• done

New Year's Eve merchandise

In addition to a couple of pins, two other New Year's Eve items have been released at the resort.

First is a mini-plush of Mickey, dressed in a tux but with his bowtie undone. Mickey is wearing a party hat that says 2006 and that lights up when you press his left hand. He's holding a party favor in his right hand. There's a sunburst at the bottom of his left foot that says "Happy New Year 2006 Disneyland Resort". Price is $10. He's available throughout the
    resort. Here's a picture: http://www.colddeadfish.net/images/DLR/hny06mbbp.jpg.

The other item is something I really like and don't think they've done before. It's a set of Mickey ears for the new year. It's black with gold ears. On the front in silver thread is "HAPPY NEW YEAR". Just below that in gold thread is "2006", with a gold silhouette of Mickey in the middle. The back is left empty and can be embroidered. Price is $12.50. I saw them in an adult size, but I don't know if it comes in a child size. Here's a picture: http://www.colddeadfish.net/images/DLR/hny06ears.jpg. They're available throughout the resort.

• All you need is LOVE

Re: New Year's Eve merchandise

Thanks Got the ears

Thanks for posting that! I'm planning on going on Wed. and I'll be sure to check these out.

• A Pirate's life for me!

Great info. Thanks!

• Prefect

Blog Entries

i didn't see the ears in child size either last week. going to check again today, but might have to just get the adult size.
    <o>

The ears only come in adult size. Personally I think they look great, and how the golden ears should have looked, with the black felt base and the ears only being gold.
    The New Years Mickey plush is FAR superior to last years. (didn't light up, was just Mickey wearing a diaper- hmmm) this version is great. Disney really has been churning out some cool plush lately. The Valetines Eyeore and Marie look pretty slick too.

• insufferable know-it-all

I saw the ears last time I was there. I *really* like them.

I do believe they've done NYE ears once before, but if memory serves, they were of the "top hat" variety, and I think the top hat was like a silvery fabric. But I could be wrong about that, because even if they did, it was a long time ago.

Darn Disney making all these cool ears I want to buy... are ears going to be the next beanie/pin/collectible object?

And on a slightly note; the Christmas ears are some of the best-constructed ears they've ever made. I mean, yeah, there are some loose threads, but as far as just sturdy construction of the hat itself, it's two layers of fabric (red on top and white underneath), making for a thicker, sturdier cap. I definitely approve.

(I'd better, for $12.50/pair!!!)

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Circle of Ancients

Is this the only merchandise they have??? No shirts, caps, etc???

• Namaste and Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by mrmainstreet
    The ears only come in adult size. Personally I think they look great, and how the golden ears should have looked, with the black felt base and the ears only being gold.
    The New Years Mickey plush is FAR superior to last years. (didn't light up, was just Mickey wearing a diaper- hmmm) this version is great. Disney really has been churning out some cool plush lately. The Valetines Eyeore and Marie look pretty slick too.
    The origional prototypes for the 50th ears were gonna be the black felt with gold ears. That's what they told all of the hatwritters. But the day they came into the shops they were all gold. The white thread would have showed so much better on the black felt. But oh well. The gold thread looks pretty good on the gold hats...wait, I'm not supposed to know that...
    Rebel Justin
    Back & Reporting for Duty!

My CM Tenure: 1/11/03 - 5/30/06; 3/5/11-?
    Tomorrowland Stores

• Circle of Ancients

Those ears are awesome! Now I see why my friend wants me to pick up a pair for her hubby!

Thanks for posting the pictures!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Buttercup
    Those ears are awesome! Now I see why my friend wants me to pick up a pair for her hubby!

Thanks for posting the pictures!
    please)))))) pick me a pair up to I will send you the money!!!