Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What’s, The Thing you hate about the Park you love ?

Ok been away from mice chat for a while but have finally gotten the time to come back and enjoy my fellows. I’ve returned with a question that’s been burning away in my head for months. What’s, The Thing you hate about the Park you love ? ( if anything). I know what your probably thinking. What this guys problem, but I feel it an honest if perhaps a bit Zen of a question to ask the real fans of Disneyland, What irks you about the “house of the mouse”? I mean someone always asking what’s your favorite ( food, ride, etc ), I want to know what get you going the other way.

I not a hater or even a pessimist ( well at lest I’m not aware of it), I’m curious. It can be anything from something that happen just once or something that seems to happen every visit. It can be something big or something small. Perhaps it the line at the “Dole whip” stand, or the fact that your favorite ride always seems down when you visit. Put plainly it can be anything. The only thing I prefer not to hear about is why someone else comment is “Dumb” or “ Petty”. Feel free to tell me all the gory detail or just a few choice words. Thanks for taking the time to read and hope this is something we can all enjoy. So think of me as your own personal “Ludwig Von Drake” and we have plenty of time in this session so feel free to open up.
    you don't have to be crazy to use this profile..but it helps

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: What’s, The Thing you hate about the Park you love ?

The Price increase for one.....I feel they could have done it "differently"

A few rides I would not miss (as they are) Pooh, Monsters, Buzz and Nemo.....all of these on paper work but they were just too cheap/they just did not know how to bring them to life in a way that make them instant classic's

• Minion

The sell, sell, sell mentality of the parks. I cant really blame them for trying to make money, but they could at least tey to make things look less like a money grab.

• Sock Puppet

Replacing the Pirates soundtrack and making sure everyone mentions Jack Sparrow for a few scenes.

• Tour Ready

Too Many ECVs all over the Park!

• Banned User

Tiny castle! Yes, I know its just what it is, but when you spend time in the other parks, it does feel reeeeeaaaally small! Not counting HKDL since they are the same castle.

• Minion

Long lines and overcrowding.

Overcrowding. Too many people love DLR just as much as I do!
    [Half awake] How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon?

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverOcelot619 View Post
    Replacing the Pirates soundtrack and making sure everyone mentions Jack Sparrow for a few scenes.
    Ugh!!! Jack on pirates bugs me too!!! Im not one of those people to argue against it based on principle like "its sacred". But they could have done it so much better. They could have adapted jack to fit the ride instead of changing the ride to fit around jack.

I mean, why are the pirates after jack? Why is the town protecting him? Don't they know he's trying to steal their treasure? In that case, why is jack enemies with the pirates? Shouldn't they help each other for the same goal? It just seems like a half-@$$ job to me.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

I hate the fact that Indiana Jones has been long overdue for a refurb but hasn't gotten it. The ride has been slower, off time, the soundtrack sometimes doen't play on some seats, it doesn't whip me back and forth like it used too. And it always seems like waiting in the stand-by line is a risk since the ride is always breaking down. I hate standing in that line and realizing it hasn't moved for 15 minutes.

Strollers and people that are walking slow in front of you then stop for no reason to talk to each then you have to go around them. Theeee worst.

• Vidia's Minion

They need to rename PotC to something like Jack Sparrow's Pirate Adventure in it's current format. Bleh

People stopping in the middle of a walk way suddenly bugs me a lot too.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Pinrar View Post
    Ugh!!! Jack on pirates bugs me too!!! Im not one of those people to argue against it based on principle like "its sacred". But they could have done it so much better. They could have adapted jack to fit the ride instead of changing the ride to fit around jack.

I mean, why are the pirates after jack? Why is the town protecting him? Don't they know he's trying to steal their treasure? In that case, why is jack enemies with the pirates? Shouldn't they help each other for the same goal? It just seems like a half-@$$ job to me.

That's how I feel... it's not the concept that bugs me, it's the execution of it. In the town, they could have just as easily had Jack hiding out, and not changed the soundtrack to pirates torturing the mayor to find Jack, etc.

• Non-Minion

ipods and cell phones
    "If you were thinking, you wouldn't have thought that"

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverOcelot619 View Post
    That's how I feel... it's not the concept that bugs me, it's the execution of it. In the town, they could have just as easily had Jack hiding out, and not changed the soundtrack to pirates torturing the mayor to find Jack, etc.

I know they really didn't do it with much care. He really jacks up the story I like him at the end...it makes sense he swindled the town and the pirates out of the treasure. But everywhere else he needs to go.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast