Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question AP Start Date questions on Online purchase Vouchers/Monthly

I noticed that I can't buy a AP Voucher online with monthly payments.

If I buy a NEW AP online via the monthly payment plan, what is my start date? The purchase date or the 1st use?

Can I assume Vouchers are 1st use?

Thanks!

Re: AP Start Date questions on Online purchase Vouchers/Monthly

I would like to know the answer to that also. I have another question guys. I was going to get a pass this weekend and I read where the prices are going up sun. I was going to buy the so cal select which will be blacked out on sun the 20th but they always used to let you in no matter what day you bought the pass (blacked out or not). My question is, if I buy a so cal select pass ONLINE today (the 19th) will i be able to go pick it up and enter the park on sun. Please help ASAP

• I am number 4 of 999

Quote Originally Posted by mrwagnal9 View Post
    I noticed that I can't buy a AP Voucher online with monthly payments. If I buy a NEW AP online via the monthly payment plan, what is my start date? The purchase date or the 1st use? Can I assume Vouchers are 1st use?
    I bought my AP at the ticket booth, so while I'm not completely clear how it works when buying it online, it would seem like you'd buy the voucher to redeem yourself or give it to someone to use as a gift, much like a gift certificate. I believe that's why you have to pay for it in full (as opposed to starting a payment plan for a girlfriend's AP and then breaking up. You don't want to pay for it because you broke up, she doesn't want to pay for it because it reminds her of your ended relationship etc etc). If you directly buy the AP for yourself, I still think you get the same kind of paper saying that you purchased it that you take to the park to get the actual card. Either way, I would say it starts when you redeem the certificate and get the actual physical card.

• Nerd

delete -

---------- Post added 05-19-2012 at 06:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by splashmountaineer View Post
    I would like to know the answer to that also. I have another question guys. I was going to get a pass this weekend and I read where the prices are going up sun. I was going to buy the so cal select which will be blacked out on sun the 20th but they always used to let you in no matter what day you bought the pass (blacked out or not). My question is, if I buy a so cal select pass ONLINE today (the 19th) will i be able to go pick it up and enter the park on sun. Please help ASAP
    you need to buy it at the park to use it on a blocked out day
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

• I am number 4 of 999

Just renewed mine (it expires in June, and I can't have THAT, now can I??)

Thought this might be useful:

1. A new Annual Passport expires 1-year from the first date of entry into a Disneyland Resort Theme Park. A renewed Annual Passport expires on the anniversary date of the original Passport.

2. Each Disney's eTicket printed confirmation allows one entry at a Disneyland Resort theme park turnstile to allow the exchange for an Annual Passport on the same day as entry . Present the standard Disneyland Resort ticket you will receive at the turnstile with valid photo ID for processing at the Annual Passport Processing Center located in Disneyland Park. Disney is not responsible for any loss or inconvenience caused by computer error, or unauthorized duplication or sale of Disney's eTickets. In the event that duplicate Disney's eTickets are presented for theme park admission, Disneyland Resort reserves the right to refuse entry.

• Still Dizzy

The monthly payment plan is different. The start of payments, is the start date of the pass.

I had bought mine a few days before our trip, and when I went the pass start date was the day I bought it. The CM grabbed his manager to "fix" it for me though and changed the start date to that day's date. Not sure if they can always do that, or if it was just cause it was only a couple day's difference.

thanks ghosty, you were right. I purchased my passes today and spoke to 2 cast members before I made the purchase. Both said that if you buy your pass online or at the park, you are allowed to enter the first day you go blacked out or not. Just got it in before the price hike!

• Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Juni View Post
    The monthly payment plan is different. The start of payments, is the start date of the pass.

I had bought mine a few days before our trip, and when I went the pass start date was the day I bought it. The CM grabbed his manager to "fix" it for me though and changed the start date to that day's date. Not sure if they can always do that, or if it was just cause it was only a couple day's difference.
    Using the payment plan, you will begin paying for it right away..when you purchase it. but they will change the first use date on the pass to when you enter the park for the first time and then its good for 12 months. - This is kind of a sticky issue and it seems the systme isn't perfect. Make sure you have a CM change the date for you. - Frankly, its easier, faster and more efficient to do the contract purchase at the booths. No muss, no fuss -
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Just some info for anyone out there. We bought our tickets back in Dec 2011 but my wife got sick and we could no go. Being from Austrlaia we had to cancel our trip and postpone it for a while. We are looking at going back soon (probably a good 8-10 months from when we purchased the online tickets) and I talked to the Disney help desk and they said that our tickets would start on the first day we entered the park regardless of when it was bought online. There is essentially no expiry on it. BUT if a price rise occurs (which has happened) between buying online and entering the park you will need to pay the extra amount for the increase at the park booth.

Just thought I would pass that info on for anyone else who may be affected.

Quote Originally Posted by disdad View Post
    Just some info for anyone out there. We bought our tickets back in Dec 2011 but my wife got sick and we could no go. Being from Austrlaia we had to cancel our trip and postpone it for a while. We are looking at going back soon (probably a good 8-10 months from when we purchased the online tickets) and I talked to the Disney help desk and they said that our tickets would start on the first day we entered the park regardless of when it was bought online. There is essentially no expiry on it. BUT if a price rise occurs (which has happened) between buying online and entering the park you will need to pay the extra amount for the increase at the park booth.

Just thought I would pass that info on for anyone else who may be affected.
    Thanks for everyone's help, I bought my voucher and my mom's new pass. But geez, if I have to pay the extra $150, I love the cast, but I'm going to have to raise heck. I bought a specific product at an agreed price. I gave them consideration, and when I go to the gates, I will do so with reliance on that agreement. I already know that this voucher is my last renewal (4th year) and I'm bummed that I'm going to lose my park visit count of these 3 years moving to the voucher to save $150. But if they think I'm going to pay more, they are out of their minds.

• I am number 4 of 999

Quote Originally Posted by splashmountaineer View Post
    Just got it in before the price hike!
    How long did you wait? I went on Saturday for a few hours and the lines at the ticket booths were packed when I arrived, and they were packed when I left! I don't know if this is typical for a Saturday, or not, since I usually don't go on Saturdays.
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mrwagnal9 View Post
    Thanks for everyone's help, I bought my voucher and my mom's new pass. But geez, if I have to pay the extra $150, I love the cast, but I'm going to have to raise heck. I bought a specific product at an agreed price. I gave them consideration, and when I go to the gates, I will do so with reliance on that agreement. I already know that this voucher is my last renewal (4th year) and I'm bummed that I'm going to lose my park visit count of these 3 years moving to the voucher to save $150. But if they think I'm going to pay more, they are out of their minds.
    You won't have to pay any extra money. The only reason you would is if you went to redeem the vouchers past the expiration date listed at the top. At that point, they don't make you forfeit the entire amount you paid for the ticket, but you do have to pay the difference in price.

---------- Post added 05-21-2012 at 09:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by CMHusband View Post
    you need to buy it at the park to use it on a blocked out day
    Is this new or something? We bought our Deluxe APs online and redeemed them on a blockout day two summers ago with no problem at all.

Ghost, i bought the passes online saturday then we went on sunday when the park opened. We brought the e-tickets to the main entrance and they gave us regular tickets. The cast member told us to go back out to the ticket booths to recieve our plastic passes(wish we would've done it to begin with). We went back into the park and went up to a photographer right inside of the main entrance and she took our picture and uploaded it to our pass. It was a hectic beginning but got it all done in about 45min.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Juni View Post

Hmmm, not so sure about that. We bought our passes online on May 18 with the payment plan, activated them on May 19. they expire May 19, 2013.

Although, they did take the first "payment" out the day we activated, the 18 was just the "Down Payment".

So it's entirely possible you just pay the "Down Payment" when you pay online and take the first payment when you activate?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Hmmm, not so sure about that. We bought our passes online on May 18 with the payment plan, activated them on May 19. they expire May 19, 2013.

Although, they did take the first "payment" out the day we activated, the 18 was just the "Down Payment".

So it's entirely possible you just pay the "Down Payment" when you pay online and take the first payment when you activate?
    We paid the down payment and the first payment was taken out the same day (December 14th). Our first visit was December 17th and they expire December 17th, 2012.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast