Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

• Banned User

Re: Mater's Junkyard Jamboree Test Ride

The original version of MJJ was described as an OUTDOOR style darkride. It was always going to be outdoors. The original concept looked fantastic.

• Non-Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ssmatik View Post
    After hearing it a few times I'm sure it will just become part of the "stuck in my head" songs that happen as you move about the parks.
    funny story about something like this...

Took my daughter to DL one day and a few days later I had a baseball game...wouldn't you know it, everytime I went up to bat I had a song from Pinocchio stuck in my head! No matter what I tried it wouldn't go away.

Ironically I had 3 walks, a double, 3 stolen bases, 2 rbi's and 2 runs scored

Thanks Pinocchio!
    "If you were thinking, you wouldn't have thought that"

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by christianAdam View Post
    True, it was more of a sidenote regarding the people that were bashing on the dude for whatever reason. In this cynical, and heavily sarcastic world its kind of sad to see someone who has a good heart and good intentions be raked over the coals because "he sounds annoying"

oh and the song that is played doesn't sound THAT bad, reminds me of Benny Hill and the Hillbilly's or the Country Bear Jamboree. I'm excited for this!
    I can't sing...its not my talent in this world....I would not be mad if people found my voice annoying in a theme park because no one is GOOD at everything.

I'm sure HE is not a bad guy but "Maters" accent is making fun of people...while the Country Bars were not trying to make fun more like..have fun with the music. In the end of the day its each there own....I'll just stay away from the area and its because of of his voice, I don't "hate" the guy but his voice is not what I'd listen to in my free time

Just to comment on the "carnival style" rides in Carsland mentioned earlier:

I personally feel that the aestethic natire of the exterior as well as the motion of these rides were very intelligently selected to add a level of immersion not to not only the experience of the ride itself, but Carsland as well. The "dumb fun" nature of MJJ wonderfully meshes with the junkyard hoedown theming of the ride. Luiguis on the other hand is a pretty unique system that seems to elegantly match the tire shop front.

Its what sets the "carnival rides" at Fantasyland apart from an actual carnival. The Tea Cups underline the madness of Alice in Wonderland while the bog standard carousel becomes an icon of elegance in the center of Fantasyland.

If someone can't tell A Bugs Land and Carsland apart, I don't know what to say.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzotigger View Post
    I don't understand comparing concept art to the end result. Concept art is always gonna be way cooler.
    I sincerely hope you are wrong about that.

• Banned User

Yes, the carnival style rides in Fantasyland are wonderful. But, they are anchored by many upper level, non carnival style attractions. That makes all the difference. I dont mind well themed carnival style attractions for small children, I just dont want them to be 2/3rds of a land. Fantasyland has matterhorn, Small World, Peter Pan, etc.....

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by christianAdam View Post
    oh and the song that is played doesn't sound THAT bad, reminds me of Benny Hill and the Hillbilly's or the Country Bear Jamboree. I'm excited for this!
    I believe it IS Billy Hill and the Hillbillies... at least that's what a few posters around here have said.

• Workin to live,lovin life

What's funny for me is I'm definitely not a Larry the Cable Guy fan, but I am a Mater fan. Probably because I prefer the idiot redneck sidekick over a redneck comedian.

Quote Originally Posted by ChurroMan View Post
    Just to comment on the "carnival style" rides in Carsland mentioned earlier:

I personally feel that the aestethic natire of the exterior as well as the motion of these rides were very intelligently selected to add a level of immersion not to not only the experience of the ride itself, but Carsland as well. The "dumb fun" nature of MJJ wonderfully meshes with the junkyard hoedown theming of the ride. Luiguis on the other hand is a pretty unique system that seems to elegantly match the tire shop front.

Its what sets the "carnival rides" at Fantasyland apart from an actual carnival. The Tea Cups underline the madness of Alice in Wonderland while the bog standard carousel becomes an icon of elegance in the center of Fantasyland.

If someone can't tell A Bugs Land and Carsland apart, I don't know what to say.
    Nobody is disputing that, they were extremely beautifully done with lots of thought, details, story, and design put in to them. However (for the third time) the thing I think is unfortunate about them is that they are too similar to a large part of the rides already found at the park. Not in execution but in ride experience. Theme a spinning ride as elaborately as you may, its still not an outdoor darkride. I didn't really need for them to do that type of ride in a better way when there were already plenty of them. I just feel like it was an opportunity to do something different, especially when I see they came up such cool concepts.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Definition of Disney Hell: waiting an hour in line for Mater's Junkyard Jamboree with Pee Wee Herman in front of you and Gilbert Gottfried behind you.
    OMG that was laugh out loud funny. LITERALLY!
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by theeighthpassenger View Post
    I just feel like it was an opportunity to do something different, especially when I see they came up such cool concepts.
    That's what a lot of people have said about The Little Mermaid. They had an opportunity to do something different -- but didn't. Not something huge, expensive and E-Ticket, but something ingenious. Instead we get what has been the hallmark of much of WDI's work at the DLR in the years since Indiana Jones... stuff that ranges from "that's nice" to "meh."
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567