Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help for stairs

42 miles from the Happiest Place on Earth

Re: Help for stairs

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    There aren't any to my knowledge. In your situation, you would use the regular queue for Star Tours. ECV users have to get the "wait" ticket. All other GAC users (wheelchairs and GACs) use the regular line. I don't believe there are stairs, but a steep ramp. Wheelchair users use an elevator once inside the building. I believe the "avoid stairs" users just go the regular way.
    Thanks, I was getting confused trying to figure out where the stairs were.
    There are also stairs in the Tower of Terror(one of her favorite rides), but we have never had to use them.
    Disney bucket list:

Go to Club 33
    Tour the Walt Disney Studios
    Work for Disney

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by StaceeyL View Post
    Thanks, I was getting confused trying to figure out where the stairs were.
    There are also stairs in the Tower of Terror(one of her favorite rides), but we have never had to use them.
    ToT is very easy. You simply tell them you can't do stairs and they will route you to the right.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Rock Star Minion

Um, have you tried holding her hand?
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Last edited by StaceeyL; 05-25-2012 at 12:31 AM.
    Disney bucket list:

Go to Club 33
    Work for Disney

• Minion

Sometimes people don't understand.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Rock Star Minion

You're right. I don't understand.

OP, you said, "is 3, wears glasses, take a long time going up stairs." Unless there is more you're not telling us, I recommend that you help her up the stairs. She's 3. She needs your help. Yes, I've had children. They were both 3 once, I think.

---------- Post added 05-25-2012 at 09:09 AM ----------

The last time we went to Aladdin I asked the CM and he was extremely nice and let us sit on the bottom level(we've only gone to that twice since I was afraid of the stair aspect with her). I'm kind of just afraid that on bigger attractions(Big Thunder) the CM might just think we want not to wait in line...not the case at all, we always do but last time on Big Thunder she fell going up the stairs and people behind us were sort of rude since we were taking a while.
    Those people are jerks. Their wait wasn't any longer. A train didn't leave half-full because of your daughter.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post

OP, you said, "is 3, wears glasses, take a long time going up stairs." Unless there is more you're not telling us, I recommend that you help her up the stairs. She's 3. She needs your help. Yes, I've had children. They were both 3 once, I think.

---------- Post added 05-25-2012 at 09:09 AM ----------

Those people are jerks. Their wait wasn't any longer. A train didn't leave half-full because of your daughter.
    Yes, these people are jerks, as most people are.

I'm trying not to think that you are basically just being really rude by saying I should hold her hand. I mean, what other reason do you have to say that? If you don't have anything helpful you didn't have to respond, I didn't ask you to...
    Disney bucket list:

Go to Club 33
    Work for Disney

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    A 3yo with vision issues will likely also be having issues with perception, meaning the distance up the stair may look off to them, causing them to fall more easily. (Missing the step by not lifting their leg high enough, or lifting it high enough but thinking the stair is higher also causing a stumble.) Holding their hand, while helpful, isn't going to help their perception, and in some cases, if the child stumbles hard enough can leave their weight hanging from their elbow, causing "nursemaids" elbow. (BTDT.) Sometimes it is better to allow the child to use both hands for balance, as taking their hand can actually throw off their balance in a situation like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12