Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 227424950515253 LastLast
Results 766 to 780 of 788
  1. #766

    • Pilot EdForceOne
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    15,649

    Re: Disneyland Resort Ticket Price Increase (Merged) Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by D23Divinity View Post
    So that's the solution to crowd control? Raise the prices so the people who could barely afford it as was can't get in? Who cares, at least they got rid of the people that don't have any money anyway.. I dunno, I don't really go for that. I demand a better solution. And I feel I don't need to give specifics, that's not my job and I don't get paid millions to come up with these specifics.
    Its not your job.. but you are qualified enough to trash their informed choice?

    Disney has plenty of programs for underprivileged people already...

    Answer yourself honestly. Is it you can't afford to goto DL.. or is it you can't afford to go as often as you'd LIKE to go?
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid


    Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

  2. #767

    • Off to Neverland
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    So. Cali
    Posts
    1,663

    Re: Disneyland Resort Ticket Price Increase (Merged) Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by ghosty4 View Post
    I'm sorry, why aren't you renewing? Because you can't afford to make a lump sum payment, and you don't approve of the payment plan, you'd rather just not have an annual pass? Really?
    I'm not renewing because I don't agree with this severe of a price jump. The payment plans are what has caused this huge jump in over-crowding and that's what needs to be dealt with. Not making huge price jumps.

  3. #768

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    42

    Re: Disneyland Resort Ticket Price Increase (Merged) Discussion

    I agree with others that a better way to have maybe reduce the number of AP holders would have been to institute a modest increase on the Deluxe and Premier AP's and also get rid of the monthly payment plan option.

    The 30% increase in the Premier pass seems pretty excessive to me. That said, I just went to a local grocery store and bought a voucher for the Premier pass for $499 with my Disney Premier Visa card and I get the Premier pass for the old cost and I earn 2% on the purchase.

  4. #769

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    91

    Re: Disneyland Resort Ticket Price Increase (Merged) Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by SingingAngel7242 View Post
    I'm not renewing because I don't agree with this severe of a price jump. The payment plans are what has caused this huge jump in over-crowding and that's what needs to be dealt with. Not making huge price jumps.
    You're looking at this from the wrong perspective.

    From Disney's perspective (which, since they are price setters, is the only one that matters) to reduce overcrowding (which isn't a goal anyway), you consider these options:

    1) higher price with payment plans
    2) lower price without payment plans

    Now, if those both equally achieve the goal, which results in a higher profit level? If you are claiming that they both result in the same number of customers, then option 1 results in higher profits because it's the same number of customers, but with more money per customer. Quite frankly you are suggesting they use option 2) because it's in your interests. But Disney cares what's in its (stockholders') interest.

  5. #770

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
    Posts
    102

    Re: Disneyland Resort Ticket Price Increase (Merged) Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Its not your job.. but you are qualified enough to trash their informed choice?

    Disney has plenty of programs for underprivileged people already...

    Answer yourself honestly. Is it you can't afford to goto DL.. or is it you can't afford to go as often as you'd LIKE to go?
    Ugh. I shake my head. I'm not trashing it, I just disagree as it is an opinion which is what people share here. I think it's a valid point though, not just nonsense. I personally would hope that if this decision is due to crowd control, as the person suggested, that they could come up with something better than raising prices. Also, umm, you don't know how often I go to Disneyland. I wasn't even talking about me, I'm talking of how I think anyone should be able to go, not just the rich. As said in another post, perhaps I'm just too hopeful and over-optimistic. I also do tend to think about other people a lot, not just myself, including those with less money and those running the business.

    I need to know about these programs! I know a ton of kids who have parents that can't afford to go to Disneyland in both ways; they can't afford to go at all nor as often as they'd like to go.
    Last edited by D23Divinity; 06-04-2012 at 12:41 PM.
    FAT KIDS UNITE!
    (Anyone can be a Fat Kid! You love food?, you're in!)

    "Curiosity killed the cat, you know.." "I know!"

  6. #771

    • Fastest Man Alive
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,659

    Re: Disneyland Resort Ticket Price Increase (Merged) Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyAaron View Post
    You're looking at this from the wrong perspective.

    From Disney's perspective (which, since they are price setters, is the only one that matters) to reduce overcrowding (which isn't a goal anyway), you consider these options:

    1) higher price with payment plans
    2) lower price without payment plans

    Now, if those both equally achieve the goal, which results in a higher profit level? If you are claiming that they both result in the same number of customers, then option 1 results in higher profits because it's the same number of customers, but with more money per customer. Quite frankly you are suggesting they use option 2) because it's in your interests. But Disney cares what's in its (stockholders') interest.
    Exactly. Raising the prices, but keeping the payment plans will allow Disney to decrease their AP population without negatively affecting their bottom line. It is a very smart decision on their part, financially. It won't make the fans happy; but it should make the casual tourist and their stockholders happy.
    "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

  7. #772

    • Seasick
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    3,191

    Re: Disneyland Resort Ticket Price Increase (Merged) Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by D23Divinity View Post
    I personally would hope that if this decision is due to crowd control, as the person suggested, that they could come up with something better than raising prices.
    This is simple supply and demand. If crowd control is Disney's game (and I doubt it is, the park would be packed to the gills every minute if they had their way), raising prices is the solution.

    If they don't raise prices, demand won't fall and the crowds will grow and grow. Unless they eliminate annual passes, this is how they keep things under control.

    What is your alternative? Keep prices low but turn people away? Disney is a business, and it's going to operate like one.

    ---------- Post added 06-04-2012 at 07:37 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Crazee4mm View Post
    Why is it that when Disney has a "problem", the solution is always to raise prices. Apparently the passholders were the problem this time as they were the hardest hit by the increases. And I thought I was a "guest". If I treated the guests who come to my home the way Disney treats their guests (by emptying their wallets), I'd never get anyone to come to my house ever again!
    "Guest" is a marketing term. You're a customer.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

  8. #773

    • My Children's Father
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Island in the Sun
    Posts
    1,497

    Re: Disneyland Resort Ticket Price Increase (Merged) Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
    This is simple supply and demand. If crowd control is Disney's game (and I doubt it is, the park would be packed to the gills every minute if they had their way), raising prices is the solution.
    I disagree that the Company wants to see the park packed every day. A less-crowded park will lead to:

    better guest experiences, which will lead to more repeat and word-of-mouth business

    increased souvenir sales due to guests having more time available

    fewer labor costs with less staffing needs

    less maintenance costs due to diminished wear and tear

    less impact from 'major refurb' projects (like the current Matterhorn project)


    Of course, fewer customers will require price increases, which have already happened ....
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

  9. #774

    • One More Day
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Degobah
    Posts
    242

    Re: Disneyland Resort Ticket Price Increase (Merged) Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Giant Panda View Post
    I disagree that the Company wants to see the park packed every day. A less-crowded park will lead to:

    better guest experiences, which will lead to more repeat and word-of-mouth business

    increased souvenir sales due to guests having more time available

    fewer labor costs with less staffing needs

    less maintenance costs due to diminished wear and tear

    less impact from 'major refurb' projects (like the current Matterhorn project)


    Of course, fewer customers will require price increases, which have already happened ....
    Yes this ^^

  10. #775

    • Fastest Man Alive
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,659

    Re: Disneyland Resort Ticket Price Increase (Merged) Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Giant Panda View Post
    I disagree that the Company wants to see the park packed every day. A less-crowded park will lead to:

    better guest experiences, which will lead to more repeat and word-of-mouth business

    increased souvenir sales due to guests having more time available

    fewer labor costs with less staffing needs

    less maintenance costs due to diminished wear and tear

    less impact from 'major refurb' projects (like the current Matterhorn project)


    Of course, fewer customers will require price increases, which have already happened ....
    Initially I felt like contesting this post, but the more I thought about it, the more I agree. The issue is Disney wants a very very busy park, but really when things get to capacity, many of the efficiencies begin to break down.

    Food Sales and Merchandise Sales will always increase with the more guests there are in the park, as will ticket revenue. So I disagree that folks spend more when it's less busy because they have more time (indeed, when park is at capacity, people will shop more since the lines for everything is more than an hour long).

    Yet, it takes an incredible amount of extra labor to staff capacity parks. Trust me when I say the number of Guest Control Cast Members can be monstrous in size, and they all cost money. It takes a lot of labor to keep the parks from turning into chaos and utter gridlock on peak days, and I wonder if it is worth it or whether the park could make more capping it's upper attendance limit or not.

    I also cannot argue against the somewhat lowered maintenance costs that would result from this.

    And last, but not least, the guest impact. I myself plan to avoid the parks this summer since I know it will extremely busy. It simply is not enjoyable if I have to wait 2 hours for every attraction I want to go on and fight crowds all day. It's a busy theme park and I accept it, but anyone who has gone on capacity days knows the "magic" is significantly lessened and an inferior experience is the result.
    For all of its advertising, Disney probably gets its most business on its word of mouth reputation. Except for locals of those areas, most people don't know about the cool new offerings of Sea World or Islands of Adventure or Universal Studios or Busch Gardens etc. When they think quality theme park- their beginning and end is Disney. That is a very powerful and lucrative advantage and one that cannot be afforded to given up.
    "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

  11. #776

    • Goofy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    in wonderland.
    Posts
    20,653

    Re: Disneyland Resort Ticket Price Increase (Merged) Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Initially I felt like contesting this post, but the more I thought about it, the more I agree. The issue is Disney wants a very very busy park, but really when things get to capacity, many of the efficiencies begin to break down.

    Food Sales and Merchandise Sales will always increase with the more guests there are in the park, as will ticket revenue. So I disagree that folks spend more when it's less busy because they have more time (indeed, when park is at capacity, people will shop more since the lines for everything is more than an hour long).

    Yet, it takes an incredible amount of extra labor to staff capacity parks. Trust me when I say the number of Guest Control Cast Members can be monstrous in size, and they all cost money. It takes a lot of labor to keep the parks from turning into chaos and utter gridlock on peak days, and I wonder if it is worth it or whether the park could make more capping it's upper attendance limit or not.

    I also cannot argue against the somewhat lowered maintenance costs that would result from this.

    And last, but not least, the guest impact. I myself plan to avoid the parks this summer since I know it will extremely busy. It simply is not enjoyable if I have to wait 2 hours for every attraction I want to go on and fight crowds all day. It's a busy theme park and I accept it, but anyone who has gone on capacity days knows the "magic" is significantly lessened and an inferior experience is the result.
    For all of its advertising, Disney probably gets its most business on its word of mouth reputation. Except for locals of those areas, most people don't know about the cool new offerings of Sea World or Islands of Adventure or Universal Studios or Busch Gardens etc. When they think quality theme park- their beginning and end is Disney. That is a very powerful and lucrative advantage and one that cannot be afforded to given up.
    love your post there. that is why im going in agust to ride the new ride. besides my ap is blocked lol.

  12. #777

    • Air Pirate
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    139

    Re: Disneyland Resort Ticket Price Increase (Merged) Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by ewo1992 View Post
    You think $120 is bad for a parking pass? Try $350 for a semester, that's $700 for a year not including if I go to summer school!
    Well I went to summer school, there is another $210 in parking. Total for school parking for one year $910!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    -------------------------------------
    “Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.”
    ~Leonardo da Vinci

    “If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse.”
    ~Walt Disney

  13. #778

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2

    Re: Disneyland Resort Ticket Price Increase (Merged) Discussion

    Can someone help me with the link where I can still buy APs at last year's rates? With the thread merges, I lost the link. If someone can help, I'd appreciate it. <3

  14. #779

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1

    Re: Disneyland Resort Ticket Price Increase (Merged) Discussion

    I know I am a little late to this thread. Here are my thoughts after reading this entire thread. I USED to be an AP holder. My husband and I had Premium AP's in the early 2000's before they had payment plans. We gave them up during the 50th anniversary celebrations (the crowds made it no longer fun to go) and then we renewed it when Costco offered a $50 gift card and the free day for your Birthday. It got to a point after driving over an hour each way (approx 40 miles each way) that we were going "just to get our money out of it" We would go and usually ride Splash Mountain as a single rider and share an ice cream on Main Street and watch fireworks. I think when we gave up our AP's, the price for the Premier was under $300 and for us it just wasn't worth it. It wasn't because we couldn't afford it. We could afford it now if we wanted to. We just felt like it was more work than it was worth between the drive and the crowds in the parks.

    I can't believe that they don't charge more to do payment plans. They should charge interest just like EVERYONE else does that you have payment plans with. But then there would be 50 pages of people complaining they deserve a free loan because that is what they have become used to.

    Also what would be really cool of Disneyland is if they would "donate" the park one night a month to local grade schools in the poor areas and the kids could go for free. That way everyone that is on here complaining about how some kids will never be able to go, then they would be able to go at least once in their lives.

    I think one of the biggest problems is 99% of people think they are owed something by someone else and do not take responsibility for themselves. Or they are entitled to something special. Work hard in school, get a good job and EARN everything you get. Do not rely on others for things and then place blame on them when you can't have it. Since that probably will never happen, all I have to say, reality and life isn't always fair. My husband would LOVE to have Lakers season tickets (even better courtside seats) but since he is not famous and doesn't make a few million dollars a year we will never have them. Is that the Lakers fault?
    Last edited by SpringsteenFan; 06-15-2012 at 09:30 PM.

  15. #780

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,254

    Re: Disneyland Resort Ticket Price Increase (Merged) Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by SpringsteenFan View Post
    I can't believe that they don't charge more to do payment plans. They should charge interest just like EVERYONE else does that you have payment plans with. But then there would be 50 pages of people complaining they deserve a free loan because that is what they have become used to.
    "Everyone else" does NOT charge interest on payment plans. There's a big difference between a loan and a payment plan. A loan is generally provided by a party that doesn't make any money off of the actual purchase you make with the loaned money. Disney makes their money off the sale of APs. Having a payment plan encourages and increases the sale of those APs. It's no different than when an appliance retailer offers 0% interest for a year or any other number of retailers that offer payment plans or interest free financing. There aren't many companies out there that will give you an interest free cash loan, but there are thousands who will give you interest free financing for the purchase of one of their products. Disney is doing the same exact thing with the payment plans.


Similar Threads

  1. [Chat] In General, Ticket Price Increase
    By Soul_Meets_Body in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 06-17-2011, 06:37 AM
  2. Ticket Price Increase
    By Bill in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 08-04-2007, 08:30 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-04-2006, 08:49 AM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-02-2005, 07:13 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •