• Workin to live,lovin life

Ratatouiile Attraction and Restaurant in DLR? Any Chance?

I happen to love the movie as well as the ideas that will be brought to DLP's attraction.

My question is, why couldn't they bring both to DLR? Great cuisine, plus an attraction that would compete with Universal's Spider-Man/ Transformers/ Harry Potter.

DLR already has the poor man's version of Pooh Bear so it would be nice to see a trackless attraction. My only hope is that they don't go heavy on the 3D screens. I'm tired of them thanks to Toy Story. Just looking at them just feels lifeless... sterile even.

Thoughts?

I would love it ! Love the movie. I'm not creative enough to come up with a concept but I'd love to read some ideas.

Re: Ratatouiile Attraction and Restaurant in DLR? Any Chance?

I, too, love Remy Where do you think would be a good spot for it in DCA? Only been there once, in the midst of all the construction last year. Perhaps over by Monsters, though I don't know if it would fit thematically.

I would love for them to put the ride at DHS in FL, because that park needs some TLC!
    “Walt Disney is a thing, an image that people have . . . I drink and I smoke and there are a lot of other things I do that don’t fit that image. But that image stands for something, and you don’t have to explain to people what it means.”Walt Disney

Follow me on Twitter at WaltsMartini for Disney Happy Hour at any hour!

• formerly very helpful

While I don't know if I'm crazy about the idea of a Ratatouiile attraction specifically, I have to say that I so agree with your statement about 3D screens. Enough already.

I really wonder how a world class (ie....expensive) French restaurant would do at the Disneyland resort?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PinBrian View Post
    I really wonder how a world class (ie....expensive) French restaurant would do at the Disneyland resort?
    Could definitely see this fitting in around Fantasyland, but I don't think we have the space. It'd be interesting if Autopia or something got replaced with a restaurant instead of a ride, though...

Fantasyland could work, maybe extend Fantasyland into where Tomorrowland Terrace is and transform that into a French restaurant.

However, if we're looking for something Ratatouille themed, maybe an attraction where Captain EO is, a 4D type of attraction that could parallel the movie, like going from the French countryside, through the sewers, into Paris, maybe a motorcycle ride through the city, featuring the smells of French cuisine. This could even work in Innoventions.

• Senior Minion

There have been rumors about a version of the attraction replacing Goofy's Sky School in a few years. Not a huge fan of the idea, but I guess it could work ok. Just seems a very clearly modern story and not a great fit for PP. I think the third gate would be a great potential fit as I think it's more likely to have some international flair. A Parisian/French land with a Hunchback, Ratatouille and Beauty and the Beast attractions could be a cool kind of new Fantasyland for the third gate.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Banned User

Zero chance. Ratatouille is not a "franchise" so it gets very little love from the company. Is the Ratatouille float even coming back to the Pixar Play Parade??

I doubt it very much. It's too french tbh haha. It fits perfectly to Paris.

• Workin to live,lovin life

Without getting into politics, it saddens me that a good portion of the general public (hopefully not that many Micechatters though) would probably hate it just because it's French.

That being said, I think it would be awesome to replace Monsters Inc. (even though I'm a bigger fan of Monsters Inc. than Ratatouille) and copy the Paris version that is coming up. The current state of Monsters makes me sad when the Tokyo version is so much cooler with the interactive flash lights!

To say that this isn't a franchise isn't fair. $204k US Gross for Ratatouille versus $200k US for Tangled. Sure it's easier to have Rapunzel walk around instead of a lifelike rat. But that's why I like what they did in WDW with the animatronic Remy in the restaurant.

French cuisine doesn't have to be expensive. There are a few French cuisine restaurants and cafes in my town. Very health conscious foods at one. But the Disney Price? I would imagine it would be similar to Wine Country or Ariel's.

And it probably would be best to put this in a 3rd Gate instead of DCA as it's California, not the world.