Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Minion

special trams for annual passholders

could disney make a tram just for pass holders we dont have to hear that spael over and over i was thinking wold be esery to make a spaaiol just for pass holders
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattșoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

Re: spacaiol trams for anual passholders

They already have special place with trams for pass holders with no spiels, waits, or crowding. Its called the toy story lot lol
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

I wish there was special treatment for us pass holders. But alas there isn't, and there probably won't ever be. Plus if there was passes would go way up in price I'm sure. Not to mention it would make the park extremely different. Split into classes basically, and no longer embody the feel of the park that Walt began in the park. Just my opinion

• Banned User

To be fair I think most APs have pretty good deals (compare that to TDR APs where its waaaay more expensive and you dont get ZIP! Nothing, nada, its just to be able to go to the park everyday, thats it!).

Oh god, I feel an AP rant going and I dont want to add to it lol. All I will say is there isnt a need to have two different trams, it would make lines longer IMO if one tram area is bigger than the other and not more of a balance. I DO think they can make AP entrances to enter the park vs day passes. That would probably be better for the day passers and tourist because I'm guessing the lines to get in would be a bit shorter for them, but end of the day everyone is standing in the same line for everything else so not a huge deal either.

• Unhelpful User

Yeah, because special privileges well help ease that sense of entitlement seem to think they are entitled to. And this thread is proof of that ignorance.

During both of my tradition classes, my new hire traing in the mid-2000's when I was employed by the company, one of the first thing we were taught is that each guest is equally important. None is better than the other or entitled to treatment over the other (unless some kind of mistake happened on the fault of the park and they get a no strings attached or something like that to make up for it). Giving special privileges to a certain group of guests creates a division between APers and regular visitors. This will also add to the elitist attitude that SOME AP holder have (again, as evidenced by the existance of this thread).

• Minion

The spiel can get annoying. When I worked at DTD we parked in the Brown lot off of Ball. To get to DTD you have to walk up the stairs of M&F, all the way through M&F, then down to the first level again, then take the tram. So if you think it's annoying as an AP, try listening to it twice a day, several days a week!

Of course, there is another alternative for APers, CMs, and all guests--walking!

• Minion

Re: special trams for annual passholders

That's why we bought DVC so we could stay at the hotels and not have to ride the tram

It's a music Celebration
    Come on, come on, come on
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Come on, come on, come on
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Everyone on the tram is practically an Annual Passholder already.

Do what I do. WALK.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Banned User

You know, some people only get to go to Disneyland every couple of years. Heck, some people never have the privilege of visiting at all. And you want a separate tram because you visit so often that you're tired of hearing a safety spiel?? Sorry to get real with you, but this sense of entitlement is exactly what gives the AP program a bad wrap. We don't deserve ANY special treatment.

Yeah, I don't even hear it anymore. I tune it out for the most part.

i thought i heard it all...but i was wrong

We like the tram & consider it our first & last "ride" of the day. Sometimes the CM will do a little improv which is always a plus. We consider it a nod to the JC. Then there are your co riders to watch & listen in on. Watch the faces of the little ones on their way to Disneyland for their first time & you may get a clue as to why Walt & team built the park in the first place. Listen to the "amazing" conversations of the teenage girls & count how many times you hear the word "like". Listen to the accents. You can easily hear what is going on over the recorded announcements.
    The return ride is even more interesting. There's the tightly held Duffy by a girl whose eyes are mere slits when, but a dozen hours earlier, they were wide with joy. You can watch the grimace of the lady whose fashion sense outweighed logic & just had to wear those 5" heels. You can watch the exhausted parents prepare for the long drive home. The recorded announcement seems more subdued than the entrance spiel. You just stop & pay attention to the things & people around you. We like to look for the Disney cat that hangs out on the park side of the return route.
    You can complain all you want about the announcement, you can walk, but in either case, you would be missing out.
    Last edited by gomezaddams; 05-15-2012 at 08:42 PM. Reason: typo

• Senior Monorail Minion

Maybe I'm one of the few, but i like the spiel. It builds up the excitement to the park!

I think that APs should get perks, but not at the expense of other guests. After hours events, such as Fantasmic, behind the scenes tours, and previews are great. They allow APs to get the privilege of seeing something that truly interests them, but would typically bore a normal guest.

I don't agree with exclusionary practices where it is waved in the guests face, like advertising special food during park hours, then telling guests "oh. , you can't Purchase that." that's wrong...
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!
    by intoxication, i'm pretty sure the OP meant that disneyland just gave us a free acid trip.
    -PLAUGED reffering to the Winnie the Pooh ride...

• Seasick

Always amazing that some people feel their annual pass (which allows access to Disneyland at a ridiculous discount) should also get such perks as this, or a special entrance, or extra fastpasses, etc.

The tram should also be gold-plated, and should pick up guests right next to their car (parked in a premium parking spot as well, naturally).
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

It's either listen to the spiel on a relaxing ride into the Main Entrance Plaza or a long, tiring walk. Your choice, buddy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast