Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Re: One Year left until we "Supposedly" get Mr. Lincoln back

At DL's Walt Disney Story, there were 2 of his offices on display.

Only one was shipped to Florida, but it NEEDS to be RETURNED!

One office was for his private use, and one was used for when he
    had guests. For the 50th Display, the room with the 2nd office window was covered. Does anyone have confirmation whether the 2nd office is
    still back there?

• Thurl,gone,not forgotten

Well if they did replace it.How about an animatronic Walt Disney.At least add Walt to the office set.
    Last edited by UncleTheodore; 12-27-2005 at 11:54 PM.

• Minion

Disney has been getting away from "traditional" AAs .. with the much cheaper "Monsters Inc, Pooh," puppatronics ...... that a fully funtional AA will be a REFRESHING appearance in DL! Once again.

I do wish they could get away from the cheap "scizzor/bee" sounds .. and go for the "GRAND"scope the original 1965-1983 show had.

Who was that voice - Royo Dano or something like that?? SOOO much more convincing.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTheodore
    Well if they did replace it.How about an animatronic Walt Disney.At least add Walt to the office set.
    Oh man.. that'd be a little too weird. Has an animatronic of Walt ever been made?

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    I thought the Abe that was up there before the 50th exhibit/film was a newer generation animatronic and not the original anymore? I'm not sure, but I thought I had read that somewhere? If he is, then maybe theyre actually showing the real original at the Henry Ford Museum and not the one that may or may not be hiding behind that curtain.
    The one at the Henry Ford Museum is the original one (in the nude, minus the face and hand skins) from the 1964-1965 World's Fair. Shipping crate used to send him to the fair is on display as well.

I went to the exhibit during the opening weekend -- definately a must-see!
    -Tim

• Sector Two Droid Repair

I hear they are going to replace Lincoln with a virtual reality Lincoln experience. In it they will upload Lincoln directly to your brain so you are completely immerged in everything that is Lincoln and the civil war. You will actually BE Lincoln during the experience.

Of course, that rumor could have come from a book I read recently.
    http://www.endorexpress.net/
    Disneyland - It's better than drugs.

• Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by phruby
    I hear they are going to replace Lincoln with a virtual reality Lincoln experience. In it they will upload Lincoln directly to your brain so you are completely immerged in everything that is Lincoln and the civil war. You will actually BE Lincoln during the experience.

Of course, that rumor could have come from a book I read recently.
    Would we be smoking decaffenated crack during this?
    -Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Chernabog
    I'm still expecting the chance they bring Mr. Lincoln back is somewhere between "slim" and "none".
    Why is everyone cynical about this? Have we gotten to to the point where we cannot trust DLR's word that it will return?

I sincerely hope Chernabog's setiments aren't true. I'd like to think that the days have come and gone where TDA would close an attraction, forget about it, and have no adequate replacement (e.g. Subs, Peoplemover/Rocket Rods, etc.). I also don't see the building going by way of WDW's Main Street Cinema and becoming a gift shop. Lincoln returning is the cheapest and most logical solution [ockem's razor, anyone?] for this space. Unless there's a replacement attraction in the works, I cannot fathom seeing such a prime piece of real estate closed down, especially since it's one of the first things people see when they walk into the gate. It may not get high attendance figures, but it's part of the park's heritage.

• Thurl,gone,not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by fastpassmountain
    Have we gotten to to the point where we cannot trust DLR's word that it will return?
    YUP!!

• Animatronic

Since the 50th show will be dated soon, I see no reason why they wouldn't bring back Lincoln. Of course, to appeal to the current generation they'll have to rename the show "That Penny Dude" and have him rap.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Is there any way we can bring the attraction back and keep the museum?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fastpassmountain
    Why is everyone cynical about this? Have we gotten to to the point where we cannot trust DLR's word that it will return?

I sincerely hope Chernabog's setiments aren't true. I'd like to think that the days have come and gone where TDA would close an attraction, forget about it, and have no adequate replacement (e.g. Subs, Peoplemover/Rocket Rods, etc.). I also don't see the building going by way of WDW's Main Street Cinema and becoming a gift shop. Lincoln returning is the cheapest and most logical solution [ockem's razor, anyone?] for this space. Unless there's a replacement attraction in the works, I cannot fathom seeing such a prime piece of real estate closed down, especially since it's one of the first things people see when they walk into the gate. It may not get high attendance figures, but it's part of the park's heritage.
    They should have a show that features and AA Walt Disney & AA Abe Lincoln. Half the show can be for Lincolns story, the other half for Walts.

None the less I just want to see a Wallt AA in the park. Honestly I do. I never met my idol in life, but would like to see what he would look like if I met him in reality. The only way that can be done is if Disney makes an AA of him.

Bring back Abe! Bring back Abe! Bring back Abe!
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• e komo mai

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin
    At DL's Walt Disney Story, there were 2 of his offices on display.

Only one was shipped to Florida, but it NEEDS to be RETURNED!
    Also, when they shipped off one of his offices, they left the sign up that said, 'Walt Disney's Offices'. But there was only one office at the time. Oy. Someone needs to check on things like that...

I don't think they're going to bring back the 2nd office, but I think they'll bring back Abe. Guests are patriotic enough to make a stink about it if it went to Yesterland...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Well like I said, I think the should replace Abe and have an AA Walt Disney talk about his life. That I will personally love to see.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast