Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• that's right!

Re: One Year left until we "Supposedly" get Mr. Lincoln back

I don't know why it wouldn't come back. I'm sure he's sitting behind the screen that the Steve Martin thing plays on. It's probably a week's worth of work to take it down, including re-doing the marquee and all of the interior things.

I would like to hear the word "replace" as little as possible in regards to DL.

Doesn't seem to turn out well very often...

• Banned User

Personally, I'd rather see Steve Martin fight with Donald Duck than watch Mr. Lincoln give his entire speech bent at the waist and looking at his knees...

The last time I was at Mr. Lincoln was about 11 pm in April 1989. We took a red eye and we were tired and cold so we went in the theater to relax before the bus picked us up. Sat thru about 4 showings before they asked us to make room for other guests (there wasn't anyone else in the theater!).

But, as I mentioned, the animatronics were obviously needing refurb because Abe had some serious issues.

Other than that, however, we need something new in there... Abe's time has expired. I never thought it was that good to begin with... Why do you all want to go to the mattresses to get him back?

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's Return
    i think they should make the 50th show onto a DVD because my mom and I love seeing it. Also they should bring Abe back
    They should put the 50th movie onto the 50th movie Disney has been delaying for 6 months now. Maybe that's what they're doing?

Abe, Tiki, Castle, and Matterhorn all have to stay put because they are historical figures/monuments. Abe=first human AA (i think), Tiki=first AA show, Castle=do i really have to explain?, and Matterhorn= world's first tubular roller coaster.

I would love to see a Walt AA. Whoever said it's not right and we should remember him in spirit, how do you explain keeping a Abe AA? Hmm? Perhaps they can put Walt AA in the Main Street Cinema. OR design the Main Street Opera House to switch off Abe and Walt show with each other. It'd be awesome to see Walt AA say the DL opening day speech and other recordings of him. Just ideas to toss out there...

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Needs the smell of summer

The Abe show is pretty stale ,IMHO, but I can't really see them putting anything better in there.

A Walt AA, Lincoln AA, doesn't matter to me, just as long as he doesn't breath in my ear. That gives me the heeby jeebies!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234