Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: One Year left until we "Supposedly" get Mr. Lincoln back

I think seeing an animatronic of Walt might be a little creepy. I mean, if you're 70 years old and talking about the time you met walt right there on Mainstreet and then you see Walt, in 2007 (just a sample date), right there on Mainstreet,
    Heart failure might be imminent.

Besides, do you think an animatronic of Walt could ever live up to the real thing? Of course not. It wouldn't be the same.

I understand you wanting to meet your Idol, but you wouldn't be.

While it'd be nice to have Walt walking around the park again, having a fake one isn't helping anything. It'd just be creating an illusion that the physical walt is still among us. Sadly he's not. Walt is With us in spirit, and that should be enough. I know it is for me. I don't ever feel like I haven't met him.

Besides, do you think Disney would be willing to shell out the money ?

Yensidtlaw1969

Quote Originally Posted by Escapé
    I do wish they could get away from the cheap "scizzor/bee" sounds .. and go for the "GRAND"scope the original 1965-1983 show had.

Who was that voice - Royo Dano or something like that?? SOOO much more convincing.
    I agree wholeheartedly. Royal Dano was Abraham Lincoln. The pastiche of speeches had more relevance. The set with the Capitol worked better. And, the music was more inspiring.

Furthermore, the Proximity Audio system is just gimmicky and detracting.

I think it may be worthwhile for Disney to develop in the future a new show that is a little grander in scope and that does not rely so heavily on the Lincoln figure.

Quote Originally Posted by yensidtlaw1969
    I think seeing an animatronic of Walt might be a little creepy. I mean, if you're 70 years old and talking about the time you met walt right there on Mainstreet and then you see Walt, in 2007 (just a sample date), right there on Mainstreet,
    Heart failure might be imminent.

Besides, do you think an animatronic of Walt could ever live up to the real thing? Of course not. It wouldn't be the same.

While it'd be nice to have Walt walking around the park again, having a fake one isn't helping anything. It'd just be creating an illusion that the physical walt is still among us. Sadly he's not. Walt is With us in spirit, and that should be enough. I know it is for me. I don't ever feel like I haven't met him.
    I disagree. An Animatronic visualization of Walt Disney is one of the best ways The Walt Disney Company could memorialize him.

A show of some sort involving Walt Disney is a great opportunity, but I do not think the Disneyland Opera House is the best location for such a thing.

• pronounced, Casey Jr. 1

I hope it comes back, but watch, It wont now that we're all talking about it. They always give the good stuff to DWorld

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yensidtlaw1969
    Well what I mean was that he take over the Abe Lincoln AA in the Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Show. Or maybe there can be a show for Walt in the innovations building. You know there can be several revovling scenes. One stage scene can be about Walts childhood, then the second stage scene can be about Walt going to War in WWI and how he got into drawing cartoons, 3rd stage can be about Walt and the Hyperion studios, 4th stage can be aqbout Walt & the Disney studios, then the 5th stage can be about Disneyland and Walts future ambitions before he died. Then after that can be a short and touching film tribute to Walt Disney.

Sure there might not have been 5 stages when america Sings or The Carousel of Progress resided in that building, but it sure as heck would be awsomely better than "Innovations".

The AA may not be the real Walt Disney obviously, but I would still be interested in how it would look.

• Wonderful World

I would think they would bring it back.The newer Lincoln wasn't around for very long till they replaced it with the 50th show.I highly doubt that they would replace a classic with the 50th show.After seeing that show twice I was bored of it
    I'm back MiceChat

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by painted windows
    I would think they would bring it back.The newer Lincoln wasn't around for very long till they replaced it with the 50th show.I highly doubt that they would replace a classic with the 50th show.After seeing that show twice I was bored of it
    If they replaced a Disneyland Classic, Carousel of Progress, I do not see why Disney would have a hard time making the decision to replace Licoln unfortunatly .

• Thurl,gone,not forgotten

if they get rid of him they should donate him to either the Lincoln museum in Illinois or the Smithsonian for exhibition.

They should put a young outdoor AA Abe at the log cabin on sawyer island chopping firewood.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTheodore
    if they get rid of him they should donate him to either the Lincoln museum in Illinois or the Smithsonian for exhibition.

They should put a young outdoor AA Abe at the log cabin on sawyer island chopping firewood.
    Or to the Lincolns birthplace/boyhood home national state park here in Kentucky

• ...TWO BITS!

I say they will bring him back. The CM i talked to said they would. They have to. Abe is a historical figure and Disney can't replace it. They actaully HAVE to show it.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I say bring Honest Abe back.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Is there any way we can bring the attraction back and keep the museum?
    I like this idea!

Hmm...it might not exactly fit where it's currently located now, though...I can't think of a good location at this moment, you got any suggestions?

• Haunted Mansion Holiday

i think they should make the 50th show onto a DVD because my mom and I love seeing it. Also they should bring Abe back

And to someone's comment on a rapping Abe. Yea lets have him rap everything

i went to disneyland today and a castmember at the 50 magical years exhibit said that disney decided to keep the exhibit an extra year!
    Currently at DreamWorks Animation SKG

Former Disneyland Adventureland Castmember
    [Skipper & Archaeologist]

• Animatronic

An extra year with no Abe!

Disney probably needs the extra time to figure out how to retheme Abe to a Pixar film.

The technical problems with glueing fins on him and calling it "Great Moments with Crush" are no doubt quite duanting.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast