Add Merida to 'Small World?'

If "Brave" does well, I wouldn't mind if they added Merida to the Scotland section of Small World. I was on the fence initially about adding Disney characters to the attraction, but I've come around to enjoying their presence, and the Scotland area is so barren now that it would be nice to have something else to enjoy there.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Add Merida to 'Small World?'

Really....I would not be against it but you will find many against the whole...adding characters to the ride...while to me it never really added anything to the ride...it did not take anything away either so if the character fits...I'm up for adding more

I think merida is a great representation for scotland and its history. I really don't see the problem with the addition of the characters. They either add something for some or do nothing for everyone else. If someone is so dense that the characters significantly distract from the experience enough to complain about...well I don't know what to say.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• A Happy Haunt

The Haunted Mansion in New Orleans Square

This would be really cute. And the three bears too :3
    But I agree we need to have a limit and not have the place completely crawling with Disney characters.
    If would like to join our jamboree there's a simple rule that's compulsory. Mortals pay a token fee. Rest in peace, the haunting's free; so hurry back, we would like your company!

• Minion

I think even if the movie doesn't do that well, as long as it isn't an embarrassment, she should be in Small World. She's a great representation of a specific culture and it's well-woven throughout the entire movie that to not put her in would be a big shame.

• Shifting cargo

I wouldn't really mind if they added her. Then again, if the movie does poorly, her addition will mainly be a reminder of its failure every time you pass her.

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

• -

I would actually rather remove characters than add them. The ride is supposed to be a message of peace sung by the world's children. It is not supposed to be a game of find the hidden Disney character in an attempt to promote the brand.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Don't add ANY characters to "It's a Small World" and remove the ones that are there.

"It's a Small World" is more Disney than Disney. The characters are an abomination.