Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Has anyone had difficulty with cm believing toddler is 2, not 3?

After finding out about the increase in ticket prices from all of you very informative micechatters I called ethe rest of my friends to give them the heads up about purchasing tickets now for our upcoming trip in October.

Anyway, my friend was planning to purchase a ticket for her dd that will only be 2 while we are visiting. Of course I quickly informed her that her dd will be free. However, she brought up some valid concerns. Her dd will be turning 3 the day we are traveling home. Because of this she is having her birthday party before we leave for Cali and will also be making a big deal out of her b-day while we are there. She won't be telling her dd or her ds (5) that her b-day is on the trip home because that's no fun, right?

So you can see how this may pose a problem for her.
    CM: How old is your dd?
    Mom: she's 2
    Son: uh-uh mom sister just turned 3.
    Etc....

I told her to bring dd's birth certificate just in case, but she isn't comfortable carrying around this type of document in DL. I can't say I blame her, so I suggested she leave it in safe at hotel. And then she was worried that she would happen to get questioned on a morning we had a res or were planning to get fastpass for woc and would have to travel all the way back to off-site hotel and back. Because this is causing her so much stress she is still thinking about buying dd a ticket, which I think is a waste of money.

So I guess I'm wondering if anyone has had any problems with CM's not believing you when you've told them your childs honest age of 2?

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Re: Has anyone had difficulty with cm believing toddler is 2, not 3?

If the child is 3-years-old, then a paid ticket should be bought for the day(s) she is 3-years-old. End of story.

• Still Dizzy

Quote Originally Posted by Quacky4Donald View Post
    If the child is 3-years-old, then a paid ticket should be bought for the day(s) she is 3-years-old. End of story.
    That's not her question. The child will be 2 while they are at Disneyland. They are just doing the "birthday" celebration early since the actual birthday will be on a travel date. You know how like if your birthday falls on a monday, you have your birthday party on the weekend before even though it's not actually your birthday yet.

Sorry, myah....I've never taken a kid that young before so I have no advice. Hope someone can help.

• Under that tree again!

It should not be a problem. Don't worry about it. It a child is below the age of 3 or 9 when they first enter the park, then it doesn't matter how old they are when they leave.

• Minion

I didn't bring my son to Disneyland until he was 3, so I don't know how strict they are at the gates. If she is really 2 though, then there is no way I would buy a ticket. If any of the scenarios you mentioned actually happened, explaining that she had her birthday party before her actual birthday shouldn't be a problem and is really not all that unusual.

Thank for responding. I don't really see this being an issue, but I need to convince my friend so she isn't wasting her money. I can't imagine any cm would argue with her when she's telling the truth. By, you never know...

• Still Dizzy

Maybe just do a photocopy of the birth certificate. That way she isn't walking around with the original, but that way if somehow she does end up with someone having questions, she'll have something to show.

• Disney is home

No proof is needed and there should be no problems.

• some assembly required

We had a photocopy of our Niece's BC when she was 2 1/2. We never even had to show it, but the website never said to bring anything or any documentation. But then again, this was 5yrs ago... so take with a grain of salt. They may have changed customer service standards (etc) since then???

IMO, they shouldn't be requiring ppl to bring in documentation for < 3 y/o.
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

Don't bother taking the birth certificate... They won't ask for it.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

If she's 2, then she's 2.
    You shouldn't have to explain that you had the party early.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Mrs. J. Depp

There are those shady people out there who will try and pass off their 4 yo as a 2 yo but your friend isn't doing that at all and there should be no problems. Plus, it's just a couple of days difference. It's a good thing that your friend wants to play by the rules!

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Quote Originally Posted by Quacky4Donald View Post
    Nope.

Assuming it is a resort guest or on a package, Disney's policy is that the kid's age for an entire trip is the age the first day of the trip, even if they turn 3 or 10 during the trip. So no ticket necessary for a 3 year old who was 2 on the first day of a package vacation or resort stay.

She has NEVER dared to break the rules which wasn't always fun growing up.

---------- Post added 05-19-2012 at 01:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MAH4546 View Post
    Nope.

Assuming it is a resort guest or on a package, Disney's policy is that the kid's age for an entire trip is the age the first day of the trip, even if they turn 3 or 10 during the trip. So no ticket necessary for a 3 year old who was 2 on the first day of a package vacation or resort stay.
    This is also useful information so thanks for sharing. She is way too worried and thinks because she will be getting a bday button for her dd that a cm would question this as well (even though her actual birthday is after our days in DLR). I think all the feedback from frequent visitors should make her feel better. Thanks again!

• Indiana Scott

Years ago my brother (here after known as "The Rat") brought his then 7 yo daughter and jammed her into a stroller trying to pass her off as 2. The CM questioned him on the enormous toddler and the Rat started threatening to sue (whom I have no idea). The CM's supervisor came and wanted the rat to extricate his "little girl" so she could see how tall she was. More words flew and the supervisor finally let them in. So now my nieces first memory of DL is an argument and the kids learned that it's OK to lie if it saves you money.
    Nice huh?

Forgot to mention, The rat got in free with a Press Pass he "borrowed" from a real journalist at the TV/radio station he worked at.
    Last edited by ScottG; 05-19-2012 at 01:49 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast