Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: Mater's Junkyard Jamboree Test Ride

You know, I liked Mater in the first Cars movie. But by the time Cars 2 came around, I had enough of him, and the fact that Cars 2 was focused mainly on showcasing Mater's annoying stupidity didn't help matters. Top that off with the fact that I loathe country music, this is going to be unfortunate. Unfortunate because the ride itself is probably fun, but the overdone Mater thing will be intolerable.

• I love that tiny bear!

I'm excited about the ride because I've never been on the old-style whip rides! But wait...is it Mater singing? I'm already not a fan of country, but that could take it over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
    I'm excited about the ride because I've never been on the old-style whip rides! But wait...is it Mater singing? I'm already not a fan of country, but that could take it over the top.
    What did you expect lol. Im listening to the song radiator springs right now, its NOT horrible, but larry doesnt annoy me

I can tolerate Mater if necessary. I'll be sure to go on MJJ - and did you hear anything about the Flying Tires that seem to be a base breaker for the DLR fanbase at the moment?

• film975

Not a big fan of Larry the Cable Guy either. But his voice is perfect for a character like Mater. I've been watching a lot of Cars 2 lately. I really don't know why. I think it's a very entertaining movie. Probably the best part in the movie is when Mater starts to question himself. My favorite Mater line from the first Cars is when he tells Lighting that he owes him $32,000 in legal fees. I laugh every time I hear it.

• Banned User

It is sad that as a culture we've reached a point where Larry the Cable Guy gets memorialized in a theme park attraction. He's not funny, he's fake. Thumbs down. Even if the ride is fun, a good portion of guests should be disgusted merely by his presence.

But I guess +1 for not picking Carlos Mencia.

• Banned User

Wow!! What a bunch of overly sophisticated kill joys who are TOO superior to enjoy something with a middle America country flavor to it. I always feel so sorry for people like this when i meet them. Particularly that last post was beyond ridiculous.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

ouch
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^I dont mind him....but I can see how he could be annoying for too long............and to be honest this country it filled with some talented people...and he got famous for talking like a redneck...to many that's not as special as some of the great actors and singers in this world who have yet to be in a Disney theme park...yet he is

• Banned User

I think it's very promising that one of the secondary Cars Land rides seems to be a very good one. With all the focus on RSR, the other two rides have been a little overlooked. But if they're all good -- not just the big high profile E Ticket -- then Cars Land could turn out to be the home run that we're all hoping for.

Fingers crossed.

• Shifting cargo

I cannot even begin to describe my intense, burning excitement to walk in Carsland this summer. It's going to be the place to be. Boy, I can hardly wait!

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfann121 View Post
    I think it's very promising that one of the secondary Cars Land rides seems to be a very good one. With all the focus on RSR, the other two rides have been a little overlooked. But if they're all good -- not just the big high profile E Ticket -- then Cars Land could turn out to be the home run that we're all hoping for.

Fingers crossed.
    Well they are overlooked mainly because A. There is no mystery to them. I mean you know exactly what you're getting just by looking at them and B. As well dressed up as they are, for most people they still just look like carnival rides, just well souped up ones!

I'm *a little* excited about them, but it is hard to get jazzed up for two rides that will probably have 1+ hour lines and basically be a 2 mins of an experience of stuff I rode all my life. Yeah LFT is different, but its still nothing but a cooler version of bumper cars. I actually was excited for it until the problems started coming up online. I still plan to ride them both, but its more out of curisoity and because they are new than any true excitement like RSR!

As for as Larry the Cable guy I never even heard of him until AFTER the first Cars movie. Want to make it worse, I had no idea he was the one who voiced Mater until a year ago! And other than the CARS movie and a commercial I seen him in, I have not seen him in anything else. Nothing! So I can only base it from the Cars movies and I think he's really funny in it! He does the character justice. OF COURSE Cars 2 they went overboard and turned it into the Mater show which was too much, but I do enjoy the character in general. I think the backlash is coming from the fact Mater has seem to now be the face of the franchise. But I do understand why the character is popular!

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by John Goodman View Post
    It is sad that as a culture we've reached a point where Larry the Cable Guy gets memorialized in a theme park attraction. He's not funny, he's fake. Thumbs down. Even if the ride is fun, a good portion of guests should be disgusted merely by his presence.
    Bingo.

Like the sound of fingernails on a chalkboard, Tiny Tim's "Tiptoe thru the Tulips," the screech of the giant ants in Them, dual F14 afterburners 100 feet away with no earplugs, the death scream of my rebuilt tranny as my idiot brother-in-law redlined my 289 Mustang and popped the clutch in reverse, any one of the Jonas brothers as his fingers are broken, my sister in 1966 when she saw Davy Jones in person, the shotglass I accidentally dropped down the garbage disposal last night, my 8th grade teacher Mrs. Platnovitch yelling "CLAAAAASSSS!!!", Miley Cyrus singing "99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall," my other idiot brother-in-law's dog Wedgie when a cat bit him on the nose, my Aunt Brenda screaming when she won $2,500 in the lotto, ten Piccolo Petes going off at once, Eliza Doolittle breathing helium, and being trapped on a desert island with nothing to listen to but one CD of bagpipes music, a little Larry the Cable Guy goes a long way.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Certified in everything

Quote Originally Posted by John Goodman View Post

But I guess +1 for not picking Carlos Mencia.
    Funny is relative. It's okay not to like the guy personally (I don't), but let's not get a culture war going here. If he doesn't hurt anyone and makes people laugh, he's fine by me.

That having been said, I think the music for this area may bug me. However, I have to admit that Mater's songs could not be a more perfect fit in the grand scheme of the attraction.
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

OMG I thought I was the only one that didn't stand Larry the Cable guy for more than 5 minutes...
    I respect his job but if this attraction is full of his voice repeatedly I will probably skip it.

Wait a minute... so Larry also does the boarding english and spanish spiels?
    If yes that will be waaaay wayyy wayyy to much

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast