Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Some rides we don't like, but we ride them anyway :)

Just wondering if anybody has the same experience as I have had with the Mad Tea Party...
    not a fan at all of spinning or the ride in general, but at the same time, it has always been in existence since I was alive, and so it is an important part of the park to me and I would never want them to touch it.
    I don't even particularily enjoy riding it, but it's one of those things where if I go with a friend who really enjoys it, that makes the whole experience better.

So, is there any ride (or show) in DL or DCA that you just really can't stand, but you

-ride it anyway for the sake of someone who loves it?
    -don't ride it but wouldn't want it bulldozed?

• Elven Queen of Caffeine

Re: Some rides we don't like, but we ride them anyway :)

Mickey's Fun Wheel is mine. I HATE Ferris Wheels - they scare me to death. But I'll go on it when I'm with someone who enjoys it. Plus its kind of the icon of DCA, so I wouldn't want them to bulldoze it either. =)

Small World fits this for me.
    397 or 406 miles too far from DLR, depending on who you ask...

• Bring back the Keelboats!

I really don't care much for Pinocchio, but the grands want to go on EVERYTHING so we ride it with them.

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• Mischievous Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by LadyNimrodelle View Post
    Mickey's Fun Wheel is mine. I HATE Ferris Wheels - they scare me to death. But I'll go on it when I'm with someone who enjoys it. Plus its kind of the icon of DCA, so I wouldn't want them to bulldoze it either. =)
    I won't ride the Mickey wheel (or ANY ferris wheels)

I don't like being stopped up there.

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

I hate, hate, hate Autopia. But my youngest (who is now 16) loves it so we've always had to go on it.

I'm hoping since he'll have his license soon he won't want to ride it when we're there in June.

(fingers crossed!)

But, don't bulldoze it--it's been there since I can remember and I don't want it gone for some reason.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I guess for me it would be Buzz....to me it's just got nothing special since the Anamatonics are bland and I think Toy Story does the game part better...I'd rather see another ride there

• Insomniac

Nemo subs for me. I usually ride them but the Nemo stuff is WAY to forced IMO. I would never want it to to the way of WDW's subs but the ride is lacking.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Disneyland History Lover

I tend to stick to the attractions that I prefer, but I occasionally will ride something I am not a huge fan of if it has been a long time since I have ridden. Winnie the Pooh, Roger Rabbit, Alice In Wonderland, Mad Tea Party, the Nemo Subs, and Autopia fall into that category.

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

There's actually a lot of rides I don't like or don't enjoy all that much. Now I'm not saying they'd all get an F on a grading scale, it's just I prefer different rides (or experiences) instead of these ones. Also, I go to the resort about twice a month and they're usually half a day trips so I naturally skip most of these anyway but other people in my group may like one of these and I'll go on it just for them.

Tea Cups (not a fan of spinning rides)
    Small World (just WAY too long and getting off takes forever)
    Peter Pan (way too long of a line for Fantasyland's shortest attraction)
    Haunted Mansion (I love the ride but getting on it is such a drag from the line, to the pre-elevator, to the elevator, to the hallway)
    Tower of Terror (same problem with Haunted Mansion, too many "pres" before the actual ride)
    World of Color (too much hassle just to see a freakin' show)
    Aladdin (I've honestly have just seen it too many times now, that's all)

As you can see, most of my problems have to deal with some sort of issue with time. Most attractions at DLR you can get on and off of quickly, but some of these just hold up the day and are often unforseeable how much time it'll actually take on that instance. For example, after the library in Tower of Terror, I've gone from there then straight to an elevator and there's been times where I walked out the door and the line stretched out all the way down the hall which results in another 25 minutes of waiting usually not calculated on the wait time board outside.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^you seem to be in too much of rush....HM is suppose to be an experience not just go on the ride...and get off. From the Q to the pre show to ride to the mirrors at the end....that's the ride.

• "What? What?"

Tea cups, Storybook Canals, and Dumbo.

One ride I hate and I have NEVER been on... The Carousel. (I hate spinning in circles)
    @FromMatterhorn on Twitter

• formerly very helpful

Please, don't judge me as a parent, but my daughter really likes (Lack of) Innoventions. So there are times I just can't get out of it. However, this is one that I'd love to see bulldozed and replaced with a real attraction. But as soon as she's old enough to go on an attraction like that by herself and not be closely supervised...

• Rock Star Minion

I like the Tower of Terror attraction -- the "pre-show" is imo part of THE show. If it weren't there, I might as well go to Six Flags.

However, I don't like the ride at all. Afterward, I vow never to ride it again. By the time I get back on, though, I've forgotten said vow.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Ewok

Mickey's Wheel of Death i mean Fun... I only ride in the non swinging gondolas if i really really have to.

It's A Small World... I'll only ride of my dad rides with me because he has to make fun of it through the whole ride

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast