Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Seeker of Fun

Re: Has anyone had difficulty with cm believing toddler is 2, not 3?

We were going to have a little bit of an issue like this. The CM's were great, and in my opinion, leaned toward the benefit of the guest...which was us. I think honesty goes a long way too!
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

• Hooterville, USA

My wife tells me that they used to ask the child how old they were, knowing that children that young won't lie. But then the parents would holler at the CM and the child and it became a messy situation. Now days, they don't ask.

By the way, my wife has seen 10 year olds crammed into a stroller with their legs hitting the ground, and their parents insisting that they're only 2.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

I doubt she has anything to worry about. My daughter, when she was two, looked older, but we were never asked her age. But, for a piece of mind, contacting Disney and asking the question is a good idea. My feelings is that Disney has a similar policy to most airlines: if you depart as a two year old (and not paying a seat but sitting on a parent's lap) you do not need to purchase a return ticket should the child turn 3 during the trip as long as it is within one month of the birthday. Besides I have seen people get into Disney without tickets. A family comes along and supposedly one person has no ticket, but they all get in.

---------- Post added 05-20-2012 at 09:37 AM ----------

correction: parents don't have to purchase a return seat if their child turns 2 during their trip away, not 3. Sorry for the error.

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    My wife tells me that they used to ask the child how old they were, knowing that children that young won't lie. But then the parents would holler at the CM and the child and it became a messy situation. Now days, they don't ask.
    That is strange. Because here, in Disneyland Paris, we have to ask the age when we have a doubt.

If we don't trust the answered, we can ask for any documentation, if the guest dosen't have, we have some questions like :
    - The complete date of birth (with the year) and we can see if the guest hesitate,
    - Ask directly to the child his age
    - For French people only (directly to the child), if he like the school. If the answered is yes, it's means is over 3 (because school is compulsory for children over 3 years).

The benefice of doubt is always for the guest, but in case of very big doubt (if we are sure the guest lies because the child is like 5 for example), he has to buy a ticket and send a letter to guest communication with all the documentation for refund.

This case of situations happen sometimes with the guests, but are common with cast member (and their guests) using main gate pass.

Guest Relations & Ticketing Coordinator @ Disneyland Paris
    English is not my mother tongue, I hope you would forgive me for my spelling mistakes.

• Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Donald1980 View Post
    No proof is needed and there should be no problems.
    This is correct
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

i've thought about the age issue as well my son is 7 now and 4'9", the next time we go he will be 9 and still qualify for the children prices. i'm sure he will be at least 5' by then, i am planning on taking his birth certificate in case of any issues, lol.. in your case i'm sure they will honor the age when the tickets were purchased.

• MaliBOOMer

What does "dd" stand for? I seriously can't figure this one out. I know it means little kid right? But what is the "dd"?
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

• Minion

DD means Dear Daughter (or Darling Daughter). DS is Dear Son, and DH = husband, DW = wife .

Quote Originally Posted by Walt's Magic View Post
    Besides I have seen people get into Disney without tickets. A family comes along and supposedly one person has no ticket, but they all get in.

I have seen CMs really crack down on this recently. I've seen people turned away if they only have a hand stamp but no ticket. I've also seen people where "someone else has all the tickets" and they've been asked to step aside and call that person to meet them at the gate.

42 miles from the Happiest Place on Earth

I have twin daughters who are almost 4 now. We started taking them to DLR when they were about 10 months old. One of my twins is really tall for her age(she's been able to ride the 40 inch requirement rides since before she was 3)only once did I get questioned and it was in a nice way. When I said they were still 2 that their bday was in a month I wasn't questioned again.
    Disney bucket list:

Go to Club 33
    Tour the Walt Disney Studios
    Work for Disney

• Minion

I've had no personal experience, but I think if it was me I'd bring a photocopy of the certificate just to make myself feel more confident if it was challenged.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    By the way, my wife has seen 10 year olds crammed into a stroller with their legs hitting the ground, and their parents insisting that they're only 2.
    I know prices are up there
    but lying/deceiving isn't right either.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123