Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Unhelpful User

Sad What do you consider DLR Dead Space?

we all know bout stage 17 in DCA and Innoventions in disneyland I consider this Dead Space where else ! meaning they can make something better in that space or instead add another attraction or show.

Re: What do you consider DLR Dead Space?

Bugsland may be a functional land, but to me, it's dead space. Especially now that Carsland is around, they don't really need it. So I say bulldoze it down and build something on par with the DCA of 2012.

Ooooh where to begin?

Motorboat cruise area
    Small World Mall
    Skyway Building
    2nd floor of starcade
    Stupid satellite thing in tomorrowland
    TONS of DCA backstage space
    Transportation area east of esplanade
    Monsters inc lol
    Pacific wharf. Only because the land has so much potential for an aquatic ride of some sort.

Im sure there is more?
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• Minion

A good portion of ToonTown is dead space. Since they don't use the trolley anymore they could pull up the tracks then the trolley barn, Roger Rabbit fountain, and half the street would be open for use as well as the underused park next to Goofy's back yard. They could easily fit three attractions the size of the ones in Flik's Fun Fair in that space.

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by Pinrar View Post
    Ooooh where to begin?

Motorboat cruise area
    Small World Mall
    Skyway Building
    2nd floor of starcade
    Stupid satellite thing in tomorrowland
    TONS of DCA backstage space
    Transportation area east of esplanade
    Monsters inc lol
    Pacific wharf. Only because the land has so much potential for an aquatic ride of some sort.

Im sure there is more?
    wow question answered!

• ---------------

esplanade

(have to agree with Monster's)
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Quote Originally Posted by DCAfanatic View Post
    we all know bout stage 17 in DCA and Innoventions in disneyland I consider this Dead Space where else ! meaning they can make something better in that space or instead add another attraction or show.
    Here's my list:
    The entire northeastern corner of Disneyland (Autopia, Motorboat landing): This space is completely underused and could be replaced by a new land if they really wanted to.

Big Thunder Ranch area: Let's face it, Frontierland needs a new attraction badly. Whether it's a C, D, or E, that area needs it in order to balance the crowds.

Innoventions: They either need to completely ravamp Innoventions or tear down the building and put in something new. Preferably not another "Here's cool stuff you don't need, but we want you to buy it anyway" attraction.

Magic Eye theater/HISTA: It was cool to bring back Captain E.O. after Michael Jackson died, but it's time to do something different in there.

The People Mover: The tracks are a complete eyesore. They need to do something with them. The station has become a waste of space. The track's only use are as a divider for the crowds during fireworks and parades.

Buzz: Disney shot themselves in the foot with this one. Buzz was built, and then three years later in comes Midway Mania to kill Buzz's fun. I say they should build something new and exciting (Wall-E anyone?).
    At DCA:
    Stages 12 (Hollywood and Dine) and 17 (Millionaire) (and Monsters for that matter): This corner of the park is undervisited and needs something special. I'm sure this area will be rejuvenated during the Hollywood Land remodel though.

Otherwise, DCA is good.

Outside the parks, the only thing I can think of is that the Paradise Pier Hotel needs a huge remodel. It's looking shabby.

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by SoarinMatt View Post
    Here's my list:
    The entire northeastern corner of Disneyland (Autopia, Motorboat landing): This space is completely underused and could be replaced by a new land if they really wanted to.

Big Thunder Ranch area: Let's face it, Frontierland needs a new attraction badly. Whether it's a C, D, or E, that area needs it in order to balance the crowds.

Innoventions: They either need to completely ravamp Innoventions or tear down the building and put in something new. Preferably not another "Here's cool stuff you don't need, but we want you to buy it anyway" attraction.

Magic Eye theater/HISTA: It was cool to bring back Captain E.O. after Michael Jackson died, but it's time to do something different in there.

The People Mover: The tracks are a complete eyesore. They need to do something with them. The station has become a waste of space. The track's only use are as a divider for the crowds during fireworks and parades.

Buzz: Disney shot themselves in the foot with this one. Buzz was built, and then three years later in comes Midway Mania to kill Buzz's fun. I say they should build something new and exciting (Wall-E anyone?).
    At DCA:
    Stages 12 (Hollywood and Dine) and 17 (Millionaire) (and Monsters for that matter): This corner of the park is undervisited and needs something special. I'm sure this area will be rejuvenated during the Hollywood Land remodel though.

Otherwise, DCA is good.

Outside the parks, the only thing I can think of is that the Paradise Pier Hotel needs a huge remodel. It's looking shabby.
    oh you're dead on on all these ideas!

• Under that tree again!

There was a huge change in DCA that freed up a lot of land. They built Carsland on most of the old Timon lot. There are what 3 or 4 lanes of traffic coming in from Disney Way? The backstage access only needs two lanes. Also the Trams from the Timon lot had space in the transporation area at the east end of the Esplanade to load and unload on the South side. This area is not used the the TS lot buses.

This adds quick a bit of space to push out the east border of DCA. This gives more room to the oddly used stage 12 and 17 to expand into.

• -

The flee bag hotels along Harbor. If Disney was able to buy them out, that would add expansion room.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    The flee bag hotels along Harbor. If Disney was able to buy them out, that would add expansion room.
    Do you know how much that land would cost Disney?

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    There was a huge change in DCA that freed up a lot of land. They built Carsland on most of the old Timon lot. There are what 3 or 4 lanes of traffic coming in from Disney Way? The backstage access only needs two lanes.
    I remember reading a while back that those lanes behind Cars Land and PP were required to funnel guests to the M&F parking structure to cut traffic on Katella. It was in the Resort Plan. However, they are closed off now and cars coming from the east park at Toy Story, so I wonder if that is still a requirement. Maybe they are a kind of "relief valve"?

---------- Post added 05-17-2012 at 12:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Not only prohibitively expensive (heck, they can't even buy the SE corner of the old Timon Lot) but also, where would all those guests stay? Even if Disney eventually put some hotels there, there'd be 5+ years of downtime where there was a huge hit in overnight capacity.

• Down Pluto!

There are times I think the entire management offices would qualify as dead space.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Hooterville, USA

Innoventions.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    Not only prohibitively expensive (heck, they can't even buy the SE corner of the old Timon Lot) but also, where would all those guests stay? Even if Disney eventually put some hotels there, there'd be 5+ years of downtime where there was a huge hit in overnight capacity.
    I don't think it's as prohibitively expensive as you think. Nearly all business owners and operator's are only thinking about profits and revenues during their lifetimes, future be darned. If Disney were to cut all those owners in on resort wide hotel revenue with a percentage for 20 or 30 years, they could have all those properties by the end of the day for the current cost of: $0. Think about it, divide 5% of revenue among all those chintzy hotels and then wipe the whole lot of them, create a new structure of hotels and restaurants, and the vast increase in total revenue would far outweigh the 5% and have the added benefit of classing up the whole region.
    Last edited by lightofdarkness; 05-17-2012 at 12:37 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast