Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • MC Director of Sales and Marketing

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Old Annual Pass Rates Available at Discount Tickets and Tours - Limited Time

Hey Micechatters!

Did you not renew or buy your Disneyland annual pass before the prices skyrocketed last Sunday?

Our friends and sponsors at Discount Tickets and Tours have a very special offer where you can still take advantage of the old pricing. The savings are listed below:

So Cal Select Passes:
    Disney's current price: $269
    Our price: $199
    Savings: $70

So Cal Regular Passes:
    Disney's current price: $329
    Our price: $269
    Savings: $60

Deluxe Passes:
    Disney's current price: $469
    Our price: $379
    Savings: $90

Premium Passes:
    Disney's current price: $649
    Our price: $499
    Savings: $150

This offer expires June 8th or when sold out.

Special pricing is available here: Disney® Print @ Home Tickets « Discount Tickets and Tours « Theme Park and Tour Tickets

Be sure to take advantage of this deal while you still can. Save up to $150 per pass!
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

Re: Old Annual Pass Rates Available at Discount Tickets and Tours - Limited Time

My pass does not expire till OCT 1 do you guys think it would be worth it to buy the pass now and just forget about the remaining 3 months of my pass. I have the so call regular pass (i traveled quite a bit this year for went for one of the less expensive passports) so there are lots of block out dates for the remaining months anyways and i am thinking of getting the premium or deluxe pass for this year though.

Also if i buy the pass does it activate for the day i buy it or is it like a voucher and activates the first time i use it. Because if does not activate right away i could buy it and use it on my next plan visit which will be the end of June

• Elven Queen of Caffeine

Re: Old Annual Pass Rates Available at Discount Tickets and Tours - Limited Time

Baloo...as to your first question, I renewed a pass (at the park) on Saturday that didn't expire until July of this year, and the new expiry date is July of next year, but I have to pay for both for the next two months (I'm on the payment plan). So I'd say its likely that you'll be able to keep your October expiry even if you buy a pass now. =)

•   
      MiceChat Moderator

Blog Entries

This seems really convenient because you do it online.

Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

We currently have annual passes now. They exp next yr at the end of Feb 2013. Can we buy new annual pass and use them as a renewal? Or should we just forget about it? When is the last day for activation?

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Baloo and dbay, it is a Gift Voucher you are buying - it activates the first day that you (or the recipient) use it for entry into the parks, and runs 365 days from then. But read the back, the ones out there now must be activated by 12/31/12.

Presumably the vouchers don't turn into pumpkins on 1/1/13, they just start the clock on the expiration date. Use it in Feb 13, and the AP expiration date will run through 12/31/13

People who just re-upped earlier this year are in a bit of a no-mans land - if your existing AP expires in Feb, Mar, April you might be much better off financially to buy the gift AP voucher now and activate it before 12/31 and "throw out" a month or two worth of time to save the huge price bump - or wait till December and then see if it's close enough at that time (40-day or 60-day window, we're getting conflicting reports) to apply the gift voucher credit as a renewal to your existing pass. Or at least stop the clock on that expiration date.

Either way, I'd get a Gift Voucher now while you can, then call Guest Relations near the end of the year and see if your options have changed. They have quite a bit of flexibility on how to apply the credits, so they might be able to move back the expiration date of the voucher by then and allow you to use it as a full renewal in February. (Consider that they've had the money pre-paid and interest free for almost eight months by then - that gives you a little leverage.) Or you lose a little AP time (by moving your renewal date) to gain a lot of financial advantage.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Thank you Bruce!

De nada - Mine expires 12/31/12, so buying a Gift Voucher now was the only sane way. Wait and get the $20 renewal bonus on a $649 pass (total $629) just to get the payment plan again, or prepay for a $499 pass. Durrrrr.....

For that kind of money I can take it out of savings. And you can factor out the cost of a new pass at old rates versus old pass renewal at new rates - $629 /12 = $52.42 a month. $499 /12 = $41.58 a month. Roughly $11 difference ($10.84) per month.

Even if the worst happens that they won't be flexible with the dates at all, giving up two full months on the expiration (by starting a new pass at 12/31/12) would lose you $83 instead of the AP Renewal at the new rates losing you $129 after the $20 renewal credit. BUT in the last week of December it's more than likely close enough to the 60-day window for them to apply credit from the new vouchers as a renewal of your old passes, and keep the 2/28 expiration, and there's the potential Big Win.

Even the middle to end of March expiration AP holders might be better to try this maneuver, but that would be the bitter end - besides, it's past the 60-day window.

It's passes expiring out into April of 2013 that would start to lose big under that logic, you'd throw away more time than you saved money. Either bite the bullet and pay the new rate, or decide if they've Jumped The Shark for your budget on the prices, drop your AP ( GASP! ) and cut back to visiting once or twice a year at day-ticket rates till they come to their senses.

EDIT: And if Disney was smart and wanted to discourage AP Holders and their "All You Can Eat" mentality, they could bring back the old "After 5 PM" discount admission tickets at a pro-rated price that would satisfy the "just for a couple of hours..." crowd. Just like in the old days with Ticket Books where you could buy just an Admission Ticket alone and go in for an evening of shopping dining and watching the bands and the Fireworks. The individual Land ticket booths were always available inside if you suddenly decided to go on a ride anyway.

--<< Bruce >>--
    Last edited by Bruce Bergman; 05-24-2012 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Added last paragraph

Can anyone confirm that the vouchers for purchase by the OP don't expire until 12/31/12? It doesn't actually say anything on the website when purchasing about when they expire, so I want to verify before taking the plunge.

They told me about the "Activate by 12/31/12" restriction when I called Disneyland Guest Relations - Ticketing on the Saturday afternoon before the big increase and bought mine.

--<< Bruce >>--
    Last edited by Dustysage; 05-30-2012 at 09:24 AM.

• socal native

Just called on these. The girl I spoke with said the price on the website is wrong for the premium. It should be $549, not $499 as seen. Still a $100 discount though.

Hmmm... it seemed like it was going to let me checkout for $499? Who did you call? Disneyland or Discount Tickets and Tours?

Hi Everyone,

I just purchased a new set of annual passes at the old prices at AAA. If you are an AAA member prices are cheaper. They are e-ticket you must redeem them before 12/31/2012 at the resort turnstile. Once they have been scanned you will receive a standard ticket for processing at the ticket booth during your 1st visit.

I just bought the So Cal Regular Pass: for $261 each.(regularly $269 - and now $329 with the increase) this lets you in for 215 days out of the year. We don't need to go that many times. We will redeem 12/31/2012, since we already have annual passes that will expired end of Feb. 2013.

I would hurry to AAA - they don't know when Disney will update their system to the new price. - Good luck

So Cal Select Passes:
    Disney's current price: $269
    Our price: $199 – (didn’t really check - at AAA probably $189)
    Savings: $70

So Cal Regular Passes:
    Disney's current price: $329
    Our price: $269 – at AAA is $261
    Savings: $60

Deluxe Passes:
    Disney's current price: $469
    Our price: $379 - at AAA is $369
    Savings: $90

Premium Passes:
    Disney's current price: $649
    Our price: $499 - $489
    Savings: $150

Annual Passholder "block out" ticket: $70 ($11 increase).
    Parking $129 ($29 increase).

•   
      MiceChat Moderator

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dlandclub33 View Post
    Isn't it against micechat policy to post links to buy scalper tickets since its against Disneys Rule? If it is a little hypocritical don't you think?

P.S. Just a thought could be wrong, don't know there affiliation with Disney.
    They are a Disney partner and they work with Disney all of the time. MiceChat is very careful about the companies we affiliate with. Discount Tickets and Tours is a trusted organization.

I hope that addresses your concerns.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJenn View Post
    They are a Disney partner and they work with Disney all of the time. MiceChat is very careful about the companies we affiliate with. Discount Tickets and Tours is a trusted organization.

I hope that addresses your concerns.
    sounds good! Just making sure, as I said before I didn't know but thanks! Hmm Looks like i might have to renew my pass without them!

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast