Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Has anyone had difficulty with cm believing toddler is 2, not 3?

Quote Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
    Years ago my brother (here after known as "The Rat") brought his then 7 yo daughter and jammed her into a stroller trying to pass her off as 2. The CM questioned him on the enormous toddler and the Rat started threatening to sue (whom I have no idea). The CM's supervisor came and wanted the rat to extricate his "little girl" so she could see how tall she was. More words flew and the supervisor finally let them in. So now my nieces first memory of DL is an argument and the kids learned that it's OK to lie if it saves you money.
    Nice huh?
    Wow! How horrible for your neice. This also brings up another one of her worries. She's afraid her kids will think she's lying (EVEN THOUGH SHE ISN'T) because of all the confusion with the early bday party, etc. I have shared all the info with her that I have received and I think she's feeling better about not purchasing a ticket. The funny thing is, she just found out the age requirement when I called her today and had planned to purchase a ticket, now she won't have too if that's what she decides.

• ---------------

It is sad to see people be dishonest at the gate.
    Just explain to the kids that the b-day child really turns 3 on _______________
    but the party is early this year due to _______________.
    That not all parties actually happen on the exact day of birth.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    It is sad to see people be dishonest at the gate.
    Just explain to the kids that the b-day child really turns 3 on _______________
    but the party is early this year due to _______________.
    That not all parties actually happen on the exact day of birth.
    That's what I told her. I don't think she's going to purchase a ticket now. I told her she can purchase one of mine since she's saving money, lol.

• Minion

Get your friend to phone Disney up and ask them. Should put her mind at rest if Disney themselves have said it will be okay.

Quote Originally Posted by ssaamm View Post
    Get your friend to phone Disney up and ask them. Should put her mind at rest if Disney themselves have said it will be okay.
    exactly what i was thinking

Get your friend to phone Disney up and ask them. Should put her mind at urest if Disney themselves have said it will be okay.
    Thanks for the advice, but I don't think she's worried about if it's ok or not. She knows she isn't violating any rules, she just didn't want any unnecessary attention brought to her kids. Because she is a good mom and believes in being a good role model for her children she was worried about things being confusing for them because of the info I posted above. I think it's obvious that simply because she was worried about everything I've stated proves she's teaching by good example and has NOTHING to worry about concerning her kiddos (which is what I told her).

I'm 99% positive they will not question the toddlers age. My son was a very large 2 year old and I was never asked about his age. We went a min. of 3 times/ month. I would make a copy of the birth cert and keep it at the hotel "just in case" but I honestly can tell you that it shouldn't be an issue : ).

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Myahlove1 View Post
    Thanks for the advice, but I don't think she's worried about if it's ok or not. She knows she isn't violating any rules, she just didn't want any unnecessary attention brought to her kids. Because she is a good mom and believes in being a good role model for her children she was worried about things being confusing for them because of the info I posted above. I think it's obvious that simply because she was worried about everything I've stated proves she's teaching by good example and has NOTHING to worry about concerning her kiddos (which is what I told her).
    Ah okay I see, but like others have said she'll be fine, no one will say anything You could show her the messages on here and that might help abit.

Ah okay I see, but like others have said she'll be fine, no one will say anything You could show her the messages on here and that might help abit.
    Thanks Ssaamm, it actually helped a lot! She's not going to purchase the ticket for her dd because she will still only be 2. She's just a worry wart!!!

• Yeah...I'm cool

I have seen ticket takers say to individuals, "that kid is like 4 or 5, but I'll let you in." I've never seen a confrontation.
    spunky likes to suck that 3rd nipple(why am I your sig line........freak)! - Posted by my good friend Samsma

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
    Years ago my brother (here after known as "The Rat") brought his then 7 yo daughter and jammed her into a stroller trying to pass her off as 2. The CM questioned him on the enormous toddler and the Rat started threatening to sue (whom I have no idea). The CM's supervisor came and wanted the rat to extricate his "little girl" so she could see how tall she was. More words flew and the supervisor finally let them in. So now my nieces first memory of DL is an argument and the kids learned that it's OK to lie if it saves you money.
    Nice huh?

Forgot to mention, The rat got in free with a Press Pass he "borrowed" from a real journalist at the TV/radio station he worked at.
    Movie theater managers will tell you similar stories of parents blatantly lying about their obviously overage kids to save a few bucks, and throwing a tantrum if they're called on it -- and doing all this in front of the kids.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Minion

We have gone with numerous nieces and nephews under 3, some big for their age, some very small. Never had a problem.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

I don't think she should need anything but she could bring a copy of the birth certificate. When we did the Give a Day Get a Day we had to have them. Luckily they took copies then we shredded them up and threw them away when we were done.

• ---------------

good advice
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Disney Fan 4 Life

I used to take my DD when she was just over two. she was on the tall side at 36 inches and I never had anyone question her age. We went the whole year on my annual pass until she turned three. I would seriously doubt your sister will have any trouble.
    “Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.”

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast