyland for their first time? "I know there are empty rows here sir, but your family can't ride this tram, you have to wait over there. This tram is only for Annual Passholders, and it has a spiel that is much shorter and omits safety and park amenities information for their aural comfort. Your regular tram will be here shortly."

Even if it's 3 in the afternoon and the crowds are light, you are going to still have physical barricades and extra CM staffing to keep tourists off the AP only tram that omits safety info and park info. And how the heck do you get Legal to buy off on this??? The Safety information is there for a reason and purpose, regardless of which ticket you bought. And then at the end of the night when it's a mad rush for trams back, does this concept still take place? Or do you subject AP's to the same exit spiel everyone gets and just hope they aren't too annoyed?

If the safety and welcome recording on the trams is really too much to bear, there are numerous other options for parking and access for you;
    Toy Story - Fast buses with short waits and no spiels at all.
    Walk - Walk the sidewalk 5 minutes back to Mickey & Friends, or through Downtown Disney in 15 minutes
    Pumbaa - More fast buses with short waits and no spiels, or an even shorter walk.

(I'm on my iPad at lunch, sorry for the mishmash look)
    Last edited by Westsider; 05-16-2012 at 11:04 AM.

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

I can't believe this "AP entitlement" rage most of y'all are flinging. He probably didn't think of the logistics of having a special tram for APs or what is required for a new spiel to be recorded. It was probably just a fleeting thought and probably wasn't even an actual suggestion and it definitely wasn't a demand aimed towards the resort. But it's funny considering there are cheaper passes at other parks that DO give special treatment to their APs. USH, for example, has an entire bag check and entrance just for their AP. And pay for the right AP and you can get instant access to the Studio Tour all year long, even during the summer when the wait time is above 2 hours, with no blackout dates restricting even the most crowded of days.

I understand the sneer towards those who think they're entitled to something extra but sometimes you guys take it too far on someone undeserving :-/

And to answer the question, instead of BASHING the OP; no, I don't think it's a good idea. As many APs as there are, I think the AP tram would be waiting to fill up longer than a regular tram, thus resulting in waiting longer to get to the parks. I'd rather hear the same ol' spiel (which I just tune out anyway) then wait an extra 5 minutes for more APs to come fill up the tram. Maybe if it were like a super cool AP trolley or something -- now THAT'S an idea I can get behind.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I get what the OP means..but don't think its really worth it to do it..and will just cause confusion among many non Apers.....I either walk or just tune it out its not that bad

• Hooterville, USA

A special tram for APers?

We should have valet parking in the esplanade!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast