View Poll Results: What's a fair price for a parkhopper?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • under $30

1 2.04%
  • $30-$50

1 2.04%
  • $50-$70

9 18.37%
  • $70-$90

15 30.61%
  • $90-$110

15 30.61%
  • $110-$130

8 16.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

What's a Fair Price for a Parkhopper?

If parkhoppers were simply sold by the day, and didn't start at too high a price, and then decrease down to a reasonable amount after 5 days, what should they be?

They start out at $125 a day, and they go down to just $58 a day for 5 days.

My Poll is this.

What is a fair price for a parkhopper?

a. Under $30

b. $30-$50

c. $50-$70

d. $70-$90

e. $90-$110

f. $110-$130

May 11 - 16, 2015

• No Disassemble!

Re: What's a Fair Price for a Parkhopper?

One.. Million.. Dollars!

Name:  dr-evil-one-million-dollars.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  20.6 KB

Jokes aside I choose "D".

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I'd say around 100 is where I think is fair, then 2 day around 150...3 days around 200...etc...I really think what they used to have was SOO much better then what you have to pay now. Mainly cause I think of Disneyland as the main course while DCA is a side dish that suppose cost just a little extra

• "What? What?"

for a 1 day park hopper?
    @FromMatterhorn on Twitter

• Minion

based on other parks pricing and what I value both parks at I voted the 70-90 range. I do like the discount for multiple days though.
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Since Disneyland parkhoppers are now only sold up to the 5 day mark on one ticket, this question is based on what each day should equally cost.

May 11 - 16, 2015

I think the 70-90 range is fair. 125 dollars is too much for a single day in my opinion.

I selected 70-90

I live in Northern California so we have Discovery Kingdom (formally marine world), Santa Cruz Board Walk and Great America within day trip distance of us. We Just planned a family trip to Discovery Kingdom. For 64.99 (54.99 if you purchase in a group of 4 or more and you get a free parking pass!) I can get a season pass !!!! and there are no block out dates, no restrictions and they even let you get people in for free on certain days and have discounts for tickets and in the park purchases. Also to note is 54.99 is the general admin cost! Kids are 37.99 I believe. This to me sounds EXTREMELY REASONABLE and something that a majority of families can afford.

I understand the Six Flags corp and Disney corp are very different, I was just using this a model to show price differences.

•   
    • Seasick

Are you referring to just the one-day option, or the price when buying up to five days? The answer really depends on length of stay, and the pricing reflects this.

For someone who just needs one day, the $125 is fair. One can easily get their money's worth from that in a full day.

The more days one visits, the less each subsequent day is worth to them. I'd pay $125 for one day if that's all I had, but there's no way I'd pay $125 for a fifth day once I've done everything.

So, $125 for one day is fair. For five days, $50-60 per day is fair.

I wonder why they'd not offer six or seven day tickets? I wouln't pay much for a sixth day, but if it costs very little I might take advantage, and they'd get an extra day of food and beverage purchases out of me. This is the logic behind park hoppers at WDW at annual passes, so why stop at five days?

I think the premise/question here is flawed. Prices are based on supply and demand over a five-day period. Hypothetical example: people are willing to pay $125 for the first day, $75 for the second day, $30 for a third day, etc. Prices refelct that model, not so much a "people are willing to pay $50 per day" model.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I disagree that a person who is going for one day should have to pay $125. That is why I brought up the question. I voted the $50-$70 range. I guess in theory, I am against the discount. WDW, and Disneyland both do the same thing. They discount your cost per day, if you choose to go more days. WDW up to 10, and Disneyland up to 5. After that, there is a huge jump to an annual pass. In Disneyland's case, it is about $170 dollars.

May 11 - 16, 2015

• Minion

I would charge $50 for one day, and that gets you into both parks. $139 for 3 days. $200 for one week. But... I would also charge for the most popular attractions, the ones that have a FastPass, you would have to buy a ticket to, or a booklet that gives you one ticket to each. And before I get pounded by the "ticket books were such a hassle" crowd, I was there for years during the ticket book era and it was not a hassle, it was a joy. Tickets are good at any time, while the FastPass system has restrictions. FastPass is much more of a hassle than ticket books ever were. And for annual passes, I would have membership plans instead, with various levels of membership. The cheapest would offer, for example, 5 free days, plus a fee for any additional days you enter once you have used the 5 free days. The most expensive might have 25 free days, and a lower fee for any days once you have used the free days. And there would be no such thing as a "blackout day," you could still use your free days any day of the year. It is not overly complicated; people are smart and can understand memberhips and the benefits of each level.

• Mrs. J. Depp

I'm pretty bummed about the new price hike and think that $125 for a one day park hopper is ludicrous!! Back around Christmas I thought it was even a lot to pay $105 or however much it was. For ONE DAY. And considering that you can't even spend nearly as much time at DCA....it's really unjustifiable. I ended up paying that extra money JUST to ride ToT and I think Screamin which is pretty lousy. I just have to wonder...when is it going to reach the point where it's too much money for a one day park hopper? Because I'd say it's about gettin there.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^well it makes sense since they want you to stay in the park longer....but I mean Id be up for ALL days costing the same but to me if that happened Ticket would need to be like 60...maybe 70 bucks maximum because any higher without a discount would make a 5 day trip almost improbable for most and they want people to stay a week

• Senior Minion

I do think that $125 is expensive, but I also think it's probably going to be about right for the marketplace. I voted $90-110, because I do feel that the price for single day park hoppers is a bit high. But like I said, I think that Disney is probably about right in what they can charge. The reality is that by pricing it higher it makes it seem more valuable.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

DCA is about 60% of the value price of a ticket for DL. Considering the old price of $79 for a day, that'd make a park hopper around $131 in an un-thought out theory. But progressing forward...

Now since one is park hopping, you would be limiting your experience in BOTH parks by crunching down time, thus limitations on the attractions one could experience which should cut the price down some. Saying DCA is only 60% of a park Disneyland is, prices for tickets in my opinion should be:
    Disneyland - $79 (or the new $87)
    DCA - $52 (or a new $60 [which probably wouldn't have a $8 increase by only being 60% of the park DL is but for the sake of the experiment, we'll keep it that way)

Now considering the math model, and from now on the new prices of $87 and the hypothetical $60, slashing in half the potential value in both parks that are now limited on average to half a day, price should come out to -- $73.50.

But there lies the rub! It'd be cheaper to experience both parks instead of just Disneyland. And there's no way to measure if people are actually park hopping. Which means we have to at least charge the $87 but they logic says have them pay a little extra since that seems to make more sense. The old price of $99 was perfect but now there's a new BVS and Cars Land, which bumps up DCAs percentage by a tad.

$109 would be the perfect price for a one day park hopper ticket, in my opinion!

(Surely I'm missing some logic here and my math may be a bit wrong but it was a quick thought)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast