Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

One Year left until we "Supposedly" get Mr. Lincoln back

Well, the 18 month long celebration is 10 months from being over leaving the question "Will they bring back Mr. Lincoln?". The 50 Magical Years exhibit is viewed as a temporary attraction that was only slated for the celebration itself. No one really knows if Mr. Lincoln will come back seeing as it is not an inspiration or exciting to our newer generation of audience today. Who knows, maybe they will bring back, maybe "Walt: One Man's Dream" in Florida will close and return Walt's original office back to our Main Street. One thing I do know is that they said they will bring it back as soon as the celebration is over but that can also be overlooked seeing as Walt's office was said to return after the 100th celebration was over but was never retrieved. It's pretty much 50/50 right now, but I hope one of Walt's favorite attractions returns unharmed and stays for good.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• A Pirate's life for me!

Re: One Year left until we "Supposedly" get Mr. Lincoln back

Let's keep our fingers crossed...

I hope they bring him back.

It is the best place in the park to catch a good nap.....

Just kidding, I want Abe and Walt's office back!
    BRYANT - MEGADISNEY
    Owner/Travel Advisor - Magical Partners Travel
    Walt Disney Company Stockholder
    D23 Charter Member

• Know More Than You Should

I would hope they would bring it back.

I still say, let's make the 50th film into a DVD. I mean, it's just a film anyway, right? Just toss it onto a DVD, through in a few interviews and an exibit photo gallery for good measure, instant DVD!

Yeah.

Anyway, I do hope they bring back Lincoln, although especially under the new management I do think it will come back. After all, they went out of their way to say that Lincoln would return, why break that promise? How long Lincoln will stay there after his return is a question though. We'll just have to see what happens.

Well, you have to think about this.

Walt's office is still there. It's just right behind those displays. All they have to do when it's over, is take away those walls and exhibits and voila, his office. Mr. Lincoln is also still there. He's just behind those curtains. I mean, you look at the top of the theatre and it still has the Golden American Eagle symbol. If they expected to take Mr. Lincoln out, wouldn't they have taken that symbol out and replaced it with, I don't know...a Disney "D" or Tinker Bell, or something along those lines, during those few months the Opera House was closed? It wouldn't make any sense and not ideal to have a whole stage and theatre where they only use two feet of it for the film screen.

I truly believe that Mr. Lincoln will return. Not only is it essential to Disneyland/world history (The first human Audio-Animatronic), but it's also one of Walt's favorite historical figures.

The contents of Walts office are on display at WDW.

Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln "Under New Management" that would be SCARY!!!
    BRYANT - MEGADISNEY
    Owner/Travel Advisor - Magical Partners Travel
    Walt Disney Company Stockholder
    D23 Charter Member

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by DLResident
    Mr. Lincoln is also still there. He's just behind those curtains.
    Then who's that guy in Michigan?!
    Behind the Magic: 50 Years of Disneyland®
    September 30, 2005 - January 1, 2006
    Henry Ford Museum Exhibit Gallery

Have you ever seen tomorrow today?
    He did, and you will... at the world premiere exhibit Behind the Magic – 50 Years of Disneyland® exclusively at Henry Ford Museum. For the first time in history, see how Walt Disney's visionary creation was born, how it grew and, feel the moments and memories they have held for you.
    An amazing collection of artifacts, never-before-seen original artwork, models, drawings, character sculptures, photographs and more!
    • Step aboard authentic Fantasy Land vehicles from Peter Pan's Flight® and Mr. Toad's Wild Ride®
    • View up close Disney's first Audio-Animatronic® figure, Abraham Lincoln
    • Experience the magic behind The Haunted Mansion®, Toontown®, Space Mountain®, It's a Small World®, The Jungle Cruise and more!
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• I'm your huckleberry.

I hope they bring Mr. Lincoln back. That was one of my daughter's favorite things at Disneyland! She shares her birthday with Abe and thus loves all things Abe-related.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

•   
    • Minion

I hope they bring Abe back, and restore it's origninal soundtrack too...
    Check out my other blog:

• Earth Intruder

I'm still expecting the chance they bring Mr. Lincoln back is somewhere between "slim" and "none".
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• Jacob <3 Cotton Candy

It would be terrible to not have Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln back at the Good Ol Opera House. It has been one of my long standing traditions to go to that attraction before leaving Disneyland. Even though I hear the same speech over and over again, it is a nice reminder of how proud I am to live in a country that embraces democracy and freedom to express ourselves without fear.

Personally, the present show featuring the makings/beginings of Disneyland is nice the first time, but hardly worth repeating (considering most of the people who do come to disneyland know its history already). Basically the repeatability factor is just not there, hence it is only running for the 50th anniversary year.

Now Lincoln on the other hand is someone that Walt Disney personally looked up to and IMHO demands great respect. I feel that in sharing that common interest that I too am touched with a little bit of Disney magic.

ok.....carry on.....
    Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I just hope he comes back at least for a little while so that I can see the show once.

I don't remember it at all, I don't think my mother ever took me to see it as a child.

Kinda like how I didn't discover the Tiki Room until my teens

That's right. I, pineapplewhipaddict, was dole whip deprived.

Er, sorry.

Yeah, bring back Abe, at least for a little while

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd
    Then who's that guy in Michigan?!
    Behind the Magic: 50 Years of Disneyland®
    September 30, 2005 - January 1, 2006
    Henry Ford Museum Exhibit Gallery

Have you ever seen tomorrow today?
    He did, and you will... at the world premiere exhibit Behind the Magic – 50 Years of Disneyland® exclusively at Henry Ford Museum. For the first time in history, see how Walt Disney's visionary creation was born, how it grew and, feel the moments and memories they have held for you.
    An amazing collection of artifacts, never-before-seen original artwork, models, drawings, character sculptures, photographs and more!
    • Step aboard authentic Fantasy Land vehicles from Peter Pan's Flight® and Mr. Toad's Wild Ride®
    • View up close Disney's first Audio-Animatronic® figure, Abraham Lincoln
    • Experience the magic behind The Haunted Mansion®, Toontown®, Space Mountain®, It's a Small World®, The Jungle Cruise and more!

I thought the Abe that was up there before the 50th exhibit/film was a newer generation animatronic and not the original anymore? I'm not sure, but I thought I had read that somewhere? If he is, then maybe theyre actually showing the real original at the Henry Ford Museum and not the one that may or may not be hiding behind that curtain.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

^ they should have pulled this switch at Ford's Theatre so that Mr. Lincoln could've finished out his Presidency and his life naturally....
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

Thank god, the Mr. Lincoln show was WAY better then the 50th thing with Steve Martin they have running in there currently.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast